Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: rhosts file...
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat rhosts file... Post 302076211 by reborg on Friday 9th of June 2006 07:27:53 PM
Old 06-09-2006
Don't crosspost, the rules don't allow it.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.rhosts and rsh command

Hello all, Ok. Here it the scope I have two Redhat 7.2 machine which I use to test things on. I have a home directory which is NFS mounted via NIS. I have a .rhosts file in the directory with the name of the machine and username, with permission 600. Be when I try to run a rsh command I get... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

duplicate entries /.rhosts file

Hi All, I have one problem related to /.rhosts file. According to my understanding, /.rhosts file is used for "rsh". What will happen if I have duplicate entries in this file? e.g> my .rhosts file looks like Code: wcars42g wcars89j wcars42g wcars42b wcars42b Will duplicate entries... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akash_mahakode
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

duplicate entries /.rhosts file

Hi, I forgot how to start a new thread. :( Can somebody please guide me? I have one problem related to /.rhosts file. According to my understanding, /.rhosts file is used for "rsh". What will happen if I have duplicate entries in this file? e.g> my .rhosts file looks like wcars42g... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash_mahakode
2 Replies

4. Solaris

After reboot the .rhosts file in nobody nobody

Hi All, I have a station in solaris 10 in a environnemet NIS. after reboot of the station the file ". rhosts" has the UID / GID nobody. Could you please help me to find the solution? Thx. Vince (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vince78
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

+ + in .rhosts is causing a "Permission Denied"

I have a user who has "+ +" at the top of his .rhosts file. He cannot "rsh NODE date" to a different box ( both are RHEL 5.4 ). If I remove the "+ +" then the "RSH" works. I have correct settings of node names/user in the .rhosts file. I even tried adding to the second box's... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rom828
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends, I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving... File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 text file with 1 column in each file and write mismatch data to 3rd file

Hi, I need to compare 2 text files with around 60000 rows and 1 column. I need to compare these and write the mismatch data to 3rd file. File1 - file2 = file3 wc -l file1.txt 58112 wc -l file2.txt 55260 head -5 file1.txt 101214200123 101214700300 101250030067 101214100500... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya Nochiyil
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (sh file) logic to compare contents of one file with another file and output to file

Shell script logic Hi I have 2 input files like with file 1 content as (file1) "BRGTEST-242" a.txt "BRGTEST-240" a.txt "BRGTEST-219" e.txt File 2 contents as fle(2) "BRGTEST-244" a.txt "BRGTEST-244" b.txt "BRGTEST-231" c.txt "BRGTEST-231" d.txt "BRGTEST-221" e.txt I want to get... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: pottic
22 Replies
CROSSPOST(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      CROSSPOST(8)

NAME
crosspost - create the links for cross posted articles SYNOPSIS
crosspost [ -D dir ] [ -s ] [ file... ] DESCRIPTION
Crosspost reads group and article number data from files or standard input if none are specified. (A single dash in the file list means to read standard input.) It uses this information to create the hard, or symbolic, links for cross posted articles. Crosspost is designed to be used by InterNetNews to create the links as the articles come in. Normally innd creates the links but by having crosspost create the links innd spends less time waiting for disk IO. In this mode one would start innd(8) using the ``-L'' flag. Crosspost expects input in the form: group.name/123 group2.name/456 group3.name/789 with one line per article. Any dots in the input are translated into "/" to translate the news group into a pathname. The first field is assumed to be the name of an existing copy of the article. Crosspost will attempt to link all the subsequent entries to the first using hard links if possible or symbolic links if that fails. By default, crosspost processes its input as an INN channel feed written as a ``WR'' entry in the newsfeeds(5) file, for example: crosspost:*:Tc,Ap,WR:/usr/lib/news/bin/crosspost To process the history file and re-create all the links for all articles use: awk <history -F' ' '(NF > 2){print $3}' | crosspost (where the -F is followed by a tab character.) The ``-D'' flag can be used to specify where the article spool is stored. The default directory is /var/spool/news. By default crosspost will fsync(2) each article after updating the links. The ``-s'' flag can be used to prevent this. HISTORY
Written by Jerry Aguirre <jerry@ATC.Olivetti.Com>. SEE ALSO
newsfeeds(5), innd(8). CROSSPOST(8)