Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Glance Fatal Error
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Glance Fatal Error Post 302073058 by newbie07 on Wednesday 10th of May 2006 01:15:37 AM
Old 05-10-2006
Glance Fatal Error - Solution

Hey ..

after much search and help from one senior i got the solution to the problem i posted few days back ...

Problem How to get glance data in temporary file for monitoring issues ...

Solution : Please refer the first post too ..

/opt/perf/bin/glance -aos /home/user/scripts/glance.syn -iterations 2 >/home/user/scripts/glance.op

Here "/opt/perf/bin/" is the path where glance lies on ur system.

-iterations is the number of times glance shud run ... read man page of glance

-aos - it is same as -adviser_only option read man page for detail ..

and the "glance.syn" is a file which captures the data for memory and cpu utilization directly from the variables of glance utility

glance.syn
print "CPU total:",gbl_cpu_total_util_cum|3|0,"% Mem Cum:",gbl_mem_util_cum|3|0,"%"

here "gbl_cpu_total_util_cum" & "gbl_mem_util_cum" are the variable from glance utility used for capturing the required data ..

Hope this helps who comes across such problem in future ..

Keep posting
NeWbiE07

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fatal error in disk

I have a doubt with an error message, and i want to be sure if this is a normal situation or not. Situation: I was formating and installing a SCSI 36Gb HD with UNIX SCO 5.05, the problem happens when is making the division and filesystem on disk 1, and the message error is "Exit value 139... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jav_v
1 Replies

2. Programming

ld: fatal error

dear all , iam trying to compile a progam using gcc compiler on a sun 280 R machine running solaris 9 . iam getting an error in the last step when the compiler tries to link the objects , although the compiler executes some applicarions that contains no objects smoothly, the error that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppass
1 Replies

3. Programming

Fatal Error

Hi, I just pulled out my code from source control, then I compiled, the compilation is successful at that time. Then I modified one of the source file, Then I compiled, I got the following error ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to ../../CM/bin/cato Before... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarwan
1 Replies

4. Programming

ld: fatal error

i am trying to compile my program using a makefile and i keep getting this message: Undefined first referenced symbol in file main /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/3.3/crt1.o ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to prog5 collect2: ld returned 1 exit status ***... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: betterdayz
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while executing glance using ssh

Hi, I'm running glance ussing ssh from a "HP-UX" machine for a Sun machine. Here is a sample code:- x:- HP-UX y:- Sun Extracting a value from glance outuput. ssh x@y "/opt/perf/bin/glance -f -adviser_only -iterations 2 -maxpages 1 > glance.op ; echo `head -1 glance.op | a wk '{print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
0 Replies

6. AIX

Error : fatal: record too large

while running a script to process a file , it ended in termination . I able to find from the logs that it ended due to the error : fatal: record too large 20480 . Then I tried lots to fix the issue and left in vain . Can any one help me in finding reason for it ? . If you provide me a solution , I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sakthifire
1 Replies

7. AIX

dbx fatal error

Background ------------- Os: IBM AIXL 5.1 (Unix) Problem ------------- I run the dbx in csh as follows % dbx mainprog -- The following is the systemm replay Type 'help' for help. reading symbolic information ...warning: stab entry unrecognized: name ,type 45, class a8, value 0' ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skfn1203
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GCC compiler Ld fatal error

Hi all I'm trying to install sudo. When I first ran the sudo configure script it errored saying that I didn't have a C compiler. I have since installed the GCC 3.4.6 package for sol8 from sun freeware. Doing that resolved the no C complier found error. I was then getting an error saying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Donkey25
1 Replies

9. Linux

Send-mail: fatal error

Hi guys, i am using the below command to send mail mail -s "HI" abcd@how.com < temp_mail.txt I am getting the below error send-mail: fatal: bad string length 0 < 1: myorigin = My os version is as Linux Help me with ur suggestion guys thank u. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
3 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

PHP Fatal Errors During SSL Cert Management - PHP Fatal error: xc_fcntl_mutex failed

Today, I noticed some errors in our SSL cert renewal log files, mostly related to domains where the IP address had changed. Concerned about this, rebuilt out SSL cert, which normally goes well without a hiccup. However, for today, for some reason which I cannot explain, there was a PHP error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
GLANCE-CONTROL(1)						      Glance							 GLANCE-CONTROL(1)

NAME
glance-control - Glance Daemon Control Helper GLANCE DAEMON START
/STOP/RELOAD HELPER SYNOPSIS glance-control [options] <SERVER> <COMMAND> [CONFPATH] Where <SERVER> is one of: all, api, registry, scrubber And command is one of: start, stop, shutdown, restart, reload, force-reload And CONFPATH is the optional configuration file to use. OPTIONS --version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit --config-file=PATH Path to a config file to use. Multiple config files can be specified, with values in later files taking precedence. The default files used are: [] -d, --debug Print debugging output --nodebug Do not print debugging output -v, --verbose Print more verbose output --noverbose Do not print more verbose output --log-config=PATH If this option is specified, the logging configuration file specified is used and overrides any other logging options specified. Please see the Python logging module documentation for details on logging configuration files. --log-format=FORMAT A logging.Formatter log message format string which may use any of the available logging.LogRecord attributes. Default: none --log-date-format=DATE_FORMAT Format string for %(asctime)s in log records. Default: none --log-file=PATH (Optional) Name of log file to output to. If not set, logging will go to stdout. --log-dir=LOG_DIR (Optional) The directory to keep log files in (will be prepended to --logfile) --use-syslog Use syslog for logging. --nouse-syslog Do not use syslog for logging. --syslog-log-facility=SYSLOG_LOG_FACILITY syslog facility to receive log lines --pid-file=PATH File to use as pid file. Default: /var/run/glance/$server.pid SEE ALSO o OpenStack Glance BUGS o Glance is sourced in Launchpad so you can view current bugs at OpenStack Glance AUTHOR
OpenStack COPYRIGHT
2010-present, OpenStack, LLC. 2012.1.1 March 14, 2013 GLANCE-CONTROL(1)