Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: catching some errors
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting catching some errors Post 302091139 by ghostdog74 on Friday 29th of September 2006 09:58:07 AM
Old 09-29-2006
so have you written anything..?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

catching interrupts

hey i have been facing a problem,can you tell me if we can catch ctrl d in unix i have tried and sucessfully catched and disabled ctrl-c and ctrl -z but am not sure if we can do the same for CTRL-D, so got any clue mail on he forum or ...i mean c programming in Unix thats what i am working on (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: toughguy2handle
1 Replies

2. Programming

Catching signal and piping

Hi, Recently I was reading some c coding by some colleagues and I noticed that the above trend. They will create a pipe for the process then they will use the standard signal handler to capture a particular signal and write that signal to the pipe. On the other end, the process will read the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: joseph_ng
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk- catching the last two chars

Can anyone explain to me how to get the last two chars' from each row of Column (each row being variable in length) using awk, some of the lines will be blank, I'll be running a paste after awking. So I need to keep the blanks where they are..so I can paste back all columns in the correct order ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gerry405
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Catching all Exit Codes

I have a Unix Script that has several exit in the middle. each returning seperate exit codes. I have to catch all the exit's and perform an operation say "Mail the status code" before the actual code completes. How can i do this in KSH ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sivaswami J
3 Replies

5. Programming

Signal catching

Hi! I want to catch all signals that my program receives print their name and then execute the default handler. Can you help me on that? I've tried the following code: #include <stdio.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <signal.h> void (*hnd)(int i); char signals = { "SIGHUP",... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dark_knight
7 Replies

6. Programming

popen catching output and errors

I have code which at the moment only catches the command/program output if the program runs correctly, which is a small problem as I would like to capture everything from stdout inclusive of errors FILE *fp; fp = popen(command.c_str(), "r"); while(fgets(cbuf, 1024, fp) != NULL){ .....do stuff... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mshindo
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Catching errors

Hi, I'm writing a scheduling script which will co-ordinate the launching of scripts. This script is scheduling based on an input file, and launches the appropriate scripts at the right times. The only issue I'm having is: - if a script dies, or even has a syntax error, I want to catch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GoldenEye4ever
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Catching error in sftp

Hi All Experts, I have a script which logs to the server via sftp connection with below code :- user_name@sftp_server.com and the connection is going smooth. My requirement is to place file in sftp_server in some path. and if path doesn't exist or the file is not put successfully I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: punitsoneji
3 Replies

9. Solaris

BSM not catching creat64

Solaris 9 system: I'm trying to get BSM to record to the point where additional files being put into /etc/opt/csw/sudoers.d will be recorded but thus far all I'm able to get are when files are deleted (via unlink). I've even tried auditing based on the "all" audit flag temporarily (thinking I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thmnetwork
2 Replies
vzeventd(8)							    Containers							       vzeventd(8)

NAME
vzeventd - the OpenVZ events daemon. SYNOPSIS
vzeventd [-v] [-d] vzeventd -h DESCRIPTION
This daemon takes care of events sent by the OpenVZ kernel (via a netlink socket) and performs required actions associated with those events, by running specific scripts. Every event received contains a container ID, which is passed to the script as VEID environment vari- able. Current list of known events and associated vzeventd actions are: start Ignore. stop Run /usr/lib/vzctl/scripts/vzevent-stop. This script takes care of removing ARP and routing records for the given CT from CT0. mount Ignore. umount Ignore. reboot Run /usr/lib/vzctl/scripts/vzevent-reboot. This script takes care of rebooting a given CT. OPTIONS
-v Increase verbosity (can be used multiple times). -d Debug mode (do not daemonize, run in foreground). -h Display help and exit. EXIT STATUS
Returns 0 upon success. LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2010-2011, Parallels, Inc. Licensed under GNU GPL. AUTHOR
This manual page was initially written by Thorsten Schifferdecker <tsd@debian.systs.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). OpenVZ 28 Jun 2011 vzeventd(8)