Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: verify arguments
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting verify arguments Post 302089581 by bebop1111116 on Tuesday 19th of September 2006 07:07:27 PM
Old 09-19-2006
verify arguments

thanks for your help, im gonna skip this one and try a different question. thanks for your help though.

Last edited by bebop1111116; 09-19-2006 at 10:01 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Verify Parameters

I have a unix script written in the korn shell. At the top of the script I call a script that exports the values of the variables I use in my script. I know that when you execute the script using ksh -x it shows you the script running. I was wondering if there was a way you could run the script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
2 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

verify patch update

Hi All, If I need to verify my solaris 8 with patch 110910-03 and I query the server below: #showrev -p | grep 'Patch: 110910-' Patch: 110910-01 Obsoletes: Requires: Incompatibles: Packages: SUNWcsu Do I still need to apply the patch if the older 110910-01 patch exist? Please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
5 Replies

3. AIX

Tape backups: do you always verify them after doing them ?

It may seam a bit odd that I ask this question. After you have done your backups to tapes, do you verify the content of the tapes ? - never - sometimes - always The reason I am asking is that here in the office, all the backup procedures include verifying the content of the tapes (no... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How verify that the last instruction was success ?

Hi gusys. I am developing a script that mount a filesystem ; I would like verify that this instruction has finished OK !!! I am tryin to use $? ; but I have doubt How use the if instruction with the $? variable : mount machine:/dir /dir if then action 1 else ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aggadtech08
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Verify the input

I run the script with one parameter : myscript abc002 But I need my script to check the parameter in txt array first: txt="abc001 abc002 abc004" What's the best way to do it? I am using ksh. #! /usr/bin/ksh txt="abc001 abc002 abc004" if ; then echo " Your input is wrong,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newoz
9 Replies

6. AIX

verify command

Guy's I have script doing many steps as the below ... ############# ## step1# mount all Files system mount all ## step2# Start the application /app/appsh ############# but some time mount points will not be mounted completely so that will give an error if the next step started... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep with two arguments to arguments to surch for

Hello, is it possible to give grep two documents to surche for? like grep "test" /home/one.txt AND /home/two.txt ? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cybertron
1 Replies

8. Hardware

Verify patching

I patched a linux kernel 2.6.28 with lttng patch. Now I have two folder of linux patched and unpatched. How can I verify whether the linux is patched or unptahced(original version)? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Verify multipathing

I have a couple of questions regarding multipath. If I do vgdisplay vg01, I see it is using 1 PV: /dev/dm-13 If I type multipath -ll I see dm-9, dm-10, dm-11, dm-12, but do not see dm-13. Is my vg01 multipathed? How can I actually know for sure? Secondly, let's say this time vg01 says... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: keelba
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Verify if filename exists

Hi, I have a variable returned from Oracle SQL Function which holds file names. I would like to test if all the file names mentioned in the string exists in a directory. If all the files exists print "exists", even if one file does not exists print "Does not exists". e.g. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pointers1234
3 Replies
GPE-QUESTION(1) 						   gpe-question 						   GPE-QUESTION(1)

NAME
gpe-question - GPE interface for asking questions from shell scripts. SYNOPSIS
gpe-question [---icon] name {--question "Question text"} {--buttons icon1:text1} [icon2:text2 ...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page was written for the Debian(TM) distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. gpe-question provides dialogues to raise a question within the GPE Palmtop Environment with cancel and ok buttons. OPTIONS
--question STRING The question to ask the user via the dialogue. --buttons type:label The type and label of the button(s) to be shown. Repeat for additional buttons. EXAMPLES
gpe-question "test" --question "Do you want to check first?" --buttons YES:yes NO:no AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> for the Debian(TM) system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. AUTHOR
Moray Allen Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007 Neil Williams Debian 1 January 16, 2007 GPE-QUESTION(1)