Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: The > symbol
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers The > symbol Post 302076399 by csb on Tuesday 13th of June 2006 12:13:03 AM
Old 06-13-2006
The > symbol

Hi guys,

Im new to unix; I have a problem at hand.

Somehow at the terminal, I lost the command prompt, instead I get a ">" symbol. Anything I type in does me no good. What do you recommend?

Thank you for your help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unresolved symbol ???

when I make ncftp 111.111.1.2 I just get problems like ... /usr/lib/dld.sl unresolved symbol:inet_ntop (code) does anybody know what is the problem and how to solve this? thx.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svennie
2 Replies

2. Programming

no symbol table

Hi@all, I try to compile c code on hpux 11.11 pa-risc 2 with gcc (32bit). I compile with the option -g, so that I get the symbol table, but it is not available. Does someone knows something on this? thx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dom_Cyrus
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append with TM symbol

I have a file with delimiter ";" and 2 columns for eg: Transparent; ScotchPro™ If you see carefully you can see a special character "TM" at the end of data which is not showing up when I read the data in a regular sequential file. Did anyone anytime tackle this kind of Data. Please advice.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ganesh123
1 Replies

4. Solaris

/usr/lib/passwdutil.so.1: symbol __nsl_fgetspent_r: referenced symbol not found

deleteing post (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshakey
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Symbol reference

Hi, test -d .ssh || mkdir .ssh && chmod 700 .ssh The command has couple of symbols, could someone redirect me to the link, where i can understand their significance. Thanks, John (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: john_prince
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Words after / symbol

Hi, I have the following directory: /home/dragon/websphere/cells/profile/imp/001/ I want to put this in a shell script and get the values before and after cells by removing the '/' Any idea how to make this possible? Regards, Dinesh (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbashyam
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

caret symbol

Hi! I need to know where is the caret symbol (^) on the keyboard. I press Shift+6 and does not appear!! Thank you very much. Removed email address - all should benefit of an answer. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: labultet
1 Replies

8. Programming

Undefined Symbol

When I try to link a .so file I get the undefined symbol error. Though I have the library file in my system. The compile and linking commands used are as follows g++ -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -c dxl_sample.c g++ -o firstprogram -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -Bdynamic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ranadeep Ghosal
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Undefined Symbol

When I try to link a .so file I get the undefined symbol error. Though I have the library file in my system. The compile and linking commands used are as follows g++ -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -c dxl_sample.c g++ -o firstprogram -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -Bdynamic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ranadeep Ghosal
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

On £ symbol

Hi All, How do i represent £ symbol in unix and how to retain £ symbol in file. Thanks in Advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
3 Replies
UilDumpSymbolTable(library call)										  UilDumpSymbolTable(library call)

NAME
UilDumpSymbolTable -- Dumps the contents of a named UIL symbol table to standard output SYNOPSIS
#include <uil/UilDef.h> void UilDumpSymbolTable( sym_entry_type *root_ptr); DESCRIPTION
The UilDumpSymbolTable function dumps the contents of a UIL symbol table pointer to standard output. root_ptr Specifies a pointer to the the symbol table root entry. This value can be taken from the parse_tree_root part of the Uil_com- pile_desc_type data structure returned by Uil. By following the link from the root entry, you can traverse the entire parse tree. Symbol table entries are in the following format: hex.address symbol.type symbol.data prev.source.position source.position modification.record where: hex.address Specifies the hexadecimal address of this entry in the symbol table. symbol.type Specifies the type of this symbol table entry. Some possible types are root, module, value, procedure, and widget. symbol.data Specifies data for the symbol table entry. The data varies with the type of the entry. Often it contains pointers to other symbol table entries, or the actual data for the data type. prev.source.position Specifies the end point in the source code for the previous source item. source.position Specifies the range of positions in the source code for this symbol. The exact data structures for each symbol type are defined in the include file UilSymDef.h. Note that this file is automatically included when an application includes the file UilDef.h. RELATED
Uil(3) UilDumpSymbolTable(library call)