Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris show firmware of network card Post 302068881 by pressy on Tuesday 21st of March 2006 12:09:58 PM
Old 03-21-2006
Summary

thanks for your answer RTM, but modinfo only shows the version of the kernel module, not the hardware firmware/fcode....

i found a solution:

first, it is possible to see it in the OBP like i wrote...

2nd:
to see it in a running system, you could use:
# prtpicl -v -c network | grep version
--snip--
:version Sun PCI Gigaswift 1000Base-X FCode 2.12 04/04/22
--snip--
#

or 3rd:
# prtconf -pv | grep version
--snip--
version: 'Sun PCI Gigaswift 1000Base-X FCode 2.12 04/04/22'
--snip--

thanks for your time...

regards pressy

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

network card

I have a UnixWare 2 server that has an ISA 3Com NIC that has just a BNC connector on it. I want to remove this and install an ISA 3Com NIC that has a BNC/RJ45 connector. What steps do I have to go through to successfully complete this? Thye are almost the exact same cards except for the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cparks
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing network card

1) i am trying to install realtek network card in caldrea linux, but i am not able to find the interface, 2)i download drivers for network card and i am not able to read the floopy in linux, pls help me out. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gops
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Network Card with SGI

The Octane is driving me nuts . It was sitting on the network doing its job nicely and i had to pull the n/w cable out from the wall to pull it from the inside of the table and connected it again . The logs show this -- link down .... < when i pulled it out > link ok < when i connected > But... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Network Card Help

I have been having trouble with my sis900 neytwork card in slacwkare linux. I tried to modprobe the sis900, it didnt give me any errors but it didnt load it. so I put in a realtek 8139 network card and tried it too. These are the errors i get with the two cards when trying to do insmod on either of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Fridgerator
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

network card problem

hi, everyone: alpha 600 au true64 Unix 4.0f my network cart is set "Auto-Negotiate".After operate system startup,the network will be disconnected by itself at sometime. I found some prompt in /usr/adm/messages. "tu0 :transmit FIFO underflow:threshold raised to :256 byteŁ¬link up... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: q30
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network card and internet

Hi!. I have problems installing my network card under ther redhat kernel. First i tryed my integrated intel pro set 10/100 then my d-link 530tx Pci but none of them seems to be found. also i huse my network card to connect to the net trough PPPOE where i need to type my username and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gibbler
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I tell which network card is which?

I have three network cards in my unix box. I need to figure out which card corresponds to an assigned IP address. If there some command in unix I can use to make an ethernet interface blink? Any advice would be appreciated. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Show all network info

Is there a command that display all network info. I'm looking for ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns. If there isn't a single command could someone please write me a shellscript that can do this? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
8 Replies

9. Red Hat

Regarding Network Interface Card

Dear All , While taking backups in one Linux Server , we find one alert came with regard to Network Interface Card. Pl find the below alert. Network Interface Card performance for NIC:eth1 has exceeded Major threshold. Bytes sent and received per second (Average)= 105540.303101... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
6 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Error on network card

Hi Please can you help me to understand what could be wrong based on what I have captured in the logs: I have run cat /var/log/syslog | grep -i warn, and I got the following output NetworkManager: <warn> Activation (eth3) failed. Dec 23 10:58:25 cmoveldb02 NetworkManager: <warn> (eth3): DHCPv4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies
ACTCTRL(8)						    Linux System Administration 						ACTCTRL(8)

NAME
actctrl - configure IBM Active 2000 ISDN adaptor SYNOPSIS
actctrl [-d Driver-Id] action options ... DESCRIPTION
actctrl is used to setup the IBM Active 2000 ISDN device driver and for downloading the firmware into the ISDN card. The use of actctrl makes sense, if you are using an IBM Active 2000 card only. OPTIONS
-d Driver-Id selects the S0 interface named by Driver-Id. Driver-Ids are defined during driver initialisation. See act2000(4) for a description of the syntax to be used for modularized and monolithic driver versions. This option must be used to identify the S0 interface if more than one S0 interface is existent. If a single IBM Active 2000 is used, it may be omitted. If using more than one card, sup- port for the other cards is enabled with the add action of actctrl. Ids may not start with digits or small x, because these values are misinterpreted as numeric parameters by insmod. For loading the module, always the newest modutils package should be used to avoid problems during load. The following actions may be given to actctrl. add [bus[ port[ irq[ id]]]] enables support for an additional card in the driver. bus is is an integer describing the bus-type of the card. Currently, the only value which is allowed here is 1 meaning ISA-bus. In the future, the values 2 (for MCA) and 3 (for PCMCIA) will be available. port is either an integer describing the base port, or the string auto which enables autoprobing. irq is either an integer describing the IRQ to use, the string auto, which enables grabbing of the next free IRQ or the string none which enables polled mode for this card. id is an arbitrary string for referencing the card at a later time. dproto protocol [msn0,msn1, ... msn9] selects the D-channel protocol and defines MSN's if using Euro protocol. protocol may be either the string 1tr6 or the string euro. If selecting Euro protocol, a comma-separated list of up to 10 MSN's may be appended. For defining an empty entry in this list, use a dash. load firmware downloads the firmware into the card and starts operation. Usually the images are located in '/lib/firmware/isdn'. The firmware is named bip1120.bpl. dump is available if the program is configured using the --enable-dump option only. The contents of internal driver variables is dumped on stdout. FILES
'/lib/firmware/isdn'/bip1120.bpl This is the image of the firmware designed for both the German 1TR6 protocol and Euro ISDN. BUGS
No bugs so far. AUTHOR
(C) 1997 by Fritz Elfert <fritz@isdn4linux.de> SEE ALSO
isdnctrl(8), act2000(4), isdnctrl(4), ttyI(4). isdn4k-utils-3.9 1999/09/06 ACTCTRL(8)