Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: List grep results
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers List grep results Post 302094018 by slire on Tuesday 24th of October 2006 12:30:04 PM
Old 10-24-2006
Sorry, maybe I was a bit unclear, but the problem is a little bit more complicated, that commando will only print the file name and not any other information, like date whem file was created.....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to refine results of grep -p

I need help to further reduce the output shown below. I want to be able to only return the paragraph where the 'Database alias' is exactly equal to DBIHP. I do not want the other paragraphs being shown below. $ echo $dbalias DBIHP $ db2 list db directory|grep -p 'Database alias ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: priceb
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

My ps -ef|grep command results are chopped off

On our one HP-UX 11i box, we have some very long paths defined. When I want to check on our user processes running, the resulting paths are chopped off. /xyz/abc/123/......./server/b is really a process running in the ..../server/bin directory. Is this a terminal problem or buffer length... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bsp18974
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting patterns from the results of grep

Hi All, I'm struggling with a problem that I'm wondering (and hoping!) that someone can help me with. I have a number of .xml files which I'm using grep to search for the string 'include'. I need to extract the value of the include from the grep result. For example, on any given file, I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Steve_altius
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding grep'd results in a variable

Here is one I am baffled with; I have not used unix for a while and now that I am back it has been fun remembering and I have enjoyed it, for the most past. this is in ksh. I need to search in a file for the line with X1 and cut columns 20-25, put them into a variable, added them (dollar... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CougarMutt
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep no results

Hello guys, I have been looking around but can't find the answer to my problem: If the grep command displays no results, print "no results have been found" and increment x. But if the grep command find something, do nothing. if echo "no results have been found $x" x=`expr $x + 1 `... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Benou
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to do ls -l on results of grep and find?

Hi, Am running the command below to search for files that contains a certain string. grep -il "shutdown" `find . -type f -mtime -1 -print` | grep "^./scripts/active" How do I get it to do a ls -l on the list of files? I tried doing ls -l `grep -il "shutdown" `find . -type f -mtime -1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to analyse results of grep

Hi all, I'm working with a peice of software that runs on Linux that allows planning trips in cars through maps. This software has different variations depending on the type of car, e.g. BMW, Audi, Hyundai, etc... Each variation has a dependency on common external components that are not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emoshaya
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep not giving expected results

Version: RHEL 5.8 I am doing a grep of the piped output from ps command as shown below. I am grepping for the pattern ora_dbw* . But, in the result set I am seeing strings with ora_dbr* as well like ora_dbrm_SDLM1DAS3 as shown below. Any idea why is this happening ? $ ps -ef | grep... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to concatenate grep results?

hi, let's say we have input in files test1.txt, test2.txt, text3.txt ... ... ... ('...' means more files & lines not just 'dots') test1.txt has: A B C D ... ... ... test2.txt has A B C D ... ... ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msonoth
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot get results from grep command

Hi, i have a file hello.log which as several line that look like the below 2015-12-07 09:46:56 0:339 120.111.12.12 POST /helloWorld 2015-12-07 09:46:57 0:439 122.111.12.12 POST /helloWorld .... when i grep expecting to see results like the below. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies
YTREE(1)							  LOCAL COMMANDS							  YTREE(1)

