Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: linux colors
Operating Systems Linux linux colors Post 302088631 by BG_JrAdmin on Wednesday 13th of September 2006 03:03:18 PM
Old 09-13-2006
linux colors

what dog gone file is setting these colors! i dont see it in bashrc or bash_profile!! anyone know?

alias cp='cp -i'
alias l.='ls -d .* --color=tty'
alias ll='ls -l --color=tty'
alias ls='ls --color=tty'
alias mv='mv -i'
alias rm='rm -i'
alias vi='vim'
alias which='alias | /usr/bin/which --tty-only --read-alias --show-dot --show-tilde'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

xterm colors

I'm a new user to unix and I want to be able to pick and choose different xterm colors via 3rd botton menu. I'm currently pico'd into my .fvwm2rc file and this is what I have under my bottons: Please advise ############ # Button 1 #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blica777
2 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

colors

Hello, I am somewhat new to linux. I just installed Red Hat 7.2 and when I try to load gnome or KDE in colors above 8bit it will kind of lock up and display some wierd scrambled cable look. I have an ATI Radeon 7000. I check out my monitor settings they are fine. Is it the graphics card? I set my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sage3k
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Console colors

Guys i used to the black background in BSD, now im using Sun Solairs, how can i change the background and font colors in console ?, i heard about setterm but i didnt get the right syntax, any ideas ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Directory colors

Hey guys, When I used a Solaris box way back I had directory, file , symbolic link colors, etc... I can't seem to find the .dircolors file and how i set it up for bash on Solaris... anyone remember how to do it? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Colors

Is there a way with the bourne shell to have different types of files show up a different color when you do ls? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: resullivan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

using colors in mailx

I want to use notify_fail () { echo " " >> ${MSG} echo " Script failed n">> ${MSG} cat ${MSG}|mailx -s "t1.ksh Success: "name@domain.com" exit 1 } I want script failed to show in Red or different colors in the email that i sent to name@domain.com I serached several sites and also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: konark
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Terminal colors

Hi, is there a way to change the colors used in ls --color=always? I tried to define LSCOLOR and CLICOLOR but it doesn't work! Bye... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TShirt
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

Vim colors in HP-UX

I am using xterm on my HP-UX system (11i). Color is working in xtrem, i can see that with the -color option on ls. When I use vim's syntax high lighting, instead of colors, it uses underline and bold (which looks horrible). I added the following if &term =~ "xterm" if has("terminfo") ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kheisler
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Colors not being Interpreted

Hello, I am having an issue with ANSI colors in Redhat linux. I am running a script where the colours have been set very early on as follows: # Reset Color_Off='\033 Later in the script these are used to color define sections of output by reffering to them using: ${White} blah blah blah... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pedro72
4 Replies

10. Programming

Ncurses colors

I am using ncurses to develop a user interface. Perhaps I should be using something else, but I am reasonably comfortable with ncurses and don't really want to climb another learning curve at this time. One problem I have dealt with for many years is ncurses' colors. I have simply been... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: BillLee
23 Replies
alias(4)							   File Formats 							  alias(4)

NAME
alias - alias table file of encoding names SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/iconv/alias DESCRIPTION
This file contains the alias table of encoding names for iconv_open(3C). The format of the alias table is as follows: "%s %s ", <variant encoding name>, <canonical encoding name> The string specified for the variant encoding name is case-insensitive. A line beginning with '#' is treated as a comment. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
iconv(3C), iconv_close(3C), iconv_open(3C), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 2 Oct 2001 alias(4)