Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Data arrangement
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Data arrangement Post 302085589 by bobo on Friday 18th of August 2006 10:02:20 AM
Old 08-18-2006
No I do not.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text file arrangement

Dear UNIX experts: Hi, I have a text file which the contents are arranged vertically down, line by line. How do use a loop (I think) to make it arrange in vertical arrangement with a tab delimitated and write to a new file? Eg: of source file Hello World Good-day Thanks Welcome The... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: merry susana
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cell arrangement

I have a data file with hundreds of lines: I want to place a YES right below the line that say mydata....can someone please help! on the left is my the original data on the right the data format need to be: left > Right mydata > mydata yes > yesno > no mydata > mydata... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Data arrangement

10 2 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 20 3 2 1 3 2 9 8 2 1 Need the data to be arranged: 10 2 1 5 2 6 3 7 4 8 20 3 2 1 1 2 3 8 2 9 please help! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on file arrangement

Can anyone help me on this. I have a file that looks like this: color red green blue color pink yellow number one two gender male gender female The output would look like this: color red green blue pink yellow number one two gender male female I have over 5000 rows and i dont want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kharen11
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorting/arrangement problem

Hi, I have the following 'sorting' problem. Given the input file: a:b:c:12:x:k s:m:d:8:z:m a:b:c:1:x:k p:q:r:23:y:m a:b:c:3:x:k p:q:r:1:y:m the output I expect is: a:b:c:1:x:k p:q:r:1:y:m s:m:d:8:z:m What happened here is I grouped together lines having the same values for... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhishek Ghose
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Re-arrangement of data

Dear Frineds, I have a flat file as follows ABCD ABDCWQE POIERAS ADSGASGFG GHJKFHD XBDFGHFGDH POIU IJPFG AFGJFPGOU A;DGUPGU SFSDFDSDFHDSF SDFGHSFDH I want this column to be converted into row like follows ABCD, ABDCWQE, POIERAS, ADSGASGFG, GHJKFHD, XBDFGHFGDH (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to data re-arrangement problem

Input file <data id>="1">\ </data>\ <data id>="2">\ </data>\ <code>="1" target="2">\ </code>\ <data id>="1">\ </data>\ <data id>="2">\ </data>\ <code>="1" target="2">\ </code>\ <data id>="1">\ </data>\ <data id>="2">\ </data>\ <code>="1" target="2">\ </code>\ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp_beginner
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with data re-arrangement problem facing

Input file: <symbol>Q9Y8G1</symbol> <name>Q9Y8G1_EMENI</name> <symbol>Q6V953</symbol> <symbol>Q5B8K1</symbol> <name>Q6V953_EMENI</name> <symbol>G1A416</symbol> <name>G1A416_9FUNG</name> <symbol>D4N894</symbol> <name>D4N894_PLEER</name> <symbol>B0FFU4</symbol>... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp_beginner
13 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Data re-arrangement

Hi I have a huge problem to solve ASAP. Can someone please help!!! My format is arranged in this format: It has three columns. LOGIN ALIAS REC_ID A BB1 0 A ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mapilo
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retreive data with arrangement

Hi all I have following part of a big file TTDS00002 Synonyms M1 receptor TTDS00002 Disease Alzheimer's disease TTDS00002 Disease Bronchospasm (histamine induced) TTDS00002 Disease Cognitive deficits TTDS00002 Disease Schizophrenia TTDS00002 Function The muscarinic acetylcholine... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kareena
2 Replies
pam_mount(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      pam_mount(8)

NAME
pam_mount -- Home Folder Mounting PAM module SYNOPSIS
[service-name] function-class control-flag pam_mount [options] DESCRIPTION
The Home Folder Mounting PAM module supports the authentication and session management function classes. In terms of the function-class parameter, these are ``auth'' and ``session'' respectively. The Home Folder Mounting Authentication Module The Home Folder Mounting authentication module reads the mount authenticator from the PAM authentication context and caches it in the PAM environment. The Home Folder Mounting Session Management Module must be used in conjunction with this module to remove the authenticator from the PAM environment. The Home Folder Mounting Session Management Module The Home Folder Mounting session management module copies the mount authenticator from the PAM environment, removes it from the PAM environ- ment, and uses its copy to mount the user's home folder if the user's OpenDirectory record indicates that an AFP, SMB, NFS or FileVault home folder is to be used. When the session is closed, the Home Folder Mounting session management module unmounts the user's home folder if it was mounted by this mod- ule when the session was opened. SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam(8), DirectoryService(8) BSD
February 7, 2009 BSD