Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Installing man pages on Solaris 10 Post 302087938 by rjw on Thursday 7th of September 2006 09:40:24 AM
Old 09-07-2006
Great, thanks.

Is it common practice to install the contents on the installation CDs to the HDD? If so, where (and is it just the Products or the entire CD hierarchy)?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing new man pages

I am having problems installing new man pages on a FreeBSD 3.3 system. They are the man entrys for a new software that I have installed and I would like them to be searchable from man. I have run Make whatis and tried to adjust the manpath.config. I also have played with catman but I think the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jwatson1000
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

Hi, I've written now a man pages, but I don't knwo how to get 'man' to view them. Where have I to put this files, which directories are allowed?? THX Bensky (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bensky
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HOWTO: Installing man-pages

Can someone tell me howto install the man-pages on a AIX 4.3 machine? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: postmaster
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

Hi folks, I want to know all the commands for which man pages are available. How do i get it? Cheers, Nisha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nisha
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 man pages

Hi there, Ive just installed Solaris 10 from DVD and when trying to access the man pages, I get this # man ls No manual entry for ls. so I set MANPATH to /usr/share/man where all the man pages seem to be located, and i get the same result !!! Is there something else I have to do, ie... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Man pages on Solaris 10

Hi, I want to install man pages package from solaris 10. Solaris 10 has already been installed on my servor but I have to add the man pages packages. I search for a long time on internet this package but I didn't find a compatible one... So I downloaded Solaris 10 from Sun site to get this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MasterapocA
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris man pages online

Anybody found where Oracle have hidden the Solaris 10 "man" pages in their new website? My saved links don't work any more. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: methyl
2 Replies

8. Solaris

MAN PAGES

Hi everyone, I have a small query, in solaris the man pages get displayed on half of the terminal , can i get a full terminal or full screen display ?:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: M.Choudhury
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gcc man pages not found under Solaris 10

Hi friends, When I try to see the man pages of gcc, man gcc I see No manual entry for gcc. Could you help me please. I am running solaris 10 Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 11 man pages won't show on CLI

Hello guys, I am a newbie. Just freshly installed Solaris 11. When I try to type for example root@t1000:~# man zpool It says bash: man: command not found. It used to show manual pages before installation. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nazimbilir
5 Replies
setup(1)						      Easy Software Products							  setup(1)

NAME
setup - graphical setup program for the esp package manager SYNOPSIS
setup [ directory ] DESCRIPTION
setup provides a graphical installation interface for EPM-generated portable installation packages. It presents a step-by-step dialog for collecting a list of packages to install and accepting any license agreements for those packages. setup searches for products in the current directory or the directory specified on the command-line. INSTALLATION TYPES
The default type of installation is "custom". That is, users will be able to select from the list of products and install them. setup also supports other types of installations. The setup.types file, if present, defines the other installation types. SEE ALSO
epm(1) - create software packages. setup.types(5) - epm gui setup types file format. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1999-2007 by Easy Software Products, All Rights Reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. 3 April 2006 ESP Package Manager setup(1)