Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: procmail code help
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers procmail code help Post 302087297 by Hexabah on Wednesday 30th of August 2006 10:05:24 PM
Old 08-30-2006
procmail code help

Hello,

I was wondering if my code is correct on a procmail recipe I am trying to use. I am trying to set up custom filter for for my email address. What needs to happen is any email NOT addressed to me in the to: or cc: field is deleted.

For the time being it is set it up to go to another folder instead of deleting only for testing purposes to make sure it is functioning correctly.

This is what I have

:0
* ! to:.*myemail@domain\.com.*
testdir/

Does this seem correct for what I want it to do?

Thanks,
DD

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Procmail Tutorial

Hello, Somebody knows a good procmail tutorial in the net? Thanks!:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: luiz_fer10
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Procmail filter

Hello, I want to make a filter with procmail, using the day of the week ant the hour to filter the message. If the day is Tuesday, the message is redirected to one address. On the other days, the message goes to another address. The messages will be redirected at 8 am to 17 pm. I tried... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: luiz_fer10
1 Replies

3. Email Antispam Techniques and Email Filtering

help requested: procmail receipes

Hello all. I want some help procmail receipe. I tried to get some mails' sender and receiptient. Then tried to send them a bash script. But it didnot work. I try a lot of variation of the below receipe. Could anyone can help what is wrong on my receipe? Or if the recepie is correct what can be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedi
0 Replies

4. Email Antispam Techniques and Email Filtering

procmail rule

I can tell this is not a recently active formum, but here goes, "why doesn't this procmail rule block messages with víagra or v1agra appearing in the subject header :0 * ^Subject:.*(víagra¦v1agra¦pénis¦prescripti0n¦Medicati0n¦M0rtgage¦Xanaxz) { LOG="(THE 7 DIRTY WORDS) " :0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jones
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

using procmail to filter content

Hi i would like to find out how can i write a procmail rule to filter based on the email content.i was unable to locate any similar threads that does filtering based on the content.would appreciate any pointers. thanks:0 * ^From: Machine1 <machine1@aaa.com> # i will have a string "machine1.log"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2ss
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Procmail script

Hi, I need to write a procmail script such that: - incoming email is scanned to see if it is spam - if spam deliver to spam folder - otherwise deliver to inbox and send a copy to another address. So far I have: :0 * ^Subject:.*SPULK DUMB I can make a new recipe on to forward mail... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Procmail or Spamassassin?

Hello, this is my first visit to your forum and I've searched previous threads for my answer but have not been able to find one. Apologies if there is one that I didn't discover. Is there a way of bouncing or deleting spam that contains non-existent addresses in TO: field but is delivered due... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: WendyTinley
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a few questions about procmail

Hello, I am running a email server on Centos 5.3 (dovecot, postfix, with emails for a few domains) and I am wondering whether I am using procmail or not. I know procmail is installed because procmail -version returns: Locking strategies: dotlocking, fcntl() Default rcfile: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JCR
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Procmail

Hi, I have a few questions. I am new to UNIX/Linux. At work I notice that our mail server uses sendmail. When I looked in the sendmail.cf file I see that it is using PROCMAIL as the Local Delivery Agent. Questions:- I looked for /etc/procmail to see its configuration file but I see none.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Procmail and infinite loop

I wanted to copy (not forward but copy) all incoming email to another address of mine. It worked, but now I encountered an infinite loop problem: When the second address doesn't like the content and bounces the message back, the bounce message will be sent back and forth. So, what I have in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: distill
1 Replies
GPGMAILTUNL(1p) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   GPGMAILTUNL(1p)

NAME
gpgmailtunl - Encrypts an email message into the body of another email. SYNOPSIS
gpgmailtunl [options] --encrypt | --decrypt DESCRIPTION
gpgmailtunl is a filter program that either encrypts an email message using the Gnu Privacy Guard and sends it to another recipient or decrypt an email message and forwards unencrypted to another destination. It can be used to exchange emails across an open network betweeen two trusted systems. TYPICAL USAGE
This program is intended to run from program like procmail or sendmail to create an email tunnel between two systems. Of course this is not as secure as using gpg as an end user program, it may be convenient in certain case. ENCRYPTION
To encapsulates an email within another you pipe the message to gpgmailtunl. OPTIONS GetOptions( \%opt, "encrypt", "decrypt", "sign", "secret-file=s", "from=s", "to=s", "subject=s", "homedir=s", "local-user=s", "recipient=s", ) or usage; to This is the address to which the encrypted message will be sent. This is the only required fields. recipient This sets the keyid that will be used to encrypt the outgoing message. If unset, gpgmailtunl will try to find a key matching the to option. subject Sets the subject of the outgoing message. This defaults to "Encrypted mail". from Sets the From header line of the outgoing message which will contains the encrypted one. sendmail will provides a default one if this is not set. sign If this option is used, the outgoing message will be signed. In this case you should probably use to local-user and secret-file options. secret-file File from which the secret to unlock the private used to sign the message can be read. local-user The keyid of the user that should sign the outgoing message. The default user will be used if not specified. homedir Sets an alternate gpg home directory. (This is where the keyrings are stored.) DECRYPTION
To extract an email to be forwarded to the final user you pipe the encrypted email to gpgmailtunl using the decrypt switch. Once decrypted, the encapsulated email message will be sent to the original destinator of the message. OPTIONS homedir Sets an alternate gpg home directory. (This is where the keyrings are stored.) secret-file File from which the secret to unlock the private used to decrypt the message can be read. AUTHOR
Francis J. Lacoste <francis.lacoste@iNsu.COM> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1999, 2000 iNsu Innovations Inc. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. SEE ALSO
gpg(1) gpgmailtunl(1) GnuPG(3) perl v5.14.2 2011-11-22 GPGMAILTUNL(1p)