Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Thread was closed without a valid reason Post 302086435 by patras on Thursday 24th of August 2006 12:45:37 AM
Old 08-24-2006
Quote:
That thread was dancing very close to the boundary between acceptable and unacceptable. You already know this. Your first sentence was: "I hope this type of questions are not prohibited here."
So my first sentence makes my thread unacceptable? I'm sorry to say that still you don't have any valid reason to close that particular thread, my first sentence was there to ensure that I care for the rules being practiced at these forums and I would be more than happy if someone gives me a valid reason and closes that thread, I dont have any doubt about the performance or credibility of Vino, he is really doing a very good job here as well as you Perderabo, but my question is the same, is career advice or to ask about the opinion of seniors is prohibited here.

Thanks a lot for your valuable time.

Cheers,
Patras

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

please help (closed homework thread)

I have these questions for my unix class that I can't figure out because I missed a couple of days. They are for a quiz we took last week so by answering the questions you are not bettering my grade or doing my homework. I just want to understand was the answers. My teacher is really bad at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: djeung
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

my thread got closed

I had a thread open and now it says it's closed. I had a question still on the forum and about 15mins after I posted my most recent question on it the thread said "closed". Why did this happen? I didn't violate any forum rules. Is there a limit on how many postings you can have in a single thread?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hpicracing
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Need to know reason for connections closed in netstat -p tcp

Hello netstat -p give below 6634176 connections as closed.How do we trace that which all connections are being closed on the server? 1366888371 data packet headers correctly predicted 1195906 connection requests 5227320 connection accepts 5992919... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
6 Replies
pthread_getsequence_np(3)				     Library Functions Manual					 pthread_getsequence_np(3)

NAME
pthread_getsequence_np - Obtains the unique identifier for the specified thread. LIBRARY
DECthreads POSIX 1003.1c Library (libpthread.so) SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> unsigned long pthread_getsequence_np( pthread_t thread); STANDARDS
None PARAMETERS
Thread object whose sequence number is to be obtained. DESCRIPTION
This routine obtains and returns the DECthreads thread sequence number for the thread identified by the thread object specified in the thread argument. The thread sequence number provides a unique identifier for each existing thread. A thread's thread sequence number is never reused while the thread exists, but can be reused after the thread terminates. The debugger interfaces use this sequence number to identify each thread in commands and in display output. The result of calling this routine is undefined if the thread argument does not specify a valid thread object. RETURN VALUES
No errors are returned. This routine returns the DECthreads thread sequence number for the thread identified by the thread object speci- fied in the thread argument. The result of calling this routine is undefined if the thread argument does not specify a valid thread. ERRORS
None RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: pthread_create(3), pthread_self(3) Manuals: Guide to DECthreads and Programmer's Guide delim off pthread_getsequence_np(3)