Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Gentoo I want to learn & understand all abt LINUX Post 302086819 by Irish Jimmy on Sunday 27th of August 2006 10:12:42 PM
Old 08-27-2006
Computer

Go to www.linux.org and click on corses!

Last edited by reborg; 08-28-2006 at 12:38 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

How and where to learn Linux?

I'd like to pass some exames to get certificates for Linux. Can someone advice me how to do it "on distance" and self studie? thanks! d. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: diamond
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

I want to Learn Linux ?

dear friends I am new in linux and i want to learn linux in dos-mode (note in gui mode). Plz if you have any valuable link plz send me . i will really thankful for this anticipation. irfan ahmad (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itlhr@pharmax.c
4 Replies

3. Fedora

Is it better to learn Linux before unix?

I want to learn (unix solaris), but someone advised me to learn (Linux fedora) before trying (unix solaris) and that they are almost the same.. So shall I go with his advise or is it better to start learning unix directly? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: proud
1 Replies

4. Programming

Learn C on Linux

i am a newbie of linux, and not good at C, now i want to learn C again, i have installed the linux system debian, but i don't know which text editor i should use. when i use the default nano, the sad thing is i can't exit the editor using the command ctrl+x. any tips would be appreciated (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: runeveryday
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

i am new to linux. and i want to learn linux eagerly.

hey guys, i am hoping some hope. I am using linux very late. i am a pc user since last 6 years. but now , i found that its interesting. i want to learn it from the bottom of my heart, i am kind of addicted to it. can you guys tell me how to make it more interesting and more easy? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahuldbest
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Learning abt Linux OS

hi guys, i got job recently in a company which provide a product for data backup and data recovery... as dis product is wrriten in c++ am workin in c++.. now am under training and i want to learn abt Operating System concepts and OS programming using c and c++. i know basic c and c++ programming... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil.march
0 Replies

7. Fedora

Which is the better platform to learn UNIX/Linux (Kali Linux Vs. Red Hat or other)?

I just started a new semester and I started my UNIX class yesterday. I've already decided to use python along with my learning process but what I really want to use with it is Kali as my UNIX/Linux platform to learn off of since I already wanted to learn Cyber Sec. anyways. I just wanted to know if... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ApacheOmega
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Best way to learn Linux

I have some familiarity with Linux, but I want to start learning it, in more detail, now. I will install something like VirtualBox from Oracle, with Centos, as distro, I think. I've been already testing something like this, end I ended up picking Centos for this. I have some time that I can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AdultFoundry
2 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Xalan & Xerces issues for Oracle Linux 6.6 & Solarisstudio12.3 C++ compiler for Linux

Hi Team, I am facing issue while using Xalan & Xerces for my application. Below are my environment details i am using :- Platform:- Oracle Linux 6.6 Compiler :- solarisstudio12.3 C++ compiler for Linux Below are the versions of Xalan & Xerces source code used to build the shared object... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: agrachirag
0 Replies
LINUX(4)                                                   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual                                                   LINUX(4)

NAME
linux -- Linux ABI support SYNOPSIS
To compile support for this ABI into an i386 kernel place the following line in your kernel configuration file: options COMPAT_LINUX for an amd64 kernel use: options COMPAT_LINUX32 Alternatively, to load the ABI as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): linux_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The linux module provides limited Linux ABI (application binary interface) compatibility for userland applications. The module provides the following significant facilities: o An image activator for correctly branded elf(5) executable images o Special signal handling for activated images o Linux to native system call translation It is important to note that the Linux ABI support it not provided through an emulator. Rather, a true (albeit limited) ABI implementation is provided. The following sysctl(8) tunable variables are available: compat.linux.osname Linux kernel operating system name. compat.linux.osrelease Linux kernel operating system release. Changing this to something else is discouraged on non-development systems, because it may change the way Linux programs work. Recent versions of GNU libc are known to use different syscalls depending on the value of this sysctl. compat.linux.oss_version Linux Open Sound System version. The linux module can be linked into the kernel statically with the COMPAT_LINUX kernel configuration option or loaded as required. The fol- lowing command will load the module if it is neither linked into the kernel nor already loaded as a module: if ! kldstat -v | grep -E 'linux(aout|elf)' > /dev/null; then kldload linux > /dev/null 2>&1 fi Note that dynamically linked Linux executables will require a suitable environment in /compat/linux. Specifically, the Linux run-time linker's hints files should be correctly initialized. For this reason, it is common to execute the following commands to prepare the system to correctly run Linux executables: if [ -x /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig ]; then /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig -r /compat/linux fi For information on loading the linux kernel loadable module automatically on system startup, see rc.conf(5). This information applies regardless of whether the linux module is statically linked into the kernel or loaded as a module. FILES
/compat/linux minimal Linux run-time environment /compat/linux/proc limited Linux process file system /compat/linux/sys limited Linux system file system SEE ALSO
brandelf(1), elf(5), linprocfs(5), linsysfs(5) HISTORY
Linux ABI support first appeared in FreeBSD 2.1. BSD February 8, 2010 BSD