Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dummy Questions
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Dummy Questions Post 302085447 by slayer666 on Thursday 17th of August 2006 10:10:56 AM
Old 08-17-2006
well its not a homework , and ive read the rules,
its questions that id like to find the answer for
anything wrong with that

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dummy Needs Help

I am ftp-ing (I think) files from one computer to another and I am using the Put command to do this. Is there a way for me to string these commands together and Put several files at once? Thanks, Amy (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amygdala
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using dummy files

what do you record or look for when using these dummy files to test I/O throughput on disk drives. i have no clue and reading from books sure aint helping much. i know all about the creation and every other thing there is to it but when it comes to actual testing, how do i use them this is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Dummy

i need to learn unix real quick and i have completely no idea how. could anyone please tell me how to get material to get me going??? I am IT oriented. PLEASE ANY ONE???????????????? :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: quarmenna
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dummy need help :(

This drive me nut, any can show me how to do it ?? str1='Case Modify 10001 20002 30003 40004|Report Create 3417176211|Case Modify 10002 20002 30003 40004' and str2='Case Modify 10001' if str1 ~ str2 then str1='Report Create 3417176211|Case Modify 10002 20002 30003 40004' Thanks, (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabercats
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dummy questions about how to get the size of a directory by command

Hi, 'ls -ld' is no use .... I want to get the total size of a directory including subdir. Any advice? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GCTEII
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dummy questions about how to get the size of a directory by command

Hi, 'ls -ld' is no use .... I want to get the total size of a directory. Any advice? Thanks in advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GCTEII
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

more questions froma a dummy

thanks all fro your help on my last question my Unix class is officially my least favorite :( as I am not sure I will ever get it :confused: :eek: . okay so I have a couple more these may seem basic but I had never heard of UNIX untill last week when classes started. first of what does the tty,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cinnamonbear
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Dummy!

Hi everyone!! i need some help to do the next exercice, if some one can help-me! Perform a script to swap two lines of a file. The name of file as the two line numbers are passed as a parameter. It should be verify that the file exists, have the necessary permits and lines. i try... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freixo
3 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Print questions from a questions folder in a sequential order

1.) I am to write scripts that will be phasetest folder in the home directory. 2.) The folder should have a set-up,phase and display files I have written a small script which i used to check for the existing users and their password. What I need help with: I have a set of questions in a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: moraks007
19 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Dummy Question

Where can I get UNIX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ciao303
1 Replies
ARITHMETIC(6)							 BSD Games Manual						     ARITHMETIC(6)

NAME
arithmetic -- quiz on simple arithmetic SYNOPSIS
arithmetic [-o +-x/] [-r range] DESCRIPTION
arithmetic asks you to solve problems in simple arithmetic. Each question must be answered correctly before going on to the next. After every 20 problems, it prints the score so far and the time taken. You can quit at any time by typing the interrupt or end-of-file character. The options are as follows: -o By default, arithmetic asks questions on addition of numbers from 0 to 10, and corresponding subtraction. By supplying one or more of the characters +-x/, you can ask for problems in addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, respectively. If you give one of these characters more than once, that kind of problem will be asked correspondingly more often. -r If a range is supplied, arithmetic selects the numbers in its problems in the following way. For addition and multiplication, the numbers to be added or multiplied are between 0 and range, inclusive. For subtraction and division, both the required result and the number to divide by or subtract will be between 0 and range. (Of course, arithmetic will not ask you to divide by 0.) The default range is 10. When you get a problem wrong, arithmetic will remember the numbers involved, and will tend to select those numbers more often than others, in problems of the same sort. Eventually it will forgive and forget. arithmetic cannot be persuaded to tell you the right answer. You must work it out for yourself. DIAGNOSTICS
``What?'' if you get a question wrong. ``Right!'' if you get it right. ``Please type a number.'' if arithmetic doesn't understand what you typed. SEE ALSO
bc(1), dc(1) BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD