Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX Console screens
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers AIX Console screens Post 302076257 by falstaff100 on Saturday 10th of June 2006 08:32:01 PM
Old 06-10-2006
Data AIX Console screens

How do you switch screens in AIX? I know you can use ALT-F1, ALT-F3, etc. in SCO Unix. Help!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

cant telnet to aix 5.2 and not even access through serial console

I have installed aix 5.2 on aix box through serial console connected to COM 1 . I even get a login prompt after the fresh installation . But as soon as i give a root & enter i again get a login prompt.i..e I am not able to logon after a fresh installation. and even i configured IP configuration... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxnightowl84
0 Replies

2. AIX

Getting console access on freshly built AIX 5.2

Hi folks, I'm unfortunately only a Solaris/Linux guy and have a problem I can't solve. As part of an assessment of some network security software, I need to perform vulnerability scans and log (syslog event) collection from an AIX box. So I have a pSeries "B80" in front of me running AIX 5.2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaldek
8 Replies

3. AIX

need AIX console cable

Hello ... I am newbie and will be very grateful for any help. I need a serial console cable for my AIX boxes (seems we have lost the one we had!). However I am confused about the one one to order - UK based if possible. I wonder if anyone can point me at a specific one or the exact spec i need to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tim441
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

HP UX welcome screens

How I can I remove the welcome screen for HPUX ie * * * * * Welcome to AIX Version 5.3! * * * but only for some users ? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: belfastbelle
4 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

3D screens in surgical industry

I just had this odd idea that may even have some future. The advent of 3D screens for the mass market might prove useful for the healthcare industry, while in surgical practices they rely on medical imagery more and more often. Perhaps the introduction of 3D screens will give the illusion of depth... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
4 Replies

6. AIX

Block root user in system console - aix 5.3

How to block the root user login in system direct console. Users should login with non-root ids themselves and then use the su command to become root. Which configuration file i need to check and disable it. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmvinay
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

How can I see all screens of a user?

Hi folks, I was running many commands using root and closed the session. I would like to see if there is a way to go back to the server and see those screens so I can remember what I did the next time I need to do that. Thanks a bunch! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
3 Replies

8. AIX

Console redirect to xmanager in AIX ?

Hello, Oracle PDF reports run only when you run the command # xhost + from the console, but if you run from the xmanager session , then report doesn't work running from windows pc using xmanager # xhost + access control disabled, clients can connect from any host # echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
7 Replies

9. AIX

Install AIX , do i need hmc console

Hi, For installing aix on power series , do i need to install hmc first? or i can connect hmc after? Rgs, (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
7 Replies

10. AIX

IBM AIX console pseries

Hi, when I boot I get an E1DC error code. I've looked it up and it says that this error occurs during the firmware check. But the error is called "Dynamic Console Selection" . 1- Machine stopped at LCD led display = E1DC = CA00E1DC E1DC Dynamic console selection. (maybe cable or keyboard)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies
DMXGetScreenCount(3)					     Library Functions Manual					      DMXGetScreenCount(3)

NAME
DMXGetScreenCount - determine number of back-end screens SYNOPSIS
#include <X11/extensions/dmxext.h> Bool DMXGetScreenCount(Display *dpy, int *screen_count); DESCRIPTION
DMXGetScreenCount() returns the number of back-end screens that a Xdmx(1) server controls. Since a DMX screen usually fills all of the available area on a back-end server, there is usually a one-to-one correspondence between DMX screens and backend servers. However, it is also possible for a DMX screen to cover only part of the available area on a back-end server, and for more than one DMX screens to occupy different parts of the visible area on the same back-end server. A DMX screen may be managed as a regular X screen in the Xdmx(1) server or may be joined with other DMX screens using Xinerama. RETURN VALUE
DMXGetScreenCount() sets screen_count and returns True unless there is a protocol error. NOTES
If Xinerama is active, only one logical screen will be available to clients of the Xdmx(1) server. However, this call will accurately reflect the number of composite back-end screens that the Xdmx(1) server is using. SEE ALSO
DMXGetScreenAttributes(3), DMXChangeScreensAttributes(3), DMX(3), Xdmx(1) X Version 11 libdmx 1.1.2 DMXGetScreenCount(3)