Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Data arrangement
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Data arrangement Post 302085511 by bobo on Thursday 17th of August 2006 04:53:17 PM
Old 08-17-2006
Data Data arrangement

I have these following data:

Home Tom
Member List
100 Yes
200 No

Home Tom
Member List
1 No
2 Yes

Home Tome
Member List
3 No
400 Yes

I want my data to be consistants like this:

Home Tom
100 Yes
200 No

Home Tom
2 Yes <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<yes move up 1 row
1 No

Home Tome
400 Yes <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Yes move up 1 row
3 No

Can someone help?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text file arrangement

Dear UNIX experts: Hi, I have a text file which the contents are arranged vertically down, line by line. How do use a loop (I think) to make it arrange in vertical arrangement with a tab delimitated and write to a new file? Eg: of source file Hello World Good-day Thanks Welcome The... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: merry susana
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cell arrangement

I have a data file with hundreds of lines: I want to place a YES right below the line that say mydata....can someone please help! on the left is my the original data on the right the data format need to be: left > Right mydata > mydata yes > yesno > no mydata > mydata... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Data arrangement

10 2 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 20 3 2 1 3 2 9 8 2 1 Need the data to be arranged: 10 2 1 5 2 6 3 7 4 8 20 3 2 1 1 2 3 8 2 9 please help! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on file arrangement

Can anyone help me on this. I have a file that looks like this: color red green blue color pink yellow number one two gender male gender female The output would look like this: color red green blue pink yellow number one two gender male female I have over 5000 rows and i dont want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kharen11
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorting/arrangement problem

Hi, I have the following 'sorting' problem. Given the input file: a:b:c:12:x:k s:m:d:8:z:m a:b:c:1:x:k p:q:r:23:y:m a:b:c:3:x:k p:q:r:1:y:m the output I expect is: a:b:c:1:x:k p:q:r:1:y:m s:m:d:8:z:m What happened here is I grouped together lines having the same values for... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhishek Ghose
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Re-arrangement of data

Dear Frineds, I have a flat file as follows ABCD ABDCWQE POIERAS ADSGASGFG GHJKFHD XBDFGHFGDH POIU IJPFG AFGJFPGOU A;DGUPGU SFSDFDSDFHDSF SDFGHSFDH I want this column to be converted into row like follows ABCD, ABDCWQE, POIERAS, ADSGASGFG, GHJKFHD, XBDFGHFGDH (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to data re-arrangement problem

Input file <data id>="1">\ </data>\ <data id>="2">\ </data>\ <code>="1" target="2">\ </code>\ <data id>="1">\ </data>\ <data id>="2">\ </data>\ <code>="1" target="2">\ </code>\ <data id>="1">\ </data>\ <data id>="2">\ </data>\ <code>="1" target="2">\ </code>\ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp_beginner
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with data re-arrangement problem facing

Input file: <symbol>Q9Y8G1</symbol> <name>Q9Y8G1_EMENI</name> <symbol>Q6V953</symbol> <symbol>Q5B8K1</symbol> <name>Q6V953_EMENI</name> <symbol>G1A416</symbol> <name>G1A416_9FUNG</name> <symbol>D4N894</symbol> <name>D4N894_PLEER</name> <symbol>B0FFU4</symbol>... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp_beginner
13 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Data re-arrangement

Hi I have a huge problem to solve ASAP. Can someone please help!!! My format is arranged in this format: It has three columns. LOGIN ALIAS REC_ID A BB1 0 A ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mapilo
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retreive data with arrangement

Hi all I have following part of a big file TTDS00002 Synonyms M1 receptor TTDS00002 Disease Alzheimer's disease TTDS00002 Disease Bronchospasm (histamine induced) TTDS00002 Disease Cognitive deficits TTDS00002 Disease Schizophrenia TTDS00002 Function The muscarinic acetylcholine... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kareena
2 Replies
miproconfig(1M) 														   miproconfig(1M)

