Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux MySQL server connetction problem Post 302082689 by lancepanda on Thursday 3rd of August 2006 01:47:40 AM
Old 08-03-2006
MySQL server connetction problem

Hello,thanks for your help.
I can't connect my MYSQLserver , the note from my Linux System is 'Error 1130 (00000): Host 'my ip address' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server. What could I do on this?

Thanks again!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MySQL problem >> missing mysql.sock

MySQL on my server is down.... I figured out that the mysqld process isn't running. When I try to run it, it says it can't find mysql.sock Any suggestions? Here's what I can't do: can't be root don't have physical access (do stuff via SSH) reinstall MySQL (need to keep the current MySQL... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: _hp_
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mysql problem

No help guys??? :( Hi guys, i've got a question here... my intention is to write a script that would access a mysql db and extract some info and paste it into a file... so the first move would be, to access the mysql interface right? hence... #! /usr/bin/ksh echo "Job Begin: " `date` ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 12yearold
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to connect MYSQL server from HP-UX

Hi everyone, I have an urgent requirement to get some table data from Linux-MYSQL server from HP-UX with oracle database.Is there any way we can get connected through Shell script from HP-UX and issue select on mysql to get some table data? Please help me out. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashik786
7 Replies

4. Web Development

MySQL Server Crashing need Help

Hi, we have some problem with mysql high cpu , would like some help with MySQL Tuning here are the mysqltuner & tuning-primer details mysqltuner: # mysqltuner >> MySQLTuner 1.1.1 - Major Hayden <major@mhtx.net> >> Run with '--help' for additional options and output filtering --------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cataplexy
1 Replies

5. Linux

mysql server start issue

Hi, I have installed mysql in linux box as mysql-5.0.77-4.el5_6.6.. I would like to start the server. But there is no mysql file in this location /etc/init.d/ Please advice how to start the server now !! Thnaks, Mani (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
5 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

New centos dedicated server - cant get mysql working

Hi all, I installed centos 5, with LAMP. httpd is working fine, ssh, ftp all working ok. But, when I try to use mysql its not, when I give the command mysql I get ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawstudent
4 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL optimization or why the server is worsened

Hello Please advise me how can I optimize my MySQL server. Or advise which way to look. Maybe someone had similar problems? Over the past two weeks the MySQL server dropped 2 times. I began searching for ways to optimize the server. Overall the picture like that: There is a separate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sergibondarenko
2 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Mysql for HP-UX server

Gd evening I am trying to run my website made in php-mysql on a HP-UX system but dont know how to install and run services of Mysql. Kindly provide appropriate solution. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumar.ashishcs
1 Replies
MYSQL_GET_SERVER_INFO(3)						 1						  MYSQL_GET_SERVER_INFO(3)

mysql_get_server_info - Get MySQL server info

SYNOPSIS
Warning This extension is deprecated as of PHP 5.5.0, and will be removed in the future. Instead, the MySQLi or PDO_MySQL extension should be used. See also MySQL: choosing an API guide and related FAQ for more information. Alternatives to this function include: omysqli_get_server_info(3) o PDO::getAttribute string mysql_get_server_info ([resource $link_identifier = NULL]) DESCRIPTION
Retrieves the MySQL server version. o $ link_identifier -The MySQL connection. If the link identifier is not specified, the last link opened by mysql_connect(3) is assumed. If no such link is found, it will try to create one as if mysql_connect(3) was called with no arguments. If no connection is found or established, an E_WARNING level error is generated. Returns the MySQL server version on success or FALSE on failure. Example #1 mysql_get_server_info(3) example <?php $link = mysql_connect('localhost', 'mysql_user', 'mysql_password'); if (!$link) { die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error()); } printf("MySQL server version: %s ", mysql_get_server_info()); ?> The above example will output something similar to: MySQL server version: 4.0.1-alpha mysql_get_client_info(3), mysql_get_host_info(3), mysql_get_proto_info(3), phpversion(3). PHP Documentation Group MYSQL_GET_SERVER_INFO(3)