Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: hdds physically
Operating Systems HP-UX hdds physically Post 302071568 by Perderabo on Friday 21st of April 2006 05:08:32 PM
Old 04-21-2006
Then use dd to read the whole thing and see if that works.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to check if rsc is physically exist

I have a bunch of servers that cant connect via rsc, but supposingly they can connect... Any chance I can check if the rsc card is physically exist in the server by some command? Some of the machines are in overseas, and I won't go datacenter to check anyways... Many Thanks! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicole0404
6 Replies

2. Solaris

Physically identify hard disk.

Hi, I have a failed hard disk in my Sun Fire V240. Unfortunately it does not show up in 'cfgadm -al' or in the format command so I cannot unconfigure it and illuminate the blue light on the front to identify it. Is there any way of iluminating the blue lights on the other disks so I can at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
3 Replies

3. Solaris

SPARC T4-1/Solaris 11/Add 2 new HDDs in RAID 0 configuration

Hi, Couple of sentences for background: I'm a software developer, whose task was to create a server software for our customer. Software is ready for deployment and customer has a new T4-1 SPARC, but somehow it also became my task also to setup the server. I have managed to get the server is up... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: julumme
13 Replies

4. AIX

IBM AIX 5.2 cloning Hdds

I have an old IBM Power 5 9111-520 that has data on it but the system is failing. I need to move it to a more reliable server. The current system has two drives and no raid. I would like to setup my "newer" system with raid and two partitions then clone my setup over. What is the best way to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BDC80
2 Replies
isaexec(3C)                                                Standard C Library Functions                                                isaexec(3C)

NAME
isaexec - invoke isa-specific executable SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> int isaexec(const char *path, char *const argv[], char *const envp[]); DESCRIPTION
The isaexec() function takes the path specified as path and breaks it into directory and file name components. It enquires from the running system the list of supported instruction set architectures; see isalist(5). The function traverses the list for an executable file in named subdirectories of the original directory. When such a file is located, execve() is invoked with argv[] and envp[]. See exec(2). RETURN VALUES
If no file is located, isaexec() returns ENOENT. Other return values are the same as for execve(). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Example of isaexec() function. On a system whose isalist is sparcv7 sparc the program int main(int argc, char *argv[], char *envp[]) { return (isaexec("/bin/thing", argv, envp)); } will look first for an executable file named /bin/sparcv7/thing, then for an executable file named /bin/sparc/thing. It will invoke execve() on the first executable file it finds named thing. On that same system, a program called /u/bin/tofu can cause either /u/bin/sparcv7/tofu or /u/bin/sparc/tofu to be invoked using the follow- ing code: int main(int argc, char *argv[], char *envp[]) { return (isaexec(getexecname(), argv, envp)); } ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
exec(2), getexecname(3C), attributes(5), isalist(5) SunOS 5.10 20 Mar 1998 isaexec(3C)