Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers What is wrapper script and how to write Post 302076300 by chiru on Monday 12th of June 2006 12:56:59 AM
Old 06-12-2006
What is wrapper script and how to write

hi guys,
I have a requirement to run a script 4 times with different parameter values.
the 4 jobs have to run parallely which actually access different data of same table and deletes.

how can i achieve this.................?

Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is a wrapper script

I tried searching the forum ,,but couldn't locate ..Can anyone give me a link or some information about wrapper script. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thana
1 Replies

2. Programming

how to write a wrapper c code to return uid using getuid() function

And how to use setuid() ? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pwd
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a wrapper script not working

Hello, I have the below wrapper script: #!/usr/bin/perl -w if ($^O eq 'MSWin32' ) { $subnet = 'c:\path\to\subnet.txt'; } else { $subnet = '/opt/qip/wrapper-del-sub'; } open FH1, 'jj-deleted-subnets.txt' or die "Can't open 'jj-deleted-subnets.txt' ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

wrapper script in perl

Hi, I am in need of way to facilitate this senerio in a perl script. I have CLI ( command line interface) which I run like so: kip-tepltist -u Xxx -p Xxx Which produces tones of names from each template it found: 194Iselin-NJ 33-IDFLB-North-611-Woodward-8600 ... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count script wrapper help

I have this a code that I got help with for another task. I since tried to modify it to work on this task. I need someones expertise to modify it slightly and I am not sure where to start or yet fully understand the logic. I am trying to get a script to read my m-names.txt which has lots... (19 Replies)
19 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pass parameter to the main script from wrapper script

Hi, I am writing a wrapper script(wrap_script.sh) to one of the main scripts (main_script.sh) The main script is executed as following: ./main_script.sh <LIST> <STARTDATE> <ENDDATE> looks for a parameter which is a LIST(consists of different list names that need to be processed), START/END... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stunnerz_84
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrapper Script in Perl Or shell

Hello, My requirement is based on Oracle where we run a perl script and it asked some questions.I want to write a wrapper which will answer all these questions. How is it possible. Thanks (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: cotton
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrapper script Oracle look KSH

I have a KSH script that I want to call in a loop for each row in the above table --- new_script.ksh (psuedo code) the contents on this new script would be something like below... for t in (select table_name,schema_name from laod_table) loop /bin/load_table.ksh t.table_name... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr23
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with the my wrapper script

Hi friends, i am working in ksh88. i am running the follwing wapper script in background to run two jobs parallely((eg nohup wrapper.ksh &):: wrapper.ksh ######################## #!/bin/ksh nohup ./pii_insert.ksh /nsing83/p2/test & nohup ./pii_update.ksh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neelmani
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed on wrapper script

Hi Gurus, I need to build a wrapper script which will be passing the loading date and the data file name (provides option to the user to load a single data file or load all the data files) to the actual loader data_load.ksh to load in the database. 1. I want to execute the loader script... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: express14
6 Replies
queuedefs(4)							   File Formats 						      queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - queue description file for at, batch, and cron SYNOPSIS
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs DESCRIPTION
The queuedefs file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by cron(1M). Each non-comment line in this file describes one queue. The format of the lines are as follows: q.[njobj][nicen][nwaitw] The fields in this line are: q The name of the queue. a is the default queue for jobs started by at(1); b is the default queue for jobs started by batch (see at(1)); c is the default queue for jobs run from a crontab(1) file. njob The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in that queue; if more than njob jobs are ready to run, only the first njob jobs will be run, and the others will be run as jobs that are currently running terminate. The default value is 100. nice The nice(1) value to give to all jobs in that queue that are not run with a user ID of super-user. The default value is 2. nwait The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that job's queue, or because the system-wide limit of jobs executing has been reached. The default value is 60. Lines beginning with # are comments, and are ignored. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample file. # # a.4j1n b.2j2n90w This file specifies that the a queue, for at jobs, can have up to 4 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice value of 1. As no nwait value was given, if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. The b queue, for batch(1) jobs, can have up to 2 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice(1) value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, cron(1M) will wait 90 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously; they will be run with a nice value of 2, and if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. FILES
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs queue description file for at, batch, and cron. SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), nice(1), cron(1M) SunOS 5.10 1 Mar 1994 queuedefs(4)