Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cell arrangement
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Cell arrangement Post 302085940 by ranj@chn on Monday 21st of August 2006 09:25:48 AM
Old 08-21-2006
it works for me

I use HP-UX B.11.11 and the above code works. May be it could some quotes or some other character that is causing the issue.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text file arrangement

Dear UNIX experts: Hi, I have a text file which the contents are arranged vertically down, line by line. How do use a loop (I think) to make it arrange in vertical arrangement with a tab delimitated and write to a new file? Eg: of source file Hello World Good-day Thanks Welcome The... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: merry susana
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Data arrangement

I have these following data: Home Tom Member List 100 Yes 200 No Home Tom Member List 1 No 2 Yes Home Tome Member List 3 No 400 Yes I want my data to be consistants like this: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Data arrangement

10 2 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 20 3 2 1 3 2 9 8 2 1 Need the data to be arranged: 10 2 1 5 2 6 3 7 4 8 20 3 2 1 1 2 3 8 2 9 please help! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on file arrangement

Can anyone help me on this. I have a file that looks like this: color red green blue color pink yellow number one two gender male gender female The output would look like this: color red green blue pink yellow number one two gender male female I have over 5000 rows and i dont want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kharen11
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorting/arrangement problem

Hi, I have the following 'sorting' problem. Given the input file: a:b:c:12:x:k s:m:d:8:z:m a:b:c:1:x:k p:q:r:23:y:m a:b:c:3:x:k p:q:r:1:y:m the output I expect is: a:b:c:1:x:k p:q:r:1:y:m s:m:d:8:z:m What happened here is I grouped together lines having the same values for... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhishek Ghose
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Re-arrangement of data

Dear Frineds, I have a flat file as follows ABCD ABDCWQE POIERAS ADSGASGFG GHJKFHD XBDFGHFGDH POIU IJPFG AFGJFPGOU A;DGUPGU SFSDFDSDFHDSF SDFGHSFDH I want this column to be converted into row like follows ABCD, ABDCWQE, POIERAS, ADSGASGFG, GHJKFHD, XBDFGHFGDH (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to data re-arrangement problem

Input file <data id>="1">\ </data>\ <data id>="2">\ </data>\ <code>="1" target="2">\ </code>\ <data id>="1">\ </data>\ <data id>="2">\ </data>\ <code>="1" target="2">\ </code>\ <data id>="1">\ </data>\ <data id>="2">\ </data>\ <code>="1" target="2">\ </code>\ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp_beginner
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

directories and file arrangement in bash

im trying to write a script that will put files with different extensions into their specified directories In the directory are files of various types, i want to arrange the files on individual directories under their type. There are three distinct types of files: 1) Text documents - files with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elginmulizwa
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Data re-arrangement

Hi I have a huge problem to solve ASAP. Can someone please help!!! My format is arranged in this format: It has three columns. LOGIN ALIAS REC_ID A BB1 0 A ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mapilo
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retreive data with arrangement

Hi all I have following part of a big file TTDS00002 Synonyms M1 receptor TTDS00002 Disease Alzheimer's disease TTDS00002 Disease Bronchospasm (histamine induced) TTDS00002 Disease Cognitive deficits TTDS00002 Disease Schizophrenia TTDS00002 Function The muscarinic acetylcholine... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kareena
2 Replies
ARCHIVE_WRITE(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					  ARCHIVE_WRITE(3)

