Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: tracking user action
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users tracking user action Post 302087735 by xitrum on Tuesday 5th of September 2006 11:08:58 AM
Old 09-05-2006
tracking user action

Hi,

we are using solaris8. we have some files disappear. I would like to know how to track who and when the files was remove ???
thanks,

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

action command

Hi.. When i refered the script /etc/rc.sysinit... i found the "action commands" like But this is not working in my shells.. the following error is coming... Please anybody help Thanks in advance esham (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: esham
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command Tracking

Hi, OS: Solaris9, SPARC Is there any way I can track the commands run by users from the shell prompt? Example: Somebody is deleting files from the system. Who it is is a mystery. That person obviously does not use bash prompt so there is no history. Is there anyway I can find out who... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahatma
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tracking user

dear all, I'm facing problem that is i have noticed from few days back that some body is deleting and making changes in the file from developement server where i'm working(in unix) so i want to track that who is using the server, what performancr they are doing and each every thing which r... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: panknil
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tracking down the problem

Is there a way to track down what process is sending to a certain port? I have some thing pounding the network with requests to a multicast IP that doesn't exist. I have shut down all comms related processes and yet it is still there. Need a way to track the port or IP back to the process. Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattmanuel
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tracking user access

Hi, An important file in my solaris server has been deleted. Is there any way that i can find out when was that file deleted and what user account was used to delete the file.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saharookiedba
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Tracking Process to a particular

I've tried to see what I can find on my own but I'm coming up with goose eggs. Basically I was wondering if there was a way of querying the scheduler (or something similar) to track a process back to a particular CPU it's executing on at the time of the command. ps has a "cpu" output option but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thmnetwork
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple action!

lets explain it easy by showing the initial file and desired file: I've a file such this that contains: initial_file: 31/12/2011 23:46:08 38.6762 43.689 14.16 Ml 3.1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oreka18
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

Tracking what commands were executed after sudo to another user

All team members has sudo access to user "batch55". Need to track all the commands used by team members after sudo to "batch55". Using HP-UX and ksh shell in our environment. How can i acheive this? Thanks In Advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatababu
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i TRAP a user Logout action?

When the temp user logs in i see his session as below. # who root pts/0 2017-08-18 08:32 (121.87.51.113) temp pts/1 2017-08-18 09:06 (121.87.51.113) root pts/2 2017-08-18 08:59 (121.87.51.113) When he logs out by either firing exit command or closing the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
GFRM(1) 																   GFRM(1)

NAME
gfrm - remove Gfarm files, directories, or file replicas SYNOPSIS
gfrm [ -frRnqv ] [ -I file-section ] [ -h filesystem-node ] [ -D domain-name ] [ -H hostfile ] [ -N num-of-replicas ] [ -j num-of-threads ] gfarm-URL ... DESCRIPTION
gfrm removes each specified file. It does not remove directories unless the -r or -R option is specified. '.' or '..' cannot be removed. When the -I option is specified, gfrm removes the specified file section. File section is an architecture name for executable files, or a fragment index for a regular file. With the -h, -D, or -H option, gfrm removes file replicas of each specified file or file section on the specified filesystem node(s). All file replicas of a file cannot be removed, unless the -f option is specified. OPTIONS
-f Even when all file replicas are specified by the -h, -D, or -H option, forcibly deletes all the file replica. In this case, the specified file will be deleted. -j num-of-threads Specifies the number of threads to delete file replicas simultaneously. This option is only available when gfrm is compiled by an OpenMP C compiler. -n Prints file names to be deleted, but does not delete them. -q Does not print any verbose message. -r, -R Removes all entries under the directories specified by the command-line argument recursively. -v Prints verbose messages. -h filesystem-node Specifies a filesystem node from which file replicas will be removed. With the -I option, a file replica of the specified file sec- tion will be removed. -D domain-name Specifies a domain name of filesystem nodes on which file replicas will be removed. With the -I option, a file replica of the spec- ified file section will be removed. -H hostfile Specifies a hostfile that lists filesystem nodes on which file replicas will be removed. With the -I option, a file replica of the specified file section will be removed. if ``-'' is specified, standard input is used to read the host list. -I file-section Specifies the file section to be removed. File section is an architecture name, such as sparc-sun-solaris8, for executable files, and a fragment index for regular files. -N num-of-replicas Specifies the maximum number of file replicas. If files has more number of file replicas than specified, reduce the number of file replicas. -? Displays a list of command options. Gfarm 13 November 2006 GFRM(1)