Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting creating file of 1MB using shell command? Post 302070331 by vijaya2006 on Tuesday 4th of April 2006 05:51:17 AM
Old 04-04-2006
Explaination clearly....

Hi Thanks for the reply....
I would like to be explained in detail

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a shell script for creating a log file

I have a schell script that runs continously on an AIX system. It is actually started from another shell script with the "ksh -x" command and then I just write the output to a log file. This causes the log files to be filled with mostly useless information. I would like to modify this script to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heprox
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a command history feature in a simple UNIX shell using C

I'm trying to write a history feature to a very simple UNIX shell that will list the last 10 commands used when control-c is pressed. A user can then run a previous command by typing r x, where x is the first letter of the command. I'm having quite a bit of trouble figuring out what I need to do, I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: -=Cn=-
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a file that contains output from a command, and then displays itself

hey, I'm trying to create the command that will create a file named user.txt that contains the output of the command cut -d: -f1,5 /etc/passwd, and displays itself afterwards. I don't know how to bridge cat > user.txt with cut -d: -f1,5 /etc/passwd, or how display it afterwards. Any help would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidkridley
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a command on a BASH shell

Hi all. Suppose I have the following function in an executable file named "HOLA": ------------------------ function hola { echo "Hola ${@}."; } ------------------------ In addition, suppose that I want to execute the file so I can input my name next to ./HOLA. I mean,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hresquivelo
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating File using the CAT Command

Hello , I am newbie to UNIX platform . I have read that there are two ways of creating files that is using 1.) Cat 2.) touch . With Cat Command i am unable to create a File , i is saying No file or Directory exists I logged in with root as user . please help (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Pavanv
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rename a file if it exceeds 1MB in size

Hi all. I am trying to write a script that renames a logfile if it exceeds roughly 1 MB. My find command is: find some_logfile -type f -size +20000 Now I want to do my processing if it finds a file or not... How can I go about this? The $? is 0 if it finds a file or not. All... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
4 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

creating an executable file from shell scripts

Hi Friends, I have a shell script which does some operations etc, would it be possible to create an executable file out from this shell script? meaning the executable file is not editable, thus the source code will not be visible to other users for copyright reasons. Please help, thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kokoro
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting for creating ftp and transfer file

Dear All, We run backup script to update backup file every hour. I want to create a script, which transfer these files in another server using ftp as new backup file created every hour. Files should be stored with a unique name for every hour(e.g 20130708_13:00 , 20130708_14:00 and so on) and... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Preeti Saini
13 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Creating file and passing argument to a command

Hi All, I am having command to run which will take argument as input file. Right now we are creating the input file by cat and executing the command ftptransfer -i input file cat >input file file1 file2 cntrl +d Is there a way I can do that in a single command like ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating an excel file with filters using shell script.

Hi All, I am new to shell scripting. I have made a script that can convert an excel file from cvs file. This excel file contains hundreds of records and i would like the reader to be able to filter. Is it possible to create an excel file with filters? or that functionality has not been... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marvin159875321
3 Replies
xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)					   XCB Requests 				       xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)

NAME
xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma - SYNOPSIS
#include <xcb/randr.h> Request function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_randr_crtc_t crtc); Reply datastructure typedef struct xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t { uint8_t response_type; uint8_t pad0; uint16_t sequence; uint32_t length; uint16_t size; uint8_t pad1[22]; } xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t; Reply function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t cookie, xcb_generic_error_t **e); Reply accessors uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); REQUEST ARGUMENTS
conn The XCB connection to X11. crtc TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. REPLY FIELDS
response_type The type of this reply, in this case XCB_RANDR_GET_CRTC_GAMMA. This field is also present in the xcb_generic_reply_t and can be used to tell replies apart from each other. sequence The sequence number of the last request processed by the X11 server. length The length of the reply, in words (a word is 4 bytes). size TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. DESCRIPTION
RETURN VALUE
Returns an xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t. Errors have to be handled when calling the reply function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply. If you want to handle errors in the event loop instead, use xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_unchecked. See xcb-requests(3) for details. ERRORS
This request does never generate any errors. SEE ALSO
AUTHOR
Generated from randr.xml. Contact xcb@lists.freedesktop.org for corrections and improvements. XCB
2014-06-10 xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)