NAME
archive_write -- functions for creating archives LIBRARY
Streaming Archive Library (libarchive, -larchive) SYNOPSIS
#include <archive.h> DESCRIPTION
These functions provide a complete API for creating streaming archive files. The general process is to first create the struct archive object, set any desired options, initialize the archive, append entries, then close the archive and release all resources. Create archive object See archive_write_new(3). To write an archive, you must first obtain an initialized struct archive object from archive_write_new(). Enable filters and formats, configure block size and padding See archive_write_filter(3), archive_write_format(3) and archive_write_blocksize(3). You can then modify this object for the desired operations with the various archive_write_set_XXX() functions. In particular, you will need to invoke appropriate archive_write_add_XXX() and archive_write_set_XXX() functions to enable the corresponding compression and format sup- port. Set options See archive_read_set_options(3). Open archive See archive_write_open(3). Once you have prepared the struct archive object, you call archive_write_open() to actually open the archive and prepare it for writing. There are several variants of this function; the most basic expects you to provide pointers to several functions that can provide blocks of bytes from the archive. There are convenience forms that allow you to specify a filename, file descriptor, FILE * object, or a block of mem- ory from which to write the archive data. Produce archive See archive_write_header(3) and archive_write_data(3). Individual archive entries are written in a three-step process: You first initialize a struct archive_entry structure with information about the new entry. At a minimum, you should set the pathname of the entry and provide a struct stat with a valid st_mode field, which specifies the type of object and st_size field, which specifies the size of the data portion of the object. Release resources See archive_write_free(3). After all entries have been written, use the archive_write_free() function to release all resources. EXAMPLE
The following sketch illustrates basic usage of the library. In this example, the callback functions are simply wrappers around the standard open(2), write(2), and close(2) system calls. #ifdef __linux__ #define _FILE_OFFSET_BITS 64 #endif #include <sys/stat.h> #include <archive.h> #include <archive_entry.h> #include <fcntl.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <unistd.h> struct mydata { const char *name; int fd; }; int myopen(struct archive *a, void *client_data) { struct mydata *mydata = client_data; mydata->fd = open(mydata->name, O_WRONLY | O_CREAT, 0644); if (mydata->fd >= 0) return (ARCHIVE_OK); else return (ARCHIVE_FATAL); } ssize_t mywrite(struct archive *a, void *client_data, const void *buff, size_t n) { struct mydata *mydata = client_data; return (write(mydata->fd, buff, n)); } int myclose(struct archive *a, void *client_data) { struct mydata *mydata = client_data; if (mydata->fd > 0) close(mydata->fd); return (0); } void write_archive(const char *outname, const char **filename) { struct mydata *mydata = malloc(sizeof(struct mydata)); struct archive *a; struct archive_entry *entry; struct stat st; char buff[8192]; int len; int fd; a = archive_write_new(); mydata->name = outname; archive_write_add_filter_gzip(a); archive_write_set_format_ustar(a); archive_write_open(a, mydata, myopen, mywrite, myclose); while (*filename) { stat(*filename, &st); entry = archive_entry_new(); archive_entry_copy_stat(entry, &st); archive_entry_set_pathname(entry, *filename); archive_write_header(a, entry); if ((fd = open(*filename, O_RDONLY)) != -1) { len = read(fd, buff, sizeof(buff)); while ( len > 0 ) { archive_write_data(a, buff, len); len = read(fd, buff, sizeof(buff)); } close(fd); } archive_entry_free(entry); filename++; } archive_write_free(a); } int main(int argc, const char **argv) { const char *outname; argv++; outname = argv++; write_archive(outname, argv); return 0; } SEE ALSO
tar(1), libarchive(3), archive_write_set_options(3), cpio(5), mtree(5), tar(5) HISTORY
The libarchive library first appeared in FreeBSD 5.3. AUTHORS
The libarchive library was written by Tim Kientzle <kientzle@acm.org>. BUGS
There are many peculiar bugs in historic tar implementations that may cause certain programs to reject archives written by this library. For example, several historic implementations calculated header checksums incorrectly and will thus reject valid archives; GNU tar does not fully support pax interchange format; some old tar implementations required specific field terminations. The default pax interchange format eliminates most of the historic tar limitations and provides a generic key/value attribute facility for vendor-defined extensions. One oversight in POSIX is the failure to provide a standard attribute for large device numbers. This library uses ``SCHILY.devminor'' and ``SCHILY.devmajor'' for device numbers that exceed the range supported by the backwards-compatible ustar header. These keys are compatible with Joerg Schilling's star archiver. Other implementations may not recognize these keys and will thus be unable to correctly restore device nodes with large device numbers from archives created by this library. BSD
February 2, 2012 BSD