Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting HOw to connect oracle using ksh and perl script Post 302093021 by chendra.putta on Monday 16th of October 2006 10:21:16 PM
Old 10-16-2006
NO i have't, Please give me starting steps

Thanks
chendra

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect ORACLE using PERL

Hi Friends, I am having Perl 5 and Oracle 9i. I just wanna to connect Oracle DB & to perform some select query statement. Could anyone pls let me know. I've tried below command which i found in some website, But it throws some error.:confused: Executed: perl -e 'use DBI; print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vijayakumarpc
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl connect to remote oracle db without local oracle installation

I want to use Perl to connect to a remote Oracle DB I have no oracle installation on my server (and dont plan on installing one) I am using solaris 9 on x86 server. Is this possible? I basically want to run some basic sql queries on the remote oracle db which I have access to using perl on my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to oracle db using shell script

Hi, I want to connect to oracle db using unix shell script. And i want to retrieve data from db through shell script. Please help me as soon as possible. Thanks, J.P. Das (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyotidas
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Free UNIX with ksh, perl, Oracle and SQL

Is there a UNIX with ksh, perl, Oracle an SQL to download for free? If not, how can I "build" one? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sygonion
9 Replies

5. Programming

Help on a perl script to connect to oracle ASM as sysdba

I am novice to perl. Can someone guide me on the below query. We have an existing perl script which connects to database to check the disk group status which i wanted to retieve directly from ASM rather than database. This is because, a cluster has more than 4 databases running and a check on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai_rsk
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use perl to connect to Oracle ASM as sysdba

I am novice to perl. Can someone guide me on the below query. We have an existing perl script which connects to database to check the disk group status which i wanted to retieve directly from ASM rather than database. This is because, a cluster has more than 4 databases running and a check on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sai_rsk
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to connect to the oracle database

Hi Unix Gurus, I have a requirement to write a script, Oracle DB gets referesh every 6hrs, hence we need write a script to connect to the database , if it connects it should generate a file to proceed the next job application or when an error when connectiong to DB it should not generate any... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bshivali
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect to Oracle database using shell script?

Hi All, I am newbie to unix shell scripting. I want to connect to oracle database using shell script. I know how to connect DB using user name and password but my question is if my password is having '@' sign then how to connect. I have tried like below, cnt=`sqlplus -s /nolog << EOFSQL ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmotewar
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to Oracle with Perl through Cygwin

I try to connect to Oracle through cygwin, but it fails. The Oracle version 11.2 is installed on a Windows 2003 server. Cygwin and Perl is installed on the same server. cygwin>uname -a CYGWIN_NT-5.2 N0871 1.7.9(0.237/5/3) 2011-03-29 10:10 i686 Cygwin cygwin>perl -v This is perl, v5.10.1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MSiipola
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to connect to Oracle server from shell script

Hi, I am facing an issue in connecting to database from Linux shell script. Here is my code export ORACLE_BASE=xxx export ORACLE_SID=xxx export ORACLE_HOME=xxxx DB_PATH=xxx/'yyy@yy' UserId=`sqlplus -s $DB_PATH <<EOF set head off feedback off select max(USER_ID)+1 from USERS;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuvi
6 Replies
Test::BDD::Cucumber::StepFile(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Test::BDD::Cucumber::StepFile(3pm)

NAME
Test::BDD::Cucumber::StepFile - Functions for creating and loading Step Definitions VERSION
version 0.11 DESCRIPTION
Provides the Given/When/Then functions, and a method for loading Step Definition files and returning the steps. SYNOPSIS
Defining steps: #!perl use strict; use warnings; use Test::More; use Test::BDD::Cucumber::StepFile; use Method::Signatures; # Allows short-hand func method Given 'something', func ($c) { print "YEAH!" } When qr/smooooth (d+)/, func ($c) { print "YEEEHAH $1" } Then qr/something (else)/, func ($c) { print "Meh $1" } Step qr/die now/, func ($c) { die "now" } Loading steps, in a different file: use Test::BDD::Cucumber::StepFile; my @steps = Test::BDD::Cucumber::StepFile->load('filename_steps.pl'); EXPORTED FUNCTIONS
Given When Then Step Accept a regular expression or string, and a coderef. Some cute tricks ensure that when you call the "load()" method on a file with these statements in, these are returned to it... load Loads a file containing step definitions, and returns a list of the steps defined in it, of the form: ( [ 'Given', qr/abc/, sub { etc } ], [ 'Step', 'asdf', sub { etc } ] ) AUTHOR
Peter Sergeant "pete@clueball.com" LICENSE
Copyright 2011, Peter Sergeant; Licensed under the same terms as Perl perl v5.14.2 2012-05-20 Test::BDD::Cucumber::StepFile(3pm)