Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Every week one dir - How to
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Every week one dir - How to Post 302093041 by Sergiu-IT on Tuesday 17th of October 2006 03:54:02 AM
Old 10-17-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlotus72
I need to make programmatically
one dir every week Saturday, like 102106, 102806, ...
10 ==> month
21 ==> Saturdays
06 ==>Yr
Any idea?
Well... you can make a very simple shell script that will create the date in the format you want and after that run that script weekly via crontab.
The script should be something like this:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
#
mydate = `date "+%m%d%Y"`
mkdir date

In the crontab file you should add something like this:
Code:
15      4       *       *       6       root    /path/to/the/script

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to go to a different dir to run a commandline prompt in that dir

Hi, I need to know how I'll be able to write a script that can goto a different dir where I don't have access to read,write and execute and also to run a commandline prompt in that dir with one file whose path has to be specified in that command. Will I be able to do this? Any ideas or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ann_124
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

a script to clone a dir tree, & overwrite the dir struct elsewhere?

hi all, i'm looking for a bash or tcsh script that will clone an empty dir tree 'over' another tree ... specifically, i'd like to: (1) specify a src directory (2) list the directory tree/hiearchy beneath that src dir, w/o files -- just the dirs (3) clone that same, empty dir hierarchy to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OpenMacNews
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find and remove last week dir

hello all, I want to ask, how to find last week directory and then remove it.. I have a directory in path /home/backup/ and, inside backup dir, I have 6 dir : - 01_20080414 ( today date ) - 02_20080414 ( today date ) - 01_20080413 - 02_20080413 - 01_20080407 ( last week date ) -... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kunimi
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

CPIO Problem, copy to the root dir / instead of current dir

HI all, I got a CPIO archive that contains a unix filesystem that I try to extract, but it extract to the root dir / unstead of current dir, and happily it detects my file are newer otherwise it would have overwrited my system's file! I tried all these commands cpio -i --make-directories <... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nekkro-kvlt
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

A script to find dir, delete files in, and then del dir?

Hello!! I have directories from 2008, with files in them. I want to create a script that will find the directoried from 2008 (example directory: drwxr-xr-x 2 isplan users 1024 Nov 21 2008 FILES_112108), delete the files within those directories and then delete the directories... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perform action in dir if dir has .git subdir

Hi, I want to run git status for the dir which has subdir ".git" in it with dir path mentioned in output log? If a dir does not have .git subdir then skip that dir. Dir will have 100 main dirs & 500 + subdirs and so on. I appreciate all your help :b: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragon.1431
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving files from a dir in one machine to a dir in another machines

Hi, I am a unix newbie.I need to write a shell script to move my oracle READ WRITE datafiles from one serevr to another. I need to move it from /u01/oradata/W1KK/.. to /u01/oradata/W2KK, /u02/oradata/W1KK/.. to /u02/oradata/W2KK. That is, I actaully am moving my datafiles from one database to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathews
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to list all files in dir and sub-dir's recursively along with file size?

I am very new to unix as well as shell scripting. I have to write a script for the following requirement. In have to list all the files in directory and its sub directories along with file path and size of the file Please help me in this regard and many thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmakkena
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - Find paths of multiple files in CC (dir and sub-dir))

Dear Members, I have a list of xml files like abc.xml.table prq.xml.table ... .. . in a txt file. Now I have to search the file(s) in all directories and sub-directories and print the full path of file in a output txt file. Please help me with the script or command to do so. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
11 Replies

10. AIX

Assign read write permission to the user for specific dir and it's sub dir and files in AIX

I have searched this quite a long time but couldn't find the right method for me to use. I need to assign read write permission to the user for specific directories and it's sub directories and files. I do not want to use ACL. I do not want to assign user the same group of that directories too.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blinkingdan
0 Replies
langinfo.h(3HEAD)						      Headers							 langinfo.h(3HEAD)

