Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Gentoo I want to learn & understand all abt LINUX Post 302084229 by prashantsingh on Thursday 10th of August 2006 02:07:43 AM
Old 08-10-2006
Question I want to know more about LINUX,UNIX,AIX,SUSE & other flavours of UNIX world.

Hi --
I m prashant singh. I m new in this field right now I m working LINUXEL4. so plz if U know something about it plz tell me. I will wait for ur answer.

prashant singh

Smilie Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

How and where to learn Linux?

I'd like to pass some exames to get certificates for Linux. Can someone advice me how to do it "on distance" and self studie? thanks! d. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: diamond
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

I want to Learn Linux ?

dear friends I am new in linux and i want to learn linux in dos-mode (note in gui mode). Plz if you have any valuable link plz send me . i will really thankful for this anticipation. irfan ahmad (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itlhr@pharmax.c
4 Replies

3. Fedora

Is it better to learn Linux before unix?

I want to learn (unix solaris), but someone advised me to learn (Linux fedora) before trying (unix solaris) and that they are almost the same.. So shall I go with his advise or is it better to start learning unix directly? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: proud
1 Replies

4. Programming

Learn C on Linux

i am a newbie of linux, and not good at C, now i want to learn C again, i have installed the linux system debian, but i don't know which text editor i should use. when i use the default nano, the sad thing is i can't exit the editor using the command ctrl+x. any tips would be appreciated (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: runeveryday
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

i am new to linux. and i want to learn linux eagerly.

hey guys, i am hoping some hope. I am using linux very late. i am a pc user since last 6 years. but now , i found that its interesting. i want to learn it from the bottom of my heart, i am kind of addicted to it. can you guys tell me how to make it more interesting and more easy? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahuldbest
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Learning abt Linux OS

hi guys, i got job recently in a company which provide a product for data backup and data recovery... as dis product is wrriten in c++ am workin in c++.. now am under training and i want to learn abt Operating System concepts and OS programming using c and c++. i know basic c and c++ programming... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil.march
0 Replies

7. Fedora

Which is the better platform to learn UNIX/Linux (Kali Linux Vs. Red Hat or other)?

I just started a new semester and I started my UNIX class yesterday. I've already decided to use python along with my learning process but what I really want to use with it is Kali as my UNIX/Linux platform to learn off of since I already wanted to learn Cyber Sec. anyways. I just wanted to know if... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ApacheOmega
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Best way to learn Linux

I have some familiarity with Linux, but I want to start learning it, in more detail, now. I will install something like VirtualBox from Oracle, with Centos, as distro, I think. I've been already testing something like this, end I ended up picking Centos for this. I have some time that I can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AdultFoundry
2 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Xalan & Xerces issues for Oracle Linux 6.6 & Solarisstudio12.3 C++ compiler for Linux

Hi Team, I am facing issue while using Xalan & Xerces for my application. Below are my environment details i am using :- Platform:- Oracle Linux 6.6 Compiler :- solarisstudio12.3 C++ compiler for Linux Below are the versions of Xalan & Xerces source code used to build the shared object... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: agrachirag
0 Replies
RMCPING(8)						      System Manager Commands							RMCPING(8)

NAME
rmcpping - send RMCP Ping to network hosts SYNOPSIS
rmcpping [OPTION...] destination DESCRIPTION
rmcpping uses the RMCP Ping request datagram to elicit an RMCP Pong response from a remote host. The utility can be used to verify if a remote host supports RMCP or IPMI. The initial starting sequence number will be randomized. rmcpping will return 0 to the environment if it receives atleast 1 response from the remote host. Otherwise, it exits with a value of 1. OPTIONS
The following options are available -h Output help menu. -V Output version. -c count Stop after sending count packets. -i interval Wait interval seconds between sending each packet. The default is to wait for one second between each packet. -I interface address Set source address to specified interface address. Argument may be numeric IP address or name of device. -t timeout Time to wait for a response, in seconds. Default is five seconds. -v Verbose output. -s num Specify an initial starting sequence number. The default is to use a random initial sequence number. -d Turn on debugging. KNOWN ISSUES
It has been observed that some remote BMCs can get "confused" and delay packet responses if duplicate packets (with duplicate sequence num- bers) are sent in succession very quickly. There is no known way to cleanly deal with a "confused" BMC other than the wait awhile. Unlike ping(8), local network devicess (e.g. 127.0.0.1) cannot be "pinged". REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <freeipmi-users@gnu.org> or <freeipmi-devel@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007-2012 Lawrence Livermore National Security, LLC. Copyright (C) 2003-2007 The Regents of the University of California. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. ORIGIN
Command and manpage based off ping(8). SEE ALSO
freeipmi(7), ping(8), ipmiping(8) http://www.gnu.org/software/freeipmi/ rmcpping 1.1.5 2012-06-15 RMCPING(8)