Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: hdds physically
Operating Systems HP-UX hdds physically Post 302071559 by efrenba on Friday 21st of April 2006 03:28:19 PM
Old 04-21-2006
Question hdds physically

Hi,

I've a HP-UX 10x running on HP9000 box and also I have 3 scsi hdd(9Gb),
one of them is working. I need to check the other 2 hdd physically.

Is there an utility to check them from unix or another way to do it?

Thanks....

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to check if rsc is physically exist

I have a bunch of servers that cant connect via rsc, but supposingly they can connect... Any chance I can check if the rsc card is physically exist in the server by some command? Some of the machines are in overseas, and I won't go datacenter to check anyways... Many Thanks! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicole0404
6 Replies

2. Solaris

Physically identify hard disk.

Hi, I have a failed hard disk in my Sun Fire V240. Unfortunately it does not show up in 'cfgadm -al' or in the format command so I cannot unconfigure it and illuminate the blue light on the front to identify it. Is there any way of iluminating the blue lights on the other disks so I can at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
3 Replies

3. Solaris

SPARC T4-1/Solaris 11/Add 2 new HDDs in RAID 0 configuration

Hi, Couple of sentences for background: I'm a software developer, whose task was to create a server software for our customer. Software is ready for deployment and customer has a new T4-1 SPARC, but somehow it also became my task also to setup the server. I have managed to get the server is up... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: julumme
13 Replies

4. AIX

IBM AIX 5.2 cloning Hdds

I have an old IBM Power 5 9111-520 that has data on it but the system is failing. I need to move it to a more reliable server. The current system has two drives and no raid. I would like to setup my "newer" system with raid and two partitions then clone my setup over. What is the best way to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BDC80
2 Replies
tapset::scsi(3stap)													       tapset::scsi(3stap)

NAME
tapset::scsi - systemtap scsi tapset DESCRIPTION
This family of probe points is used to probe SCSI activities. scsi.ioentry Prepares a SCSI mid-layer request See probe::scsi.ioentry(3stap) for details. scsi.iodispatching SCSI mid-layer dispatched low-level SCSI command See probe::scsi.iodispatching(3stap) for details. scsi.iodone SCSI command completed by low level driver and enqueued into the done queue. See probe::scsi.iodone(3stap) for details. scsi.iocompleted SCSI mid-layer running the completion processing for block device I/O requests See probe::scsi.iocompleted(3stap) for details. scsi.ioexecute Create mid-layer SCSI request and wait for the result See probe::scsi.ioexecute(3stap) for details. scsi.set_state Order SCSI device state change See probe::scsi.set_state(3stap) for details. SEE ALSO
probe::scsi.ioentry(3stap), probe::scsi.iodispatching(3stap), probe::scsi.iodone(3stap), probe::scsi.iocompleted(3stap), probe::scsi.ioexecute(3stap), probe::scsi.set_state(3stap), stap(1), stapprobes(3stap) IBM
--- tapset::scsi(3stap)