Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How can I run scripts in my unix account from batch file in Windows? Post 302074763 by olgafb on Thursday 25th of May 2006 03:50:44 PM
Old 05-25-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by amro1
Olga,

It is possible indeed, however the lack of details make it difficult to suggest anything. I had similar configuration by tuning up Exceed (with bounded extensions) some years ago.
As the requirement is not unique, you may wish checking your options with third part telnet, ssh2 and so on implementations also.

Sorry for a vagueness.
Which details would you need? How ssh2 and telnet could help?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run the scripts from windows to UNIX

HI, I have one java program in windows OS. From that java program, I want to run the shell script file in the UNIX OS. Is it possible ??If yes, please post me the source code, how to do that ?? Thanks, Srinivas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivas peyyal
3 Replies

2. Linux

Possible ways to run shell scripts on Windows

Hi all, I want to know possible ways to exceute the shell scripts on Windows environment. Please help me. Regards, Uday. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday123
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help needed to connect to windows from unix and run .bat file

Hi Can anyone tell if it is possible to connect from Unix to t a remote windows environment and run a .bat script. Do SSH/SFTP... serve my purpose..if s how.... if not which commands or scripts will help with my requiremnt. points on this are greatly honoured. Thanks in advance. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakshmis10
1 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows services for unix - How do I run in batch

I just installed Windows Services for Unix. I want to create a ksh program and schedule it using the Windows scheduler. How would I go about doing it? What would the command line look like? Do I always have to be in a ksh shell to run the batch program even if it is not scheduled? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbdenham
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A mechanism like "batch file of windows" in Unix

Hi all, Like in windows OS we have in unix something called "jobs"-term me if i am wrong- to run a sequence of steps which we can exceute at our own will without scheduling like corntab scheduling. can any one tell me what is the structure of this file and provide me with some info with this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixjadoo
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing Windows batch file from UNIX

Hi everyone, let me get straight to the points. My manager wants to execute a remote batch file (on a Windows server) from a UNIX Machine, does anyone know if this is possible and what packages would be needed? Thanks p.s. Sorry i cant give OS specifics, we use most UNIX's; AIX, Solaris,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: flip387
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch job in unix server to move the pdf file from unix to windows.

Hi Experts, I have a requirement where i need to setup a batch job which runs everymonth and move the pdf files from unix server to windows servers. Could some body provide the inputs for this. and also please provide the inputs on how to map the network dirve in the unix like that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ger199901
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Windows Batch script for Unix commands

I wish to create a folder on a unix server B from my windows box using windows batch script. Below is my windows batch script. @ ECHO OFF ::Enter your Directory name: echo Enter your Directory name: set /p mydir= plink user1@ServerA mkdir %mydir% At plink command i get logged... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To run a shell script in remote server from windows batch file

Hi all, i need to run a shell script on remote server. I have created file .bat file in windows server with following code, c:\Users\Desktop\putty.exe -ssh -pw password user@server ./script.sh i need to run the script.sh in my remote server Above command is not working, any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rammm
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write BTEQ batch scripts in UNIX?

Hi All, I need to write Unix shell script. To star with : I need to do some file checking on unix file system, then based on file existance, I need to run diff SQL in Teradata Bteq. After that, depending on Results of SQL, I need to code other shell scripting like moving file, within same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shilpi Gupta
4 Replies
Regexp::Common::URI::telnet(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Regexp::Common::URI::telnet(3)

NAME
Regexp::Common::URI::telnet -- Returns a pattern for telnet URIs. SYNOPSIS
use Regexp::Common qw /URI/; while (<>) { /$RE{URI}{telnet}/ and print "Contains a telnet URI. "; } DESCRIPTION
$RE{URI}{telnet} Returns a pattern that matches telnet URIs, as defined by RFC 1738. Telnet URIs have the form: "telnet:" "//" [ user [ ":" password ] "@" ] host [ ":" port ] [ "/" ] Under "{-keep}", the following are returned: $1 The complete URI. $2 The scheme. $3 The username:password combo, or just the username if there is no password. $4 The username, if given. $5 The password, if given. $6 The host:port combo, or just the host if there's no port. $7 The host. $8 The port, if given. $9 The trailing slash, if any. REFERENCES
[RFC 1738] Berners-Lee, Tim, Masinter, L., McCahill, M.: Uniform Resource Locators (URL). December 1994. SEE ALSO
Regexp::Common::URI for other supported URIs. AUTHOR
Damian Conway (damian@conway.org) MAINTAINANCE
This package is maintained by Abigail (regexp-common@abigail.be). BUGS AND IRRITATIONS
Bound to be plenty. LICENSE and COPYRIGHT This software is Copyright (c) 2001 - 2009, Damian Conway and Abigail. This module is free software, and maybe used under any of the following licenses: 1) The Perl Artistic License. See the file COPYRIGHT.AL. 2) The Perl Artistic License 2.0. See the file COPYRIGHT.AL2. 3) The BSD Licence. See the file COPYRIGHT.BSD. 4) The MIT Licence. See the file COPYRIGHT.MIT. perl v5.18.2 2013-03-08 Regexp::Common::URI::telnet(3)