Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sh Shell Script executing remote SQL queries Post 302081232 by Javed on Monday 24th of July 2006 04:46:26 AM
Old 07-24-2006
Thanks alot Dhruva! Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing a SQL query from a shell script

I cannot figure out how to run a SQL script, or just a sqlplus query, from a shell script (bash or ksh). Basically, I need to su - oracle from root and run a query, then test the exit status. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing Sql Query Using Shell Script

HI ALL i have a requirement like this. i have to write a shell script to run a sql query. DB is oracle. once the query is run, the results of the query has to be published in a data file. can you please advice me how to go about it. i am absolutely new to shell scripts and this is a part of my job. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing a SQL query in shell script

Hi ALL, I need an help in connecting to oracle database, executing a select query and printing it on the screen. Can any one please write a simple code or psuedo code and let me know. select query returns multiple values( say select name from emp) Thanks in advance LM (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lijju.mathew
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script for sql queries

Hi All, I have written 4 sql queries . Now I want to write one SHELL SCRIPTING program for all these queries... i.e 1.select * from head; 2. select * from detail; 3. delete from head; 4. delete from detail; Please let me know how to write a shell script... Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user71408
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested SQL queries within Shell script

Hi, Would someone know if I can fire nested sql queries in a shell script? Basically what I am trying to do is as follows: my_sql=$(sqlplus -s /nolog<<EOF|sed -e "s/Connected. *//g" connect... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrutihardas
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a shell script from a PL / SQL Block

Hi, I need to call a shell script present on solaris server from within a PL / SQL block. Kindly suggest.. Thanks Sudhir (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhird
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing set of sql queries from shell script

Hi All, I tried executing set of queries from shell script but not able to capture the input query in the log file. The code looks something similar to below sqlplus user/pwd@dbname << EOF > output.log $(<inputfile.txt) EOF The above code is capturing the output of queries into... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: loggedin.ksh
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

run sql queries from UNIX shell script.

How can i run sql queries from UNIX shell script and retrieve data into text docs of UNIX? :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 24ajay
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue on executing db2 queries through shell script

hi i am trying to execute db2 queries through shell script. it's working fine but for few queries is not working ( those queries are taking time so the script is not waiting to get the complete the execution of that query ) could you please any one help me on this is there any wait... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhaskar v
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help with Executing sql in Shell Script

Hello~ I have a requirement to write a shell script which will connect to the oracle database and run a select count(*) query on a table. The script should succeed only when the count returns a number greater than zero. If the count returns zero, the script should fail. Can someone please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naren.N
3 Replies
UNIVERSAL::require(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   UNIVERSAL::require(3pm)

NAME
UNIVERSAL::require - require() modules from a variable SYNOPSIS
# This only needs to be said once in your program. require UNIVERSAL::require; # Same as "require Some::Module" my $module = 'Some::Module'; $module->require or die $@; # Same as "use Some::Module" BEGIN { $module->use or die $@ } DESCRIPTION
If you've ever had to do this... eval "require $module"; to get around the bareword caveats on require(), this module is for you. It creates a universal require() class method that will work with every Perl module and its secure. So instead of doing some arcane eval() work, you can do this: $module->require; It doesn't save you much typing, but it'll make alot more sense to someone who's not a ninth level Perl acolyte. Methods require my $return_val = $module->require or die $@; my $return_val = $module->require($version) or die $@; This works exactly like Perl's require, except without the bareword restriction, and it doesn't die. Since require() is placed in the UNIVERSAL namespace, it will work on any module. You just have to use UNIVERSAL::require somewhere in your code. Should the module require fail, or not be a high enough $version, it will simply return false and not die. The error will be in $@ as well as $UNIVERSAL::require::ERROR. $module->require or die $@; use my $require_return = $module->use or die $@; my $require_return = $module->use(@imports) or die $@; Like "UNIVERSAL::require", this allows you to "use" a $module without having to eval to work around the bareword requirement. It returns the same as require. Should either the require or the import fail it will return false. The error will be in $@. If possible, call this inside a BEGIN block to emulate a normal "use" as closely as possible. BEGIN { $module->use } SECURITY NOTES
UNIVERSAL::require makes use of "eval STRING". In previous versions of UNIVERSAL::require it was discovered that one could craft a class name which would result in code being executed. This hole has been closed. The only variables now exposed to "eval STRING" are the caller's package, filename and line which are not tainted. UNIVERSAL::require is taint clean. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001, 2005 by Michael G Schwern <schwern@pobox.com>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html AUTHOR
Michael G Schwern <schwern@pobox.com> SEE ALSO
Module::Load, "require" in perlfunc, <http://dev.perl.org/rfc/253.pod> perl v5.10.0 2009-03-30 UNIVERSAL::require(3pm)