Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux /root filesystem size is full Post 302075305 by uXion on Thursday 1st of June 2006 01:04:00 PM
Old 06-01-2006
No Hijack

I'm having a similar problem on AIX 4.3 but I cannot seem to identify why or whats filling up the space. Are you having any luck?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filesystem Full

I noticed that whenever something is printed from my workstation, the available disk space in the /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 decreases considerably. Hence, after using my workstation for sometime, I encounter an error message: "Filesystem Full" that prevents me from printing any further. Is there a way to... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilak1008
16 Replies

2. SCO

Maximum size of root filesystem in SCO 5.0.7

Does anyone know the maximum size of the root filesystem in SCO 5.0.7.? It used to be 1GB max. SCO 5.0.7 with Development System does not fit in 1GB. Is there a limit or has it been removed and the documenation just was not updated? TIA, Dan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: njsco
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

filesystem full

my root filesystem is eventually full "/dev/rdsk/c1d0s0" as a result i cannot boot to the operating system, i booted into the fail safe mode to check the space using df -h command i discover that it is eventually full. Also to my amazement i found that i cannot see the filesystem which mounted on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

/ filesystem getting full

Hi All, How do I increase the root filesystem? It's getting full. / 90% Here's the break down, below 232 dev 5624 tmp *6764 bin 16860 root *19680 sbin *20436 lib64 28329 boot *47992 etc 150012 var *254540 lib 651708 home *2445044 usr (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

filesystem is full

Hello everybody, a very basic question. Inspite of me deleting huge files in a filesystem(AIX 5.3) in oracle folder, the filesystem when i check using df -k still shows 100% full. Does that mean there is a process still pointing to the files which i deleted. how do i work around this. Thanks!... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Filesystem Full

In our shop we have to run a batch cycle. Every so often while we are running batch we get a filesystem full situation that causes batch to stop or slow down. Anyway, the practiced procedure is to look for large files and zip them. This takes a lot of time. We are in a sun solaris environment. What... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
1 Replies

7. Solaris

How to resolve Filesystem Full?

I have experienced Filesystem full (%iused = 100%) as below. I have tried to remove a lot of garbage but it still become full soon. # df -F ufs -o i Filesystem       iused    ifree  %iused  Mount /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0  512000     0   100%  / /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s3   1887   382113   0%  /cms Other... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SwordCar
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Physical disk IO size smaller than fragment block filesystem size ?

Hello, in one default UFS filesystem we have 8K block size (bsize) and 1K fragmentsize (fsize). At this scenary I thought all "FileSytem IO" will be 8K (or greater) but never smaller than the fragment size (1K). If a UFS fragment/blocksize is allwasy several ADJACENTS sectors on disk (in a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rarino2
4 Replies
SWITCH_ROOT(8)						       System Administration						    SWITCH_ROOT(8)

NAME
switch_root - switch to another filesystem as the root of the mount tree SYNOPSIS
switch_root [-hV] switch_root newroot init [arg...] DESCRIPTION
switch_root moves already mounted /proc, /dev, /sys and /run to newroot and makes newroot the new root filesystem and starts init process. WARNING: switch_root removes recursively all files and directories on the current root filesystem. OPTIONS
-h, --help Display help text and exit. -V, --version Display version information and exit. RETURN VALUE
switch_root returns 0 on success and 1 on failure. NOTES
switch_root will fail to function if newroot is not the root of a mount. If you want to switch root into a directory that does not meet this requirement then you can first use a bind-mounting trick to turn any directory into a mount point: mount --bind $DIR $DIR SEE ALSO
chroot(2), init(8), mkinitrd(8), mount(8) AUTHORS
Peter Jones <pjones@redhat.com> Jeremy Katz <katzj@redhat.com> Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com> AVAILABILITY
The switch_root command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux June 2009 SWITCH_ROOT(8)