NAME
miproconfig - Mobile IPv4 Route Optimization daemon configuration utility SYNOPSIS
[ conf_file ] display_file ] DESCRIPTION
is a configuration tool for Mobile IPv4 Route Optimization daemon, miprod(1M). The tool gathers data from the user and generates configu- ration files formatted specifically for Only root user can run Options recognizes the following command-line options and arguments: conf_file This will start a configuration session. If conf_file is not provided, is used as default. If the target file exists, then its contents are read and stored in the session records. The process of reading the file is similar to the option (non-fatal errors will be flagged and fatal errors will cause immediate termination of the process). If the file does not exists, session records are initialized to zero and the user can create a new file from scratch. Note that specifying conf_file does not necessarily imply that the file will be modified; the user will have to explicitly commit session records. The user can specify any file name at that time. Displays the contents of a configuration file. If a file is not specified, the contents of will be displayed (if the file exists). informs the user of any syntax or data type errors in the file. Fatal errors will cause immediate termination of the reading process and all data read up to this point will be displayed to the user. The tool restricts the size of each line of the file to 250 characters and the maximum length of any non-commented token to 60 characters. Commands sessions support the following commands. For commands that take arguments, user can input arguments in the novice mode by entering the command name without any arguments. In novice mode, user can get help for any input by typing in "?" at the prompt. commands can be classified into three categories. Users are required to input values for command arguments unless the descriptions state when input is not required, or describe the default behavior of when the information is not configured. Configuration Commands These commands are of the form: and The commands can be used to configure or update individual sets of information (e.g. a Tunnel Inter- face). The commands can be used to delete one or more sets of information (for example, multiple Home Agents). (Abbr.: Configure or update a Home Agent. This command will automatically configure the replay protection scheme to Timestamps. ip_addr IP address of Home Agent. Index to identify the Security Association (SA) between the Home Agent and Must be a positive 32-bit integer greater than 255 and match the SPI configured on the Home Agent. The algorithm association with this Security Association (SA). The input "md5" configures the MD5 algorithm while the input "hmac-md5" configures the HMAC-md5 algorithm. By default mipconfig con- figures the HMAC-md5 algorithm. Used by to authenticate the Home Agent's identity. This 128-bit value should be specified as a sequence of 16 2-digit hex values separated by spaces. Or, an input of "random" will generate a random key for the user. This key must match the key configured on the Home Agent. (Abbr.: Configure or update an interface whose IP address will be used as the source of all tunnels created by This configuration informa- tion is optional. If not entered, will do a call to determine an IP address to use as the source address for all tunnels. name Name of interface (maximum 16 characters) whose address will be used as the source of all tunnels. Users will be warned if interface is not on the machine (UP, not POINTOPOINT or LOOPBACK). Primary address of interface. Constitutes source address of all tunnels created by The user needs to input this information if the interface is not (UP, not POINTOPOINT or LOOPBACK). (Abbr.: Delete one or more Home Agents. ip_addr IP address of Home Agent to delete. Omit this input to delete all Home Agents. (Abbr.: Delete interfaces configured as source of tunnels. (Abbr.: Delete all session records. List Commands These commands list information for various configuration data. (Abbr.: Display information for one or more Home Agents. ip_addr IP Address of Home Agent to list. Omit this input to list all Home Agents. (Abbr.: Display information for interface configured as source of tunnels created by (Abbr.: Display all session data. Session Commands The remaining commands can be classified as session commands. (Abbr.: Perform bulk configuration using commands from a file. Users should ensure that the commands in the file are valid. conf_file Name of the file that contains configuration commands. (Abbr.: Create a configuration file for from session data. Users will be warned if configuration data is incomplete or not matching system parameters. filename Name of the file to create. (Abbr.: Exit from This switch must be specified to force the command when there is unsaved data. (abbr.: Obtain syntax and brief description of commands. Use this switch as the first argument to get help on any arguments of command. This switch applies to every command specified by the user. command Command for which help is needed. User may repeat this argument as needed. Omit this argument to get list of all commands supported. (Abbr.: Clear the session display screen (similar to the command). (Abbr.: Display overview of process to configure (Abbr.: Display name and address of all interfaces on the system (UP, not POINTOPOINT or LOOPBACK). This command may be used to correctly configure the tunnel source interface. EXAMPLES Start a miproconfig session by reading Configure a Home Agent 123.5.6.4 with spi 500 and a specific key Delete Home Agent 123.5.6.8 Quit session without saving file. Display contents of default configuration file Example Sessions Configure a Correspondent Node in a network with one Home Agent, 15.15.15.4. (The network topology was simplified for the purposes of this example.) # miproconfig Creating /var/adm/mip/miprod.conf miproconfig> c h 15.15.15.4 -spi 1025 -k r Random key: 6c 4e 8d 26 25 72 82 2b b3 ad 35 63 5b 70 4e d0 NOTE: replay protection for Home Agent 15.15.15.4 has been set to timestamps miproconfig> write Configuration file name (/var/adm/mip/miprod.conf): <CR> miproconfig> quit # AUTHOR was developed by Hewlett-Packard Company. SEE ALSO miprod(1M), miprod.conf(4). miproconfig(1M)