Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: snmpd modification problem
Operating Systems AIX snmpd modification problem Post 302087840 by grial on Wednesday 6th of September 2006 06:54:09 AM
Old 09-06-2006
Helo.
Take into account that in AIX, the default SNMP version used is 3 (which allows other sorts of auth). You have to change to version 1 of SNMP for those changes to take effect.
To do this, give:
Code:
snmpv3_ssw -1

as root.

I hope this helps.

Regards.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

snmpd daemon error

Good day I always find these error messages on /var/adm/messages it appear every 15 mn , does any body know how to stop these messages without stopping the daemon , i tried to restart the daemon by uising Kill -HUP 332 please find below the error messages that appear always in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itsgeorge
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mrtg+snmpd count traffic

i just wonder how to count total traffic and traffic on specified ports (e.g. 192.168.0.1:139 and etc.. ). How can it be done? (FreeBSD 6.2 i386) Thx. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hachik
5 Replies

3. Linux

Snmpd

Hello to all. For setting my MRTG i want get snmp-info with LAN interface eth0 but information about snmpd daemon very small :( (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
0 Replies

4. Solaris

snmpd manager question

Solaris 8 I have a question about snmpd. My software is running on one box. This box has 2 snmp managers. Is it possible to configure snmpd on my software box such that only one of the managers can perform snmpsets? I want my *redundant* snmp manager only to be able receive traps and do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jalburger
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

SNMPD: need a little help.

Hi there all, I am running here an HP UX 11i v1. I got snmpd running here now. But how do I configure it so it also shows the HD's and swap and RAM's? So I can get the info back to Solarwinds Orion? All I get now is network card status. I want as many info as posible.. Thanx and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: draco
0 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

AIX - snmpd version

Hi, I have a P595 server with AIX 5.3 and i need to know what version of snmpd i use on this: Example: On solaris i use Net-snmpd 5.4.2.1 (netsnmp-5.4.2.1-sol9-sparc-local) because i can see the package. How can i see what snmpd package is installed on the AIX? Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anonymouzz
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File modification problem

Hi, I have a file input.txt. cat input.txt output is as follows : I want the output looking like: cat output.txt I have a script. cat input.txt | tr -d '\n' | sed 's/\("name"\)/\1\n/g' > output.txt here I have to check "name" string and then enter newline. But I want the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
10 Replies

8. AIX

Disable snmpd for good

Hi everyone, I am struggling with something that I thought it would be really easy. I want to disable snmpd, but every time y reboot my server, it starts again. I've commented it out on the rc.tcpip file, but still it starts automatically. # Start up the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Janpol
4 Replies

9. AIX

ASK SNMPD configuration software monitoring

Hi, How to create new SNMP at aix configuration? Can your share in this the step by step.. regards, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: williamen
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Snmpd dying on centos7.1

Hello All, SNMPD dying after 2 mins once it started. Here is the configuration Oct 12 04:43:00 localhost systemd: Starting Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Daemon.... Oct 12 04:43:00 localhost snmpd: dlopen failed: /usr/lib64/libcmaX64.so: cannot open shared object file: No such... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shekar777
1 Replies
Info::Layer3::Timetra(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Info::Layer3::Timetra(3pm)

NAME
SNMP::Info::Layer3::Timetra - SNMP Interface to Alcatel-Lucent SR AUTHOR
Bill Fenner SYNOPSIS
# Let SNMP::Info determine the correct subclass for you. my $alu = new SNMP::Info( AutoSpecify => 1, Debug => 1, # These arguments are passed directly to SNMP::Session DestHost => 'myswitch', Community => 'public', Version => 2 ) or die "Can't connect to DestHost. "; my $class = $alu->class(); print "SNMP::Info determined this device to fall under subclass : $class "; DESCRIPTION
Subclass for Alcatel-Lucent Service Routers Inherited Classes SNMP::Info::Layer3 Required MIBs TIMETRA-GLOBAL-MIB Inherited Classes' MIBs See "Required MIBs" in SNMP::Info::Layer3 for its own MIB requirements. GLOBALS
These are methods that return scalar value from SNMP $alu->vendor() Returns 'alcatel-lucent' $alu->os() Returns 'TiMOS' $alu->os_ver() Grabs the version string from "sysDescr". $alu->model() Tries to reference $alu->id() to one of the product MIBs listed above Removes 'tmnxModel' from the name for readability. Globals imported from SNMP::Info::Layer3 See documentation in "GLOBALS" in SNMP::Info::Layer3 for details. TABLE METHODS
These are methods that return tables of information in the form of a reference to a hash. $alu->interfaces() Returns "ifName", since the default Layer3 "ifDescr" varies based upon the transceiver inserted. Table Methods imported from SNMP::Info::Layer3 See documentation in "TABLE METHODS" in SNMP::Info::Layer3 for details. perl v5.12.4 2011-09-28 Info::Layer3::Timetra(3pm)