Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shellscript.query Oracle table..populate in a text file Post 302087634 by Raom on Monday 4th of September 2006 06:06:37 AM
Old 09-04-2006
sqlplus -s user/pwd@host<<eof>urfile
set serveroutput on feedback off linesize 1000 pagesize 0;
select * from table where rownum<5;
EXIT;
eof

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

load a data from text file into a oracle table

Hi all, I have a data like, 0,R001,2,D this wants to be loaded into a oracle database table. Pl let me know how this has to be done. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raji35
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shellscript to find a line in between a particular set of lines of a text file

i have a file a.txt and following is only one portion. I want to search <branch value="/dev36/AREA/" include="yes"></branch> present in between <template_file name="Approve External" path="core/approve/bin" and </template_file> where the no of lines containing "<branch value= " is increasing ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shellscript to sort duplicate files listed in a text file

I have many pdf's scattered across 4 machines. There is 1 location where I have other Pdf's maintained. But the issues it the 4 machines may have duplicate pdf's among themselves, but I want just 1 copy of each so that they can be transfered to that 1 location. What I have thought is: 1) I have... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaddevil
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to query Oracle table

Hi, unix gurnis I need help for following requirement for writing a shell scritp. log in to oracle database, query one table total records (select count(*) from table1), pass the return value to a file. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

mysql query in shellscript

Hi, I want to access mysql query from database , for that i have tried the below code #! /bin/bash TABLE_NAME=database1 USER_NAME=root IP_ADDR=111.20.9.256 somevar=`echo "select altid from alert where altid='2724'"| mysql -h $IP_ADDR -u $USER_NAME $TABLE_NAME ` echo $somevar ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aish11
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

mysql query in shellscript

Hi, I want to run below query on shellscript but having one problm. ADV=$( mysql -h "$IP_ADDR" -u "$USER_NAME" "$TABLE_NAME" -BNe" SELECT ADV FROM indata where inid='$INSTRUID' and Date='$latest Date';" ) here Date column contans different below dates 2011-12-01... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

shellscript to read data from txt file and import to oracle db

Hi all, Help needed urgently. I am currently writing a shellscript to read data/record from a flat file (.txt) file, and import/upload the data to oracle database. The script is working fine, but it takes too long time (for 18000 records, it takes around 90 mins). I guess it takes so long... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robot_mas
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can i populate the record in to table using shell scripting?

LOG_DIR=/app/rpx/jobs/scripts/just/logs sendEmail() { pzCType="$1"; pzTitle="$2"; pzMsg="$3"; pzFrom="$4"; pzTo="$5"; pzFiles="$6"; pzReplyTo="$7" ( echo "From: $pzFrom\nTo: $pzTo\nSubject: $pzTitle${pzReplyTo:+\nReply-To: $pzReplyTo}" ] && echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankit.mca.aaidu
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert one table and update another with shellscript

I have a problem with my shell script. I want to insert data from file to table1(empty) and then, compare table1 with table2 and update some fields. The first part is correct, but the second part does not work. The only way it works is if after the first part I truncate table1 and run the script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nika_mill
1 Replies
DBIx::Class::SQLMaker::OracleJoins(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		     DBIx::Class::SQLMaker::OracleJoins(3)

NAME
DBIx::Class::SQLMaker::OracleJoins - Pre-ANSI Joins-via-Where-Clause Syntax PURPOSE
This module is used with Oracle < 9.0 due to lack of support for standard ANSI join syntax. SYNOPSIS
Not intended for use directly; used as the sql_maker_class for schemas and components. DESCRIPTION
Implements pre-ANSI joins specified in the where clause. Instead of: SELECT x FROM y JOIN z ON y.id = z.id It will write: SELECT x FROM y, z WHERE y.id = z.id It should properly support left joins, and right joins. Full outer joins are not possible due to the fact that Oracle requires the entire query be written to union the results of a left and right join, and by the time this module is called to create the where query and table definition part of the sql query, it's already too late. METHODS
select Overrides DBIx::Class::SQLMaker's select() method, which calls _oracle_joins() to modify the column and table list before calling next::method(). BUGS
Does not support full outer joins (however neither really does DBIC itself) SEE ALSO
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins - Storage class using this DBIx::Class::SQLMaker - Parent module DBIx::Class - Duh AUTHOR
Justin Wheeler "<jwheeler@datademons.com>" CONTRIBUTORS
David Jack Olrik "<djo@cpan.org>" LICENSE
This module is licensed under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-22 DBIx::Class::SQLMaker::OracleJoins(3)