Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 console , how to ..? Post 302076808 by dbasan on Thursday 15th of June 2006 04:29:21 PM
Old 06-15-2006
Go to Desktop controls and you can do whatever you want.

dont get afraid if you happen to see your monitor next to your bedside, if it wakes you up in the middle of the night.

Its okay dude afterall its yours! Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris remote console

Hi all, Is there a quick and easy way to setup remote console of solaris machine please? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stancwong
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Error while adding a new user using Solaris Management Console.

Hi All, I am adding a new user by using Solaris Manamement Console after Remotely Access through Xmanager 1.3.9. But after completing all steps its through an error as follows. The Actual Error Reported was : The management Domain file :/abc/abc do not exist or can not be managed on abc. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: response_manu
0 Replies

3. Solaris

solaris 9 console inactivity timeout

All, I log into Solaris 9 server through a command line at the console and want enable a inactivity timer to log out of the server after 5 minutes. How can it be done? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
1 Replies

4. Solaris

USB Console access on Solaris 9 x86

Hi Guys, I installed solaris 9 on my laptop(x86). I want to access the solaris console by attaching another laptop to this. But i do not have a Serial Port on the laptop on which I installed Solaris. I was wondering whether there was an option of console access through a USB2USB or using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: com2com
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Red stop signs in Solaris Management Console 2.1

I've installed Solaris 10 (x86 8/07) on a Dell PowerEdge 2950. When I bring up the Solaris Management Console I get red stop sign looking icons on all areas (System Status, System Configuration, Services, Storage, and Devices and hardware) under This computer. Originally nothing was showing up... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kayroreality
1 Replies

6. Solaris

New to Solaris, want to only install the console

Hi all, I just found out I will need to start learning solaris at work. I downloaded Solaris and want to install it as a VM. The install ISO was about 2GB and I didn't see any options not to install the GUI. Is there a way to do the install so I only boot to the console and not install any of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gojericho0
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 9 & Netra 210 Console Problems

Have a Netra 210 server running Solaris 9 and Avaya CMS software and we redirected the local console to the remote console and now can't dial into the remote console. Can't get back to the local console either. So we are "locked out" and need help with any tips on how to reset the remote console... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: drewmich
3 Replies

8. Solaris

X11 errors on Solaris 10 - SL Console not showing up

Hi all, I have been administrating large backup environments for quite some time now, but I have never seen the types of errors I'm getting for a client I have in Asia, so I humbly appeal to your expertise in order to fix things. Set up: StreamLine 8500 library connected to a Solaris... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dilibau
7 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Solaris: Not able to access E2900 console

Hi, I have a scheduled activity to reboot E2900 server. But suddenly I came to know that console ip is not pinging, not connecting via telnet, as it used to connect. I already checked with my onsite person and he changed cable, still no luck. Network person checked his switch, which is showing... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
8 Replies

10. Solaris

How to add Solaris text console to Solaris grub2 menu?

Hi, I am new to sloaris and just instlled the solaris 11.2, i know little more about linux, i open the /boot/grub/grub.cfg in solaris and there is many other entries forl solaris 11.2 one of them is for 'Oracle Solaris 11.2 text console' but at boot grub2 only show the first default entry that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shamsat
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)