Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Static & Dynamic IP on the same machine Post 302076026 by reborg on Thursday 8th of June 2006 09:50:49 AM
Old 06-08-2006
Set up the first nic as per usual procedure.

touch /etc/dhcp.<second Interface_name>

and reboot.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

differeEEK!nce between static and dynamic linking

hello, friends i would like to know what is the differnce between static library and dynamic library? How will u create them and what are there uses? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijaya2006
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

I need HELP to Set up Coyote Linux router with 1 static IP & 64 internal static IP

hello, i need help on setting my coyote linux, i've working on this for last 5 days, can't get it to work. I've been posting this message to coyote forum, and other linux forum, but haven't get any answer yet. Hope someone here can help me...... please see my attached picture first. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlwoaud
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change static ip to dynamic ip

I had just install a solaris 10 server. I set the ip address to static during installation. I want to change it to dynamic but I don't know how. Expert here please help me! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyysk
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Static IP address for solaris 10 virtual machine

Hi All I am having a solaris 10 virtual machine on vista (using vmware 7) laptop. Now i want to access virtual machine from vista using putty. Problem is that i insalled the solaris machine as dhcp. and whenever i connect to internet or reboot my system the IP address of solaris... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankurk
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix script to segregate dynamic and static content of a web application

I need to deploy a JAVA application on two separate servers: 1. Web server (IBM HTTP Web Servers (IHS)) 2. Application Server (WebSphere Application Server WAS7.0) The static content will have to be deployed and handled on Web server. These would include GIFs, HTML, CSS, etc files.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chani27
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge Static and dynamic parts in variable declaration

Dear Unix experts I want to define a variable which contains dynmic and static part, daynamic part is the first field. Sample of data dddd aaaa sssss 12345 ssss 2323 234234 4242 dddd 3223 34234 54353 ssss 24234 3434 42342 dddd rwrw 423423 werwer nawk 'BEGIN {FS=" "}{... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
4 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Merge Static and dynamic parts in variable declaration

Dear Unix experts Moved from "Shell Programming and Scripting " I want to define a variable which contains dynmic and static part, daynamic part is the first field. Sample of data dddd aaaa sssss 12345 ssss 2323 234234 4242 dddd 3223 34234 54353 ssss 24234 3434 42342 dddd rwrw 423423... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
2 Replies

8. Programming

Shared, Static , Dynamic?

if I could compile the same source file as shared/static/dynamic what are the advantages/ disadv of each. PS:by dynamic i am asking about usage of "dlopen". How is it particularly diff from shared libs (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonpoint
2 Replies
reboot(2)							System Calls Manual							 reboot(2)

Name
       reboot - reboot system or halt processor

Syntax
       #include <sys/reboot.h>

reboot(howto)
       int howto;

Arguments
       howto   The howto argument is a mask of options passed to the bootstrap program.

The bits of howto are:

RB_HALT
		      the processor is simply halted; no reboot takes place.  RB_HALT should be used with caution.

RB_ASKNAME
		      Interpreted  by  the bootstrap program itself, causing it to inquire as to what file should be booted.  Normally, the system
		      is booted from the file "xx(0,0)vmunix" without asking.

RB_SINGLE
		      Normally, the reboot procedure involves an automatic disk consistency check and then multi-user operations.  RB_SINGLE  pre-
		      vents  the consistency check, rather simply booting the system with a single-user shell on the console.  RB_SINGLE is inter-
		      preted by the init(8) program in the newly booted system.  This switch is not available from the system call interface.

Only the superuser may a machine.

Description
       The system call reboots the system, and is invoked automatically in the event of unrecoverable system failures.	The system call  interface
       permits	only  RB_HALT or RB_AUTOBOOT to be passed to the reboot program; the other flags are used in scripts stored on the console storage
       media or used in manual bootstrap procedures.  When none of these options (for example, RB_AUTOBOOT) is given, the system is rebooted  from
       file in the root file system of unit 0 of a disk chosen in a processor-specific way.  Normally, an automatic consistency check of the disks
       is then performed.

Return Values
       If successful, this call never returns.	Otherwise, a -1 is returned, and an error is stored in the global variable errno.

Diagnostics
       The call fails under the following condition:

[EPERM]	      The caller is not the superuser.

See Also
       crash(8v), halt(8), init(8), reboot(8)

reboot(2)