Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to find a word repeated in a file Post 302086238 by apoorvasharma80 on Wednesday 23rd of August 2006 06:34:16 AM
Old 08-23-2006
Hi,

try searching ...I think this has been answered previously.

regards
Apoorva kumar

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find a word in a file, and change a word beneath it ??

Hi all, I have a file with lines written somewhat like this. aaaa ccc aa linux browse = no xssxw cdcedc dcsdcd csdw police dwed dwd browse = no cdecec (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas027
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a count of a word within a file

Hello, I'm looking for a wait to count the number of occurrences of a certain string of characters within a file. The file that I trying to parce has segments within the file that have a header and footer to each segment and I'm trying to do a count of the header string and compare it to a count... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bd_joy
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete repeated word in text file

Hi expert, I am using C shell. And i trying to delete repeated word. Example file.txt: BLUE YELLOW RED VIOLET RED RED BLUE WHITE YELLOW BLACK and i wan store the output into a new file: BLUE (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vincyoxy
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find the repeated name in subject

Hi, I am using a mail application, When I use to check with the command, I will get the outputs as q -s 6128175 (9, 9/6128175) Return-path: minka.bell@abcd.org From: "Minka Bell" <minka.bell@abcd.org> To: <dcrouch@xyz.org>, Subject: Open items with new PICT system Date: Wed,... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find a word in a file, plus the next 6 characters?

I plan to use sed in a script to replace a string. My problem is the last 6 characters of the word to be replaced can be different each time, plus it's not always in the same spot on the line so I can't use cut or nawk to get the field. So I am looking for a way to find a certain word in a file,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikayla73
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find repeated string in a text file

I have a text file where I need to find the string = ST*850* This string is repetaed several times in the file, so I need to know how many times it appears in the file, this is the text files: ISA*00* *00* *08*925485USNR *ZZ*IMSALADDERSP... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: cucosss
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a particular word from a file

Hello Experts, I have to count the word like "RESULT_CODE: : -6" from the multiple files names like req.result_2_vqx-71144750.log for a particular date. Lets suppose the date is 10 OCT 2011. How I can do it with a single command in Solaris environment. Reagrds Oracle User (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Oracle_User
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find EXACT word in files, just the word: no prefix, no suffix, no 'similar', just the word

I have a file that has the words I want to find in other files (but lets say I just want to find my words in a single file). Those words are IDs, so if my word is ZZZ4, outputs like aaZZZ4, ZZZ4bb, aaZZZ4bb, ZZ4, ZZZ, ZyZ4, ZZZ4.8 (or anything like that) WON'T BE USEFUL. I need the whole word... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chicchan
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find repeated word and take sum of the second field to it ,for all the repeated words in awk

Hi below is the input file, i need to find repeated words and sum up the values of it which is second field from the repeated work.Im trying but getting no where close to it.Kindly give me a hint on how to go about it Input fruits,apple,20,fruits,mango,20,veg,carrot,12,veg,raddish,30... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk script to find repeated IP adress from trace file (.tr)

+ 8.00747 /NodeList/0/DeviceList/0/$ns3::PointToPointNetDevice/TxQueue/Enqueue ns3::PppHeader (Point-to-Point Protocol: IP (0x0021)) ns3::Ipv4Header (tos 0x0 DSCP Default ECN Not-ECT ttl 63 id 0 protocol 17 offset (bytes) 0 flags length: 540 10.1.3.3 > 10.1.2.4) ns3::UdpHeader (length: 520 49153 >... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nipa
11 Replies
E2UNDO(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 E2UNDO(8)

NAME
e2undo - Replay an undo log for an ext2/ext3/ext4 filesystem SYNOPSIS
e2undo [ -f ] [ -h ] [ -n ] [ -o offset ] [ -v ] [ -z undo_file ] undo_log device DESCRIPTION
e2undo will replay the undo log undo_log for an ext2/ext3/ext4 filesystem found on device. This can be used to undo a failed operation by an e2fsprogs program. OPTIONS
-f Normally, e2undo will check the filesystem superblock to make sure the undo log matches with the filesystem on the device. If they do not match, e2undo will refuse to apply the undo log as a safety mechanism. The -f option disables this safety mechanism. -h Display a usage message. -n Dry-run; do not actually write blocks back to the filesystem. -o offset Specify the filesystem's offset (in bytes) from the beginning of the device or file. -v Report which block we're currently replaying. -z undo_file Before overwriting a file system block, write the old contents of the block to an undo file. This undo file can be used with e2undo(8) to restore the old contents of the file system should something go wrong. If the empty string is passed as the undo_file argument, the undo file will be written to a file named e2undo-device.e2undo in the directory specified via the E2FSPROGS_UNDO_DIR environment variable. WARNING: The undo file cannot be used to recover from a power or system crash. AUTHOR
e2undo was written by Aneesh Kumar K.V. (aneesh.kumar@linux.vnet.ibm.com) AVAILABILITY
e2undo is part of the e2fsprogs package and is available from http://e2fsprogs.sourceforge.net. SEE ALSO
mke2fs(8), tune2fs(8) E2fsprogs version 1.44.1 March 2018 E2UNDO(8)