Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris System not starting completely Post 302074777 by frankkahle on Thursday 25th of May 2006 04:44:09 PM
Old 05-25-2006
console does not give a prompt

I determined that there was a mount in the vfstab table that physically no longer exisisted. this just caused it to hang forever. Got past that problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sun system not starting up

I was having some problems with my sun system so i did an Init 6. now it has been booting up for about 20 minutes and only gets as fare as stting default interface for multicast: add net 224.0.0.0 {gateway machinename}. any sugjestions on what i should do to fix this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Thump
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Completely new...

Hi there, I am completely new to this forum but it say's it's for complete newbies too :) I have some questions: 1: I want to learn Linux and some basic Unix commands. Is it best to install a text version of Linux/Unix? (to get to know the commands, instead of a shell app) 2: Are there... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mecallie
8 Replies

3. IP Networking

Starting Home System with a Firewall

I'm a beginner to Unix System Administration and I'd like to start first by having a server setup as a firewall. What would be a good distro to do this with? I'll be running it on an old computer. I plan on using command line only with this box. Also, where can I start reading about doing this?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tr33
2 Replies

4. AIX

Starting web-based system manager?

How does one initiate this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Severe Error while starting the System

Dear All, I am facing a unknown error, I start the Linux (RHEL 4 update 6) as usual. After starting the various services(like network,sendmail,portmap etc) a error appears suddenly. The error looks like : Post_create: setxattr failed, rc=28 (dev=hda2 ino=772685) Post_create: setxattr... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akhtar.bhat
2 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

And now for something completely the same

In honor of the anniversary of one of the best British shows (and memoriam of Graham Chapman)... npjOSLCR2hE 9ZlBUglE6Hc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pludi
1 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Data Transfers Lock System Up Completely

I have two laptops on which I've installed Ubuntu Studio 9.04. The first laptop (Acer) has a Centrino 32-bit Intel CPU in it and the second (HP) has a 64-bit dual core Intel CPU. I'm running the 32-bit version of Ubuntu Studio on the Acer and the 64-bit version on the HP. While testing the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check EOF char in Unix. OR To check file has been received completely from a remote system

Advance Thanks. (1) I would like to know any unix/Linux command to check EOF char in a file. (2) Or Any way I can check a file has been reached completely at machine B from machine A. Note that machine A ftp/scp the file to machine B at unknown time. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexalex1
5 Replies

9. Solaris

11.2 not shutting down completely

I just installed this 11.2 ver and when I tell it to shutdown it takes for ever then just hangs with this just a little bit of that red line left to go, then it just sits there like forever until I get tired of looking at it then force a shutdown by holding my power button down until my laptop... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: userx-bw
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep a line not starting with # from a file (there are two lines starting with # and normal)?

e.g. File name: File.txt cat File.txt Result: #INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ1 INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ2 I want to get the value for one which is not commented out. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)