Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to enable solaris 9 to accept remote XDMCP Post 302074084 by 0ktalmagik on Friday 19th of May 2006 02:17:53 PM
Old 05-19-2006
How to enable solaris 9 to accept remote XDMCP

Hi,

I want to enable solaris 9 to accept remote XDMCP connections. Please let me know what places i should look into and what configurations to be made.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

xdmcp on Solaris 10 x86

I recently downloaded and installed Solaris 10 on an Intel PC. I want to connect to it via XDMCP from another client. I found you can enable xdmcp as follows: Launch -> Applications -> Utilities -> Administration -> Login Screen Setup Then selected the XDMCP tab and click the box that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lyonsd
1 Replies

2. AIX

Enable Remote desktop

hi every body here i want enable RDP "Remote desktop Protocol" on aix application server if some body help me i will be thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: killer_boy
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How to enable Dual monitors in Solaris 9

The guy that knows how to do this is gone. I watched him do it but i am not really sure how to split the screen. i searched and found this but have not tried it Copy /usr/dt/config/Xservers to /etc/dt/config/Xservers 0 Local local_uid@console root /usr/openwin/bin/Xsun :0 -nobanner -dev... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
1 Replies

4. AIX

How to enable XDMCP?

Hello everyone, I installed AIX the other day (several times!) but I can't get XDMCP to work. I remember from when I installed it the last time it worked out of the box. So why doesn't it work now? This is the error message I get: XDMCP fatal error: Session failed Session 2 failed for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kotzkroete
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 install won't accept IP address

Hi I am trying to debug an issue with an automated install I have set-up. So to start I just ran a simple ok; boot cdrom - install but when it came to the IP address field it would only take the following format 123.123.123.12 and would not let me enter the last digit Anybody got any... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: eeisken
9 Replies

6. Solaris

Citrix cannot accept any connections in solaris 9

We have installed Citrix server in Solaris 9 (Sparc Ultra45), we are able to connect from windows workstations to Citrix Server. But today Suddenly we got the error Citrix server cannot accept any connections. I am not aware of citrix server, All citrix user Please help me in this regard what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
1 Replies

7. Solaris

How to enable logging in Solaris 10?

hi all, i want to log every thing happen in my server is any body can provide me with articals, pdf's is that correct to log every thing in the system what is the most important thing i should i log it (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: corvinusbsd
4 Replies

8. Solaris

how to enable GUI mode in solaris

I just installed Solaris 10 in my pc with dafault installtion. When I tried login to it first time , it took me directly to console mode When issuing the command svcs it didn't returned any fmri related to gui. find the attached snapshot for the list of fmri. Installing the fmri ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
1 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Solaris LDAPCLIENT accept CA

Hey Guys, How can I make the Solaris native ldapclient trust a CA? I am trying to use a selfsigned cert and it is not working. WHen I use ssltap to monitor the ssl traffic it shows this for the last client communication: 0: 15 03 01 00 02 02 30 | ......0 (7... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s ladd
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Configure Solaris to accept Active Directory user logins

Is it possible to configure a Solaris server to authenticate users against an Active Directory server when logging in via ssh? I've seen some docs out there, I've followed their instructions, but it does not work. And I'm beginning to wonder if it is possible or even supported by Oracle. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)