Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Access Windows NT files through Unix. Post 302071914 by tmarikle on Tuesday 25th of April 2006 06:29:45 PM
Old 04-25-2006
You can use samba to access your NT shares but why don't you simply script a job on the NT server to do this?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SFR Files on floppy tobe access in windows

I have here a UnixSlackware 2.01 disk that contains a so called SFR files, i want to open it on windows system since i dont have a unix system, is it posible ??? i tried to install WIPRO UWIN (korn shell) on my windows system but i cant access the floppydisk... so is there a posible solution... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mharck29
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Unix Sco Open Server, Windows Computers Problem Access Unix Shared Files Help!!!!!

Hello Moto I hope someone can help We's here at work, have a unix box with sco openserver 5 on it, so it has a nice gui interface.. and also a fair few windows computers.. a system admin guy b4 me, has set up a user called neil, which can, when u try to access the unix box using windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haggo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I access the create date from Windows after the file has been FTP'd to UNIX ?

I run an application that creates a hostname_log.txt file on the c:\ of each windows workstation. At the end of each day, these log files are FTP'd to a directory on a UNIX box. When I run "ls -lrt", the timestamp that is displayed is the timestamp that the FTP occured, not the timestamp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavman99
2 Replies

4. AIX

how to allow Windows platform to access Unix based disk volumes

How to allow Windows platform to access Unix(AIX) based disk volumes? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logs access in windows fetching the data from a unix server

How I can get the logs that are getting stored in specific location in unix server through an Apache web server installed in unix server? Requirement is to access the logs through the URL in windows browser without any access. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alvida
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To access UNIX server from Tk application running on Windows

Hi, I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I want to know that if I make an application in Tk (version of Tcl to create GUI) in windows and want to run to UNIX server, is it possible ? In other words, can I access a UNIX server through a Tk application running on windows ? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ratneshnagori
1 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Access wubi files from windows 7

I am unable to boot into my ubuntu installation. I have installed using wubi in windows 7. I just want too access and get some files and then reinstall ubuntu. I know that the files are located in C:/ubuntu/disks/root.disk. I have tried to use explore2fs, but that doesn't seem to work with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Can Unix access Windows' File through Command Prompt in Unix

Hi all, I wish to know whether Unix can access window's file in Unix's terminal? Apart from that, how to copy files or share files between Window and Unix? I get to know of secure copy, however, my company's Unix does not support the feature of secure copy? Any other method for me to share/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jessy83
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access UNIX server based on windows

I want to look up log files on the unix server. My machine is windows 7 pro. I can view them from windows explorer but it is slow because huge amount logs files there. Is there a way or tools to quickly access it? Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do I require remote login access to a windows server to transfer files from a UNIX server

Hi All I need to transfer a file from a UNIX server to a windows server. I saw that it is possible to do this using scp command by looking at the forum listed below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
2 Replies
MASKTEST(1)							  [FIXME: manual]						       MASKTEST(1)

NAME
masktest - Find differences in wildcard matching between Samba's implementation and that of a remote server. SYNOPSIS
masktest {//server/share} [-U user%pass] [-d debuglevel] [-W workgroup] [-n numloops] [-s seed] [-a] [-E] [-M max protocol] [-f filechars] [-m maskchars] [-v] DESCRIPTION
masktest is a utility for detecting differences in behaviour between Samba's own implementation and that of a remote server. It will run generate random filenames/masks and check if these match the same files they do on the remote file as they do on the local server. It will display any differences it finds. This utility is used by the Samba team to find differences in behaviour between Samba and Windows servers. OPTIONS
-U user%pass Specify the user and password to use when logging on on the shares. This parameter can be specified twice (once for the first server, once for the second). -s seed Seed the random number generator with the specified value. -n numops Set the number of operations to perform. -a Print the operations that are performed. -M max_protocol Maximum protocol to use. -f Specify characters that can be used when generating file names. Default: abcdefghijklm. -E Abort when difference in behaviour is found. -m maskchars Specify characters used for wildcards. -v Be verbose VERSION
This man page is correct for version 4.0 of the Samba suite. SEE ALSO
Samba AUTHOR
This utility is part of the Samba[1] suite, which is developed by the global Samba Team[2]. masktest was written by Andrew Tridgell. This manpage was written by Jelmer Vernooij. NOTES
1. Samba http://www.samba.org/ 2. Samba Team http://www.samba.org/samba/team/ [FIXME: source] 04/16/2014 MASKTEST(1)