NAME
ytree - File Manager - SYNOPSYS
ytree [archive file|directory] DESCRIPTION
If there is no command line argument, the current directory will be used. Following commands are available: 1.) DIR-Modus: -Attribute Change direcory permissions (like chmod) -Delete Delete selected directory -Filespec Set file specification (reg. expression) e.g. *.[ch] for all *.c and *.h - Files -Group Change directory group ownership -Log Restart ytree with new root directory/archiv file -Makedir Create new directory -Owner Change user ownership of selected directory -Rename Rename selected directory -Showall Show all files in all directories -Tag Tag all files in selected directory -Untag Untag all files in selected directory -eXecute Execute a shell commando -^Filemode Change viewmodus for files: - filenames only - name, attributes, links, size, modification time, symb. link - name, attribute, inode, owner, group, symb. link - change status-, access time, symb. link -Return Switch to file modus -^Quit QuitTo: If you exit ytree with ^Q, the last selected directory becomes your current working directory. This feature only works if you start ytree with this bash-function (copy this to your ~/.bashrc): function yt { echo cd $PWD >~/.ytree-$$.chdir /usr/bin/ytree $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 source ~/.ytree-$$.chdir rm ~/.ytree-$$.chdir } 2.) FILE-Modus -Attribute Change file permissions (like chmod) -^Attribute Change permissions of all tagged files. ? stands for: do not change attribute -Copy Copy file -^K Copy Copy all tagged files -Delete Delete selected file -^Delete Delete all tagged files -Edit Edit selected file with EDITOR (see ~/.ytree) or - if not defined - vi -Filespec Set file specification (reg. expression) e.g. *.[ch] for all *.c and *.h - Files -Group Change group ownership of selected file -^Group Change group ownership of all tagged files -Hex View selected file with HEXDUMP (see ~/.ytree), or - if not defined - hd / od -h -Log Restart ytree with new root directory/archive file -Move move selected file -^N Move Move all tagged files -Owner Change user ownership of selected file -^Owner Change user owndership of all tagged files -Pipe Pipe content of file to a command -^Pipe Pipe content of all tagged files to a command -Rename Rename selected file -^Rename Rename all tagged files -untag ^Search Untag files by using an external program (e.g. grep) -Sort Sort filelist by - access time - change time - extension - group - modification time - name - owner - size -Tag Tag selected file -^Tag Tag all currently shown files -Untag Untag selected file -^Untag Untag all currently shown files -View View file with the pager defined in ~/.ytree or - if not defined - with pg -cen -eXecute Execute a shell commando -e^Xecute Execute shell commando for all tagged files. The string {} is replaced by the current filename -pathcopY Copy selected file inclusive path -pathcop^Y Copy all tagged files inclusive path -^Filemode Switch view-modus for files: - filenames only - name, attribute, links, size, modification time, symb. link - name, attribute, inode, owner, group, symb. link - changestatus-, access time, symb. link -^L Refresh Screen -Space Suppress screen-output while working -Return Switch to expand modus 3.) ARCHIV-DIR-Modus -Filespec Set file specification (reg. expression) e.g. *.[ch] for all *.c and *.h - Files -Log Restart ytree with new root directory/archive file -Showall Show all files in all directories -Tag Tag all files in selected directory -Untag Untag all files in selected directory -eXecute Execute a shell commando -^Filemode Change viewmodus for files: - filenames only - name, attribute, links, size, modification time - name, attribute, owner, group -^L Refresh Screen 4.) ARCHIV-FILE-Modus: -Copy Copy selected file -^K Copy Copy all tagged files -Filespec Set file specification (reg. expression) e.g. *.[ch] for all *.c and *.h - Files -Hex View selected file with HEXDUMP (see ~/.ytree), or - if not defined - hd / od -h -Pipe Pipe content of all tagged to a command -Sort Sort file list by - access time - change time - extension - group - modification time - name - owner - size -Tag Tag selected file -^Tag Tag all files in selected directory -Untag Untag all files in selected directory -View View file with the pager defined in ~/.ytree or - if not defined - with pg -cen -eXecute Execute a shell commando -^Filemode Switch view-modus for files: - filenames only - name, attribute, links, size -^L Refresh Screen -Return Switch to Expand-Modus ytree switches to archive-modus automatically either by choosing an archive file with the Log commando or by calling ytree from the command line with an archive file given as a command line argument. ytree recognize the filename extensions ".F", ".Z", ".z" and ".gz" and calls the appropriate uncompressor MELT (default=melt), UNCOMPRESS (default=uncompress) and GNUUNZIP (default=gunzip -c). You may change these settings in ~/.ytree. ytree supports following archive types and requires: TAR-Files: gtar (tested with GNU-TAR 1.12) ARC-Files: arc (tested with arc 5.12 02/05/86) LHA-Files: xlharc (tested with xlharc V1.02 1989) ZIP-Files: unzip (tested with unzip v5.0 08/92) " " zipinfo (tested with zipinfo v1.0 08/92) ZOO-Files: zoo (tested with zoo v2.10) RAR-Files: unrar (tested with unrar v2.01 RPM-Files: rpm2cpio (tested with RedHat V6.1) " " rpm (tested with RedHat V6.1) Archive files will be recognized by filename extension (e.g zoo, zip). TAR-Files may have following extensions: ".F", ".TFR", ".Faa", (freeze) ".Z", ".TZ", ".TZR", ".Xaa", (compress) ".z", ".gz", ".tzr", ".tz", ".xaa", ".tgz", ".TGZ", ".taz", ".TAZ", ".tpz" und ".TPZ" (gzip) The View commando is customizeable in the [VIEWER] section of ~/.ytree: Example: [VIEWER] .jpg,.gif,.bmp,.tif,.ppm,.xpm=xv .1,.2,.3,.4,.5,.6,.7,.8,.n=nroff -man | less .ps=ghostview .mid,.MID=playmidi -e .wav,.WAV=splay .au=auplay .avi,.mpg,.mov=xanim .htm,.html=lynx .pdf,.PDF=acroread .mp3=mpg123 A command-line history is supported: Use cursor up/down. Use "F2" on the command-line to select directories. FILES
$HOME/.ytree ytree configuration file BUGS
To avoid problems with escape sequences on RS/6000 machines (telnet/rlogin) please set the environment variable ESCDELAY: ESCDELAY=1000 export ESCDELAY AUTOR
W. Bregulla (werner@frolix.han.de) 21 March 2004 YTREE(1)