Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Untar a TAR file at different location Post 302070072 by shoeb_syed on Friday 31st of March 2006 05:54:52 AM
Old 03-31-2006
untar

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaymaru
Hi,

I want to UNTAR a TAR file at different location. Is it possible?
My TAR file contains the files with absolute path.

Malay
Hi,

See This Thread.

Best Regards

Shoeb

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Untar to different location

I have a tar file where the files have been tar'd along with the location of the file i.e /opt/abc/file.txt /opt/abc/file2.txt I am trying to untar this file on a different server where /opt/abc does not exist. How do I untar these files without the tar trying to create the structure... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: handak9
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Restoring TAR'd file to different location

Is it possible to restore a TAR'ed file off of a tape to a location other than the original location? If so, how? (The MAN pages give examples of how to restore only to the originating location.) Thanks!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Untar to different location

Hi, I'm facing problem of untar'ing the tar contents with absolute pathnames to a different directory. Please provide me some hint on how to resolve it. Regards, Pradeep (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradeep_desh
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tar utility (untar a .tar file) on VxWorks

Hi All Can someone pls guide me if there any utility to compress file on windows & uncompress on vxworks I tried as - - compressed some folders on windows ... i created .tar ( to maintain directory structure ) and compressed to .gz format. - on VxWorks i have uncompressed it to .tar... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uday_01
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to untar latest tar file

I am trying to put together a script that will check for the latest file in a directory then extract it. The extraction and the scheduling I can do, but am not sure how to get it to check for the latest file. These files are uploaded every evening by an external party and the previous days files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stheologo
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Extracting file from tar at relative location!!

Hi Gurus, I have a .tar file which required untar to the new location. I list the content with –tvf its listing the files which are inside the tar, when I am extracting he file from tar its working fine, however once I am trying to extract the file at the new location I am unable to do so. I... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

untar a tar file

how can I untar a file without extracting it? sample: file.tar to file thanks, lara (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

untar .tar.gz file to a specific file

Hi, I'll get a tarred file from a remote location in the format of .tar.gz which my program needs to un-tar it into a specific destination foler and a file Incoming file/local/server/source/path/remote_file.txt.tar.gz Extracted file/local/server/destination/path/un-tar/stage_file.txt ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp/untar .tar file in parallel issue

Hi Guys, I am facing a strange issue while doing parallel (using & for background) scp/untar operation from my unix box to multiple unix boxes... I am getting tar : unexpected EOF in archive error the code is as follows.,,, for i in 10 do sh -c "scp <command> ; ssh tar -xf <tar> -C... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mihirvora16
4 Replies

10. Solaris

How to copy a tar file on a series of remote hosts and untar it on those hosts?

Am trying to copy a tar file onto a series of remote hosts and untar it at the destination. Need to do this without having to do multiple ssh. Actions to perform within a single ssh session via shell script - copy a file - untar at destination (remote host) OS : Linux RHEL6 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
3 Replies
gst-complete-0.8(1)						   User Commands					       gst-complete-0.8(1)

NAME
gst-complete-0.8, gst-complete - perform bash completion for gst-launch command lines SYNOPSIS
complete -Cgst-complete-0.8 gst-launch gst-complete [--gst-list-mm] [--gst-mm=string] [--print] DESCRIPTION
gst-complete-0.8 enables bash to provide context-sensitive tab completion for gst-launch command lines. See gst-launch(1) for the syntax of gst-launch command lines. You must have a version of bash that supports programmable completion. Such versions of bash provide the complete built-in command. gst-complete is a wrapper script that runs the latest installed version of gst-complete-X.X. For example, if both gst-complete-0.7 and gst- complete-0.8 are installed on your system, gst-complete runs gst-complete-0.8. OPTIONS
The following options are supported by gst-complete-0.8 and gst-complete: --help Display detailed usage message. You can also use -? to specify this option. The following options are supported by gst-complete only: --gst-list-mm List found major/minor versions. This option displays the versions that are available. --gst-mm=string Force major/minor version. This option enables you to specify a specific version to run, if you do not want to run the default version. --print Print wrapped command line. This option displays the command that will be run, and then runs the command. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Generating the Registry of Available Plugins by Running gst-compprep Run the following command in your .bash_profile or other appropriate place: example% complete -C gst-complete-0.8 gst-launch Example 2: Running the Wrapper Script and Displaying the Command Name example% gst-complete --print /usr/bin/gst-complete-0.8 FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gst-complete-0.Executable for bash completion for gst-launch /usr/bin/gst-complete Wrapper script that runs the latest installed version of gst-complete-X.X ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-media | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gst-compprep(1), gst-feedback(1), gst-inspect(1), gst-launch(1), gst-launch-ext(1), gst-md5sum(1), gst-register(1), gst-thumbnail(1), gst- typefind(1), gst-xmlinspect(1), gst-xmllaunch(1), gstreamer-properties(1), libgstreamer-0.8(3), libgstgetbits(3) NOTES
Original man page written by the GStreamer team at http://gstreamer.net/. Updated by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 14 Oct 2004 gst-complete-0.8(1)