Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SAS Tuning
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users SAS Tuning Post 302091414 by alex blanco on Monday 2nd of October 2006 08:55:47 PM
Old 10-02-2006
SAS Tuning

Does anyone had perfomed a tuning with SAS on Solaris???
Performance is not so good and I found out that Share Memory an Semaphores are the same that initial instalation, I havent found info at internet

Please help

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stop a SAS job

Hi, Never used SAS on UNIX before today, I have a job running I would like to stop... Is there a command I could put in the terminal editor to accomplish this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cube
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validating date in sas

I need some help on sas on unix.... Is there any way to validate date in sas (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radhika03
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute SAS Foreground

Hi, I am executing the SAS program using Unix script to call SAS program, but i would like to run that SAS program in forground mode, does anyone know what is command. Thanks in advance!! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: terala
0 Replies

4. Solaris

SAS Setup

Hi, I have a solaris box with an LSI SAS HBA and a16 bay SAS JBOD. I can only see 15 of the 16 drives, ID 7 is not seen. Do I have to edit the st.conf file to get things to work properly? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: montanye
0 Replies

5. Web Development

MySQL Tuning Tools with mysqltuner.pl and tuning-primer.sh

We have been tuning MySQL lately and I ran accoss two useful tools that you might be interested in: mysqltuner.pl tuning-primer.sh Both of these scripts are quite useful for MySQL tuning. Here is some sample output of mysqltuner.pl >> MySQLTuner 0.9.8 - Major Hayden... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

SAS running audits

I'm not sure if anyone can help here. I don't know much about Unix but will give the information that I can. I am trying to run audits of my data with the command sas audit. When it asks for a batch number I put in the number that I am looking to print. When I do this I am getting the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jld1124
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SAS Process Getting Killed

HI all, I am very new to AIX (matter of fact Unix). We are currently automating out manual process using Unix Shell Scripting. My wrote a shell script which will accept the name of the sas job as parameter, checks the existense of the sas file in the specified folder. If it is not present,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anubhav2020
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding relation between SAS and HTML

How is sas related to web development - once we have the sas code executed what is the necessity to create a html output?? Any sas and html users welcome .. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swathi123
2 Replies

9. Linux

My first SAS..a simple question.

I bought for backup this controller LSI LSI9212-4i4e 6G SAS I will buy a quantum reader like this Quantum TC-L62BN-EM 2500GB LTO Two simple question a)I read..2500GB,this mean i cannot use tape lto6 over 3tb? b)Wich external cable?A sata external cable is good? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies
SMP_REP_PHY_ERR_LOG(8)						     SMP_UTILS						    SMP_REP_PHY_ERR_LOG(8)

NAME
smp_rep_phy_err_log - invoke REPORT PHY ERROR LOG SMP function SYNOPSIS
smp_rep_phy_err_log [--help] [--hex] [--interface=PARAMS] [--phy=ID] [--raw] [--sa=SAS_ADDR] [--verbose] [--version] SMP_DEVICE[,N] DESCRIPTION
Sends a SAS Management Protocol (SMP) REPORT PHY ERROR LOG request function to a SMP target. The SMP target is identified by the SMP_DEVICE and the SAS_ADDR. Depending on the interface, the SAS_ADDR may be deduced from the SMP_DEVICE. With one interface there is one SMP_DEVICE per machine so the SMP_DEVICE,N syntax is needed to differentiate between HBAs if there are multiple present. OPTIONS
Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options as well. -h, --help output the usage message then exit. -H, --hex output the response in hexadecimal. -I, --interface=PARAMS interface specific parameters. In this case "interface" refers to the path through the operating system to the SMP initiator. See the smp_utils man page for more information. -p, --phy=ID phy identifier. ID is a value between 0 and 127. Default is 0. -r, --raw send the response to stdout in binary. All error messages are sent to stderr. -s, --sa=SAS_ADDR specifies the SAS address of the SMP target device. Typically this is an expander. This option may not be needed if the SMP_DEVICE has the target's SAS address within it. The SAS_ADDR is in decimal but most SAS addresses are shown in hexadecimal. To give a number in hexadecimal either prefix it with '0x' or put a trailing 'h' on it. -v, --verbose increase the verbosity of the output. Can be used multiple times -V, --version print the version string and then exit. NOTES
Similar information is maintained for SAS SSP target phys (e.g. on a SAS disk). It can be obtained from the Protocol Specific Port log page with the sg_logs utility. Similar information may be obtained for SAS initiator phys (e.g. on a SAS HBA). As an example in Linux 2.6.28 error information can be found in this directory /sys/class/sas_phy/phy-4:0 (for the phy 0 in SCSI/SAS host 4). Similar information may be obtained for SATA device phys (e.g. on a SATA disk). If there is a SAT layer between OS and the SATA device then the sg_sat_phy_event utility can fetch the information. CONFORMING TO
The SMP REPORT PHY ERROR LOG function was introduced in SAS-1 . The "Expander change count" field was added in SAS-2 . AUTHORS
Written by Douglas Gilbert. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <dgilbert at interlog dot com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006-2008 Douglas Gilbert This software is distributed under a FreeBSD license. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PUR- POSE. SEE ALSO
smp_utils, smp_phy_control(smp_utils), sg_logs(sg3_utils), sg_sat_phy_event(sg3_utils) smp_utils-0.94 December 2008 SMP_REP_PHY_ERR_LOG(8)