Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Capturing some data from a file into a variable Post 302076849 by shiroh_1982 on Friday 16th of June 2006 05:39:22 AM
Old 06-16-2006
Thanks for the reply Vino...Im using the bash shell..

copied the code into vino.sh and when i ran that script got the following output:

./vino.sh

a b c trk_012345678
./vino.sh: typeset: unknown option: `-Z'
typeset: usage: typeset [-afFrxi] [-p] name[=value] ...
./vino.sh: ((: 012345678: value too great for base (error token is "012345678")
a b c trk_012345678
shiroh_1982

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing value into variable

Hi, I am new to shell scripting, I am trying to write a shell script, which will automate the process of mailing the invoices at the end of the day. For major part I am using Oracle database function. The problem is I want to capture the value returned by the Oracle function into the script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasad01
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing Unix Traceroute data

Hi guys, I need a way to capture the host on the next-to-last hop in a traceroute output. The last output is the destination but I need to capture the router just before the last hop. I can do this in perl but I'm not so sure about Shell... I'm on AIX 5.3 using ksh any ideas? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TivoliGUY
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

capturing the o/p to a variable

Hi, #Script mentioned below txt=($(echo `./demo1.sh`)) p=0 for p in "$txt" do col=($(./generateTable /import/data01/sri/Developer/SqlReport/Lab/23/${var} "$p")) . . . . done o/p displayed upon executing a script called "demo1.sh" is as below(two seperate lines):... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: villain41
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Capturing a value in to variable.

Hi, I currently have a shell script where it captures in the value in to 'TOTAL' and outputs to a file, i want to capture another value of a query in to another variable and output it. Current script: sqlplus -s $user <<EOD | read TOTAL set heading off set pages 0 set feedback off set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravi0435
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing Particular Data

Hi everyone! Can any one help me out regarding capturing relevant data from a file. For e.g, if i want to capture the comment written after "Prompt:" for a particular date, like for this case what would be the command to capture the tag written after "Prompt:" for Date: 2009-03-20. A... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: muhmsida
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

capturing a file to store in a variable

I have a file in a windows directory the file is delivery to us like this 07210900.dat where 07210900 is the current date. If I want to store that file in a variable UpLoadFileName and rename, so I can Ftp later to a UNIX directory, I am doing this, is this correct? CDRemoteDir='cd... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rechever
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing data between patterns

Hii, Friends, I want your help in one of my problem. My problem is as follows. I have a flat file as follows (Just a sample) MHT011 01(DOT)8750707asdfas8609 03(DOT)ASD3453ASD 09(DOT)876JHT87 11(DOT)sfd324ert TTT077 01(MOB)876786klj897 06(MOB)876JHT87 07(MOB)sfd324ert... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

capturing data of nethogs

I have installed nethogs to see which process is sending load on the network. i would like to know how can i capture its data in a log file. Or is there is a unix command like script or tee which can help me to capture the data using cronjob (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshus1
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

capturing selective data from a vcd file

Hi, This is a vcd file.A vcd file may have 'n' modules. 1) I need to capture the data in bold,i.e. the module names (shown in bold) 2) Also i need to capture the data inside each individual module,say for tst_bench_top ,i need to capture data from line 4 to line 20 ... I just want one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: veerabahu
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : not capturing all the data from excel sheet

Hi folks, I am working on assignment that captures all the records(2 columns one column contains names and other contain date of birth) from excel sheet stored in a directory and checks for current date and month. If it matches current date and month then the matched records are printed as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies
Num(3)								   OCaml library							    Num(3)

NAME
Num - Operation on arbitrary-precision numbers. Module Module Num Documentation Module Num : sig end Operation on arbitrary-precision numbers. Numbers (type num ) are arbitrary-precision rational numbers, plus the special elements 1/0 (infinity) and 0/0 (undefined). type num = | Int of int | Big_int of Big_int.big_int | Ratio of Ratio.ratio The type of numbers. === Arithmetic operations === val (+/) : num -> num -> num Same as Num.add_num . val add_num : num -> num -> num Addition val minus_num : num -> num Unary negation. val (-/) : num -> num -> num Same as Num.sub_num . val sub_num : num -> num -> num Subtraction val ( */ ) : num -> num -> num Same as Num.mult_num . val mult_num : num -> num -> num Multiplication val square_num : num -> num Squaring val (//) : num -> num -> num Same as Num.div_num . val div_num : num -> num -> num Division val quo_num : num -> num -> num Euclidean division: quotient. val mod_num : num -> num -> num Euclidean division: remainder. val ( **/ ) : num -> num -> num Same as Num.power_num . val power_num : num -> num -> num Exponentiation val abs_num : num -> num Absolute value. val succ_num : num -> num succ n is n+1 val pred_num : num -> num pred n is n-1 val incr_num : num Pervasives.ref -> unit incr r is r:=!r+1 , where r is a reference to a number. val decr_num : num Pervasives.ref -> unit decr r is r:=!r-1 , where r is a reference to a number. val is_integer_num : num -> bool Test if a number is an integer === The four following functions approximate a number by an integer : === val integer_num : num -> num integer_num n returns the integer closest to n . In case of ties, rounds towards zero. val floor_num : num -> num floor_num n returns the largest integer smaller or equal to n . val round_num : num -> num round_num n returns the integer closest to n . In case of ties, rounds off zero. val ceiling_num : num -> num ceiling_num n returns the smallest integer bigger or equal to n . val sign_num : num -> int Return -1 , 0 or 1 according to the sign of the argument. === Comparisons between numbers === val (=/) : num -> num -> bool val (</) : num -> num -> bool val (>/) : num -> num -> bool val (<=/) : num -> num -> bool val (>=/) : num -> num -> bool val (<>/) : num -> num -> bool val eq_num : num -> num -> bool val lt_num : num -> num -> bool val le_num : num -> num -> bool val gt_num : num -> num -> bool val ge_num : num -> num -> bool val compare_num : num -> num -> int Return -1 , 0 or 1 if the first argument is less than, equal to, or greater than the second argument. val max_num : num -> num -> num Return the greater of the two arguments. val min_num : num -> num -> num Return the smaller of the two arguments. === Coercions with strings === val string_of_num : num -> string Convert a number to a string, using fractional notation. val approx_num_fix : int -> num -> string See Num.approx_num_exp . val approx_num_exp : int -> num -> string Approximate a number by a decimal. The first argument is the required precision. The second argument is the number to approximate. Num.approx_num_fix uses decimal notation; the first argument is the number of digits after the decimal point. approx_num_exp uses scien- tific (exponential) notation; the first argument is the number of digits in the mantissa. val num_of_string : string -> num Convert a string to a number. Raise Failure num_of_string if the given string is not a valid representation of an integer === Coercions between numerical types === val int_of_num : num -> int val num_of_int : int -> num val nat_of_num : num -> Nat.nat val num_of_nat : Nat.nat -> num val num_of_big_int : Big_int.big_int -> num val big_int_of_num : num -> Big_int.big_int val ratio_of_num : num -> Ratio.ratio val num_of_ratio : Ratio.ratio -> num val float_of_num : num -> float OCamldoc 2014-06-09 Num(3)