Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SAN basics
Special Forums IP Networking SAN basics Post 302090964 by mdhmi on Thursday 28th of September 2006 09:17:57 AM
Old 09-28-2006
For which OS? What type of storage hardware? What type of HBA? What type of volume management? Everything changes everything.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Basics

Hey, you said this forum was for Dummies, so don't blame me for the following! :D My whole "web building" life, I've had my sites hosted in one for or another. Lately, I've gotten into PHP and MySQL and, of course, those are also hosted for me. But lately, I've been thinking of using PHP and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cap97
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Thoughts/experiences of SAN attaching V880 to EMC SAN

Hi everyone, I wonder if I can canvas any opinions or thoughts (good or bad) on SAN attaching a SUN V880/490 to an EMC Clarion SAN? At the moment the 880 is using 12 internal FC-AL disks as a db server and seems to be doing a pretty good job. It is not I/O, CPU or Memory constrained and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: si_linux
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

San Basics for Redhat

Hi All, Need few answers 1) How to check HBA Card in rhel4/5/6. 2) How to HBA is faulty? 3) How to replace an HBA ? 4) How to reconfigure an HBA (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devendra.Sachde
3 Replies

4. AIX

AIX Basics

Hello , Everyone , I want to know the Aix Basics and how it works ,hardware related problems and solution etc. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: narendram
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help me with basics

hello everyone i have to start with unix as it is a part of my training programme and i have to do a self study, i dont know where to start from. i need some basic questions to be answerd like why we use unix ? what is a terminal? what is an editor? why we write commands inside terminal? these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aryancool
4 Replies

6. AIX

IBM SAN TO SAN Mirroring

Has anyone tried SAN to SAN mirroring on IBM DS SAN Storage. DS5020 mentions Enhanced Remote Mirror to multi-LUN applications I wonder if Oracle High availibility can be setup using Remote Mirror option of SAN ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX basics

Hi, I am new to Unix. can you explain in brief with examples what is variable, what is argument and what is parameter? i searched a lot on other forums but not able to find a appropriate answer. thanks in advance!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 21laps
3 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Faster way: SAN hd to SAN hd copying

hi! i got a rhel 6.3 host that already have an xfs filesystem mounted from a SAN (let's call it SAN-1) whose size is 9TB. i will be receiving another SAN (let's call it SAN-2) storage of 15TB size. this new addition is physically on another SAN storage. SAN-1 is on a Pillar storage while the new... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rino19ny
6 Replies
mkqdisk(8)						      Quorum Disk Management							mkqdisk(8)

NAME
mkqdisk - Cluster Quorum Disk Utility WARNING
Use of this command can cause the cluster to malfunction. SYNOPSIS
mkqdisk [-?|-h] | [-L] | [-f label] [-c device -l label] [-d [-d ...]] DESCRIPTION
The mkqdisk command is used to create a new quorum disk or display existing quorum disks accessible from a given cluster node. OPTIONS
-c device -l label Initialize a new cluster quorum disk. This will destroy all data on the given device. If a cluster is currently using that device as a quorum disk, the entire cluster will malfunction. Do not run this on an active cluster when qdiskd is running. Only one device on the SAN should ever have the given label; using multiple different devices is currently not supported (it is expected a RAID array is used for quorum disk redundancy). The label can be any textual string up to 127 characters - and is therefore enough space to hold a UUID created with uuidgen(1). -f label Find the cluster quorum disk with the given label and display information about it. -L Display information on all accessible cluster quorum disks. -d Increase debugging level. Specify multiple times for more information. Currently, specifying more than twice has no effect. SEE ALSO
qdisk(5), qdiskd(8), uuidgen(1) July 2006 mkqdisk(8)