NAME
langinfo.h, langinfo - language information constants SYNOPSIS
#include <langinfo.h> DESCRIPTION
The <langinfo.h> header contains the constants used to identify items of langinfo data (see nl_langinfo(3C)). The type of the constant, nl_item, is defined as described in <nl_types.h>. The following constants are defined. The entries under Category indicate in which setlocale(3C) category each item is defined. | | Constant | Category | Meaning ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- CODESET |LC_CTYPE |codeset name ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- D_T_FMT |LC_TIME |string for formatting date and time ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- D_FMT |LC_TIME |date format string ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- T_FMT |LC_TIME |time format string ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- T_FMT_AMPM |LC_TIME |a.m. or p.m. time format string ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- AM_STR |LC_TIME |ante-meridiem affix ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- PM_STR |LC_TIME |post-meridiem affix ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- DAY_1 |LC_TIME |name of the first day of the week (for | |example, Sunday) ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- DAY_2 |LC_TIME |name of the second day of the week (for | |example, Monday) ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- DAY_3 |LC_TIME |name of the third day of the week (for | |example, Tuesday) ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- DAY_4 |LC_TIME |name of the fourth day of the week (for | |example, Wednesday) ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- DAY_5 |LC_TIME |name of the fifth day of the week (for | |example, Thursday) ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- DAY_6 |LC_TIME |name of the sixth day of the week (for | |example, Friday) ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- DAY_7 |LC_TIME |name of the seventh day of the week | |(for example, Saturday) ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ABDAY_1 |LC_TIME |abbreviated name of the first day of | |the week ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ABDAY_2 |LC_TIME |abbreviated name of the second day of | |the week ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ABDAY_3 |LC_TIME |abbreviated name of the third day of | |the week ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ABDAY_4 |LC_TIME |abbreviated name of the fourth day of | |the week ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ABDAY_5 |LC_TIME |abbreviated name of the fifth day of | |the week ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ABDAY_6 |LC_TIME |abbreviated name of the seventh day of | |the week ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ABDAY_7 |LC_TIME |abbreviated name of the seventh day of | |the week ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- MON_1 |LC_TIME |name of the first month of the year ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- MON_2 |LC_TIME |name of the second month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- MON_3 |LC_TIME |name of the third month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- MON_4 |LC_TIME |name of the fourth month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- MON_5 |LC_TIME |name of the fifth month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- MON_6 |LC_TIME |name of the sixth month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- MON_7 |LC_TIME |name of the seventh month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- MON_8 |LC_TIME |name of the eighth month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- MON_9 |LC_TIME |name of the ninth month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- MON_10 |LC_TIME |name of the tenth month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- MON_11 |LC_TIME |name of the eleventh month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- MON_12 |LC_TIME |name of the twelfth month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ABMON_1 |LC_TIME |abbreviated name of the first month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ABMON_2 |LC_TIME |abbreviated name of the second month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ABMON_3 |LC_TIME |abbreviated name of the third month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ABMON_4 |LC_TIME |abbreviated name of the fourth month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ABMON_5 |LC_TIME |abbreviated name of the fifth month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ABMON_6 |LC_TIME |abbreviated name of the sixth month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ABMON_7 |LC_TIME |abbreviated name of the seventh month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ABMON_8 |LC_TIME |abbreviated name of the eighth month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ABMON_9 |LC_TIME |abbreviated name of the ninth month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ABMON_10 |LC_TIME |abbreviated name of the tenth month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ABMON_11 |LC_TIME |abbreviated name of the eleventh month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ABMON_12 | LC_TIME |abbreviated name of the twelfth month ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ERA |LC_TIME |era description segments ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ERA_D_FMT |LC_TIME |era date format string ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ERA_D_T_FMT |LC_TIME |era date and time format string ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ERA_T_FMT |LC_TIME |era time format string ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- ALT_DIGITS |LC_TIME |alternative symbols for digits ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- RADIXCHAR |LC_NUMERIC |radix character ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- THOUSEP |LC_NUMERIC |separator for thousands ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- YESEXPR |LC_MESSAGES |affirmative response expression ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- NOEXPR |LC_MESSAGES |negative response expression ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- YESSTR |LC_MESSAGES |affirmative response for yes/no queries ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- NOSTR |LC_MESSAGES |negative response ro yes/no queries ----------------+----------------+---------------------------------------- CRNCYSTR |LC_MONETARY |local currency symbol, preceded by '-' | |if the symbol sould appear before the | |value, '+' if the symbol should appear | |after the value, or '.' if the symbol | |should replace the radix character If the locale's values for p_cs_precedes and n_cs_precedes do not match, the value of nl_langinfo(CRNCYSTR) is unspecified. The <langinfo.h> header declares the following as a function: char *nl_langinfo(nl_item); Inclusion of <langinfo.h> header may also make visible all symbols from <nl_types.h>. USAGE
Wherever possible, users are advised to use functions compatible with those in the ISO C standard to access items of langinfo data. In par- ticular, the strftime(3C) function should be used to access date and time information defined in category LC_TIME. The localeconv(3C) func- tion should be used to access information corresponding to RADIXCHAR, THOUSEP, and CRNCYSTR. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mkmsgs(1), localeconv(3C), nl_langinfo(3C), nl_types.h(3HEAD), setlocale(3C), strftime(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 30 Aug 2002 langinfo.h(3HEAD)