Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux MySQL server connetction problem Post 302082938 by Corona688 on Thursday 3rd of August 2006 05:23:16 PM
Old 08-03-2006
MySQL is usually used in a networkless fashion -- connecting through TCP/IP is disabled, only the UNIX domain socket is allowed. If you wish to enable TCP/IP, try commenting out the "skip networking" line in your my.cnf then restarting the MySQL server.

Alternatively, if networking is not disabled, keep in mind that MySQL accounts are not just per username, they're per location as well! Each user can have multiple rows in the user table with different characteristics -- you can give the same account different permissions when logged in from different places! -- and if there's none that allows your IP, then you won't get in.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MySQL problem >> missing mysql.sock

MySQL on my server is down.... I figured out that the mysqld process isn't running. When I try to run it, it says it can't find mysql.sock Any suggestions? Here's what I can't do: can't be root don't have physical access (do stuff via SSH) reinstall MySQL (need to keep the current MySQL... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: _hp_
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mysql problem

No help guys??? :( Hi guys, i've got a question here... my intention is to write a script that would access a mysql db and extract some info and paste it into a file... so the first move would be, to access the mysql interface right? hence... #! /usr/bin/ksh echo "Job Begin: " `date` ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 12yearold
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to connect MYSQL server from HP-UX

Hi everyone, I have an urgent requirement to get some table data from Linux-MYSQL server from HP-UX with oracle database.Is there any way we can get connected through Shell script from HP-UX and issue select on mysql to get some table data? Please help me out. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashik786
7 Replies

4. Web Development

MySQL Server Crashing need Help

Hi, we have some problem with mysql high cpu , would like some help with MySQL Tuning here are the mysqltuner & tuning-primer details mysqltuner: # mysqltuner >> MySQLTuner 1.1.1 - Major Hayden <major@mhtx.net> >> Run with '--help' for additional options and output filtering --------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cataplexy
1 Replies

5. Linux

mysql server start issue

Hi, I have installed mysql in linux box as mysql-5.0.77-4.el5_6.6.. I would like to start the server. But there is no mysql file in this location /etc/init.d/ Please advice how to start the server now !! Thnaks, Mani (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
5 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

New centos dedicated server - cant get mysql working

Hi all, I installed centos 5, with LAMP. httpd is working fine, ssh, ftp all working ok. But, when I try to use mysql its not, when I give the command mysql I get ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawstudent
4 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL optimization or why the server is worsened

Hello Please advise me how can I optimize my MySQL server. Or advise which way to look. Maybe someone had similar problems? Over the past two weeks the MySQL server dropped 2 times. I began searching for ways to optimize the server. Overall the picture like that: There is a separate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sergibondarenko
2 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Mysql for HP-UX server

Gd evening I am trying to run my website made in php-mysql on a HP-UX system but dont know how to install and run services of Mysql. Kindly provide appropriate solution. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumar.ashishcs
1 Replies
grass-mesql(1grass)						Grass User's Manual					       grass-mesql(1grass)

NAME
grass-mesql - MySQL embedded driver MySQL embedded driver MySQL embedded driver in GRASS MySQL database driver in GRASS enables GRASS to store vector attributes in MySQL embedded database without necessity to run MySQL server. Driver and database name GRASS modules require 2 parameters to connect to a database. Those parameters are 'driver' and 'database'. For MySQL embedded driver the parameter 'driver' should be set to value 'mesql'. The parameter 'database' is a full path to the directory where database tables are stored. The best place is a directory in the mapset. The directory must be created before use of the driver. In the name of database it is possible to use 3 variables: $GISDBASE - path to current GISBASE $LOCATION_NAME - name of current location $MAPSET - name of current mapset Examples of connection parameters: db.connect driver=mesql database='$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/mysql' db.connect driver=mesql database=/home/user1/db Data types, indexes For more informations about supported data types and indexes see the documentation for MySQL (mysql) driver Database type Because database closing was found very slow if InnoDB was used, the InnoDB storage is disabled by default (hardcoded '--skip-innodb' server option). Note The embedded server is started with hardcoded '--bootstrap' option to avoid warning about missing mysql.time_zone_leap_second table. This can be fixed in future. SEE ALSO
db.connect, SQL support in GRASS GIS Credits Development of the driver was sponsored by Faunalia (Italy) as part of a project for ATAC. AUTHOR
Radim Blazek Last changed: $Date: 2011-02-07 18:59:50 +0100 (Mon, 07 Feb 2011) $ Help Index GRASS 6.4.2 grass-mesql(1grass)