Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mail Script need Help???
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mail Script need Help??? Post 302090307 by gkrishnag on Monday 25th of September 2006 02:49:03 AM
Old 09-25-2006
Mail Script need Help???

Hi

I have written the folowing mail function:
SENDMAIL () { mailx -r 'Team' -s ' QA Test & Work Build & Deployment ---> STARTED' $INTERESTED<<EOF
Maintenance is going on $path in 10 Minutes. So Please exit the Accounts
EOF
return
}

Above is working fine for me..

The question i have is, how do i include $path in my subject...

Any idea..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

e-mail script

Hi there, Just wondering if anyone can help me with a unix script that will allow to check if a file is in a directory and if it is then e-mail it to someone and then move the file to another directory. I have come up with nothing right now and was hoping someone could get the ball rolling... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ben_shark
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need a script that script extract info from mail

Hello, I receive email once an hour that looks like: subject line: dialin body: ip address ip address . . sometimes the body has no ip address in it(blank mail) I want a script that will send to my email every 12 hours the ip numbers and the time and data something like: data,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meravd
1 Replies

3. Solaris

how to forward mail in /var/mail/username to external mail

Dear All, Now I use solaris 10 and I try to forward mail from /var/mail/username to their external mail so what should I do? thank u in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to read mail on a mail server

Hi All, Is there any way Unix shell script can directly read a mail on a mail server (for eg. abc@xyz.com) and save it as a text file in a unix directory ? Thanks PRKS ---------- Post updated at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:36 AM ---------- I am using ksh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PRKS
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail script

Hi.. I need to create a script which will send a mail with attached file of log whenever its invoked with some text in its body. (Using Sendmail) I don't have any idea regarding that. any one help me out with this. Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script with mail

hello , what is wrong in this script ? #!/bin/bash limite=3 while ; do if ; then pru=/usr/bin/mei.txt cat $pru | mail -s "IMEIS" account@domain.com fi (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: academico69
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail script

Hi Folks Please help me on the below script I want to write a script to mail with the subject as "xxxxx" on (lastday-1)_month_year. means for this month the subject is like "xxxx" on 30_jan_2013 for february the subject is like "xxxx" on 27_feb_2013 only the subject needs to change,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboy98699
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

A shell script to run a script which don't get terminated and send a pattern from the output by mail

Hi Guys, I am very new to shell script and I need your help here to write a script. Actually, I have a script abc.sh which don't get terminated itself. So I need to design a script to run this script, save the output to a file, search for a given string in the output and if it exists send those... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sambit Sahu
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
comsat(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 comsat(8)

NAME
comsat - The biff server SYNOPSIS
comsat DESCRIPTION
The comsat server receives reports of incoming mail and notifies users who request this service. comsat is invoked by the inetd(8) daemon when it receives messages on a datagram port associated with the biff(1) service specification in /etc/services(4). The datagram contains a 1-line message of the form: user@mailbox-offset If the user specified is logged in and the associated terminal has the owner execute bit turned on (with biff y), offset is used as a seek offset into the file named in mailbox. The first 7 lines or 560 characters of the mes- sage are printed on the user's system. The message excludes mail header lines other than the From or Subject lines. The comsat command always tries to convert incoming mail messages from the mail interchange codeset to the user's application codeset. It determines the mail interchange code first by checking the mail message itself to see if it contains the required information. Otherwise, the system-wide default mail interchange code in the file /usr/lib/mail-codesets will be used. If no such system file exists, no codeset conversion will be performed. The determination of the user's application code in each terminal session is by one of the following methods. The application codeset defined in the user's Asian tty driver. The codeset name stored in the ~/.codesetdevname file, where devname is the name of the terminal device for the current terminal session. You can obtain the value of devname by issuing the tty command. For example, if the tty command returns /dev/ttys8, use ttys8 as the value for devname. The lang valued option defined in $HOME/.mailrc or /usr/share/lib/Mail.rc. FILES
Specifies the command path. Includes information about logged-in users and their associated ttys. File containing mailx subcommands to customize mailx for a specific user. File containing mailx subcommands to change mailx for all users on the system. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: biff(1), inetd(8), mailx(1), mh(1) Files: services(4), inetd.conf(4), tty(7) delim off comsat(8)