Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix shell scripting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unix shell scripting Post 302074349 by Ygor on Monday 22nd of May 2006 09:53:43 PM
Old 05-22-2006
Sometimes the line count from wc -l is short by one line, but only if the last line is incomplete because it does not end with a new line character.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix shell scripting

I need to write a script which analyses an invoice file, counting the amount of pages in the file to be printed per account number and per invoice. The account numbers are stored in another file which has instructions on what do with ach customers invoice as per their account number. please... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: la_burton
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Shell Scripting

Hi All, Greetings!! I am trying to write a script that will get me the syslog.log file output of last week... That is ...my cron will run on Monday and will get me the syslog output of previous week , last monday-last sunday. I tried using date formatting and tail..but did not succeed.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: premamadhuri
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need your Help on Unix Shell Scripting.........

Hi Friends, 1. Bash Shell Scrpt to take backup at evening 2. I need a bash shell script for killing all processes. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayraj
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Shell Scripting

I 'm new to unix shell scripting can some one guide me to any e-book or link from where i can learn unix shell scripting .. i want to learn create interactive scripts for my day to day solaris work. Any help would be appreciated (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Shell Scripting( Calling from Unix to PLSQL)

Hello Experts, I have the following questions to be discussed here at this esteemed discussion forum. I have two Excel sheets which contain Unix Commands llike creating directory the structure/ftp/Copy/Zip etc to basically create an environment. I need help in understanding some of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: faizsaadq
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Shell Scripting

I'm sorry if this doesn't go here, but I'm in depserate need of help with my last unix homework. Anyways, I'm taking summer classes, and one of them is UNIX. I've understood everything thus far, but I'm having a killer time with how my instructor has worded the problems for shell scripting. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dw15
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX shell scripting

I am new to Unix.. Can someone please help me to understand the concept of Login shell and non login shell ? what exactly the difference between them :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lokita jain
1 Replies

9. Programming

unix Shell scripting

Hi All, need help to complete the automation but stuck at a perticular situation below is the code <code> fixed_function_name { code.... code.... variable_map= { a="/a" b="/b" c="/c" so on... } (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX Shell Scripting

Describe in short the word completion feature of the tcsh Completion works anywhere in the command line, not at just the end, for both commands and filenames. Type part of a word and hit the Tab key, and the shell replaces the incomplete word with the complete one in the input buffer. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Elena Lauren
1 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD