Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: passing password to rlogin
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting passing password to rlogin Post 30201 by cerberusofhate on Friday 18th of October 2002 01:13:47 AM
Old 10-18-2002
you could also always use Expect, which is an excellent language/utility that can do practically anything you want to do with output from various programs!
cerberusofhate

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing the password in csh ( su )

Hi, How do I pass the password from a csh script when I su to a different user ? ( Root is not running this script ) Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ayeger
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redirecting password as username for rlogin

Is the following even possible ? by echo $3, I mean enter password when prompted for it. My main issue is that it would deal with a prompted password, which is passed from the command line like this: ./processing serverA user password I cannot not use expect here, I heard that was very... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seaten
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing a password to su

Hi I am running unix commands through Oracle, but I want to be able to run sftp which oracle cannot use. What I want to do is run a script which runs as oracle user but has the su command in, to connect as another user that has sftp access. I am trying the below. su - dwintuser -c gary.ksh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: colesga
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH Login by passing password.

ssh/sftp login by passing password , is it possible.Don't want to expect. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH version of rlogin (ie without password prompt)

I have 3 Solaris 10 UNIX servers, the shadow and passwd file are all identical and are automatically sync every 5 minutes. A majority of the users do not have CLI access but rather use a menu. I currently have menu options that allows them to rlogin to another server and I need to have the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: creedonjm
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing password to a command

Hi all, I have the expect binaries in our boxes.. I want to pass a passwd to a command automatically without manual intervention using "/<path_of_expect>/expect/<version>/bin/autopasswd" The below command will ask passwd in my script cleartool rmtag -all <vob_tag> #Some... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.iv85
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

rlogin / ssh login with password

Hello, I need to find a way to connect from server1 to 30 other servers using a single line command in order to run various command from the other 30 servers. I am looking for a single line connection command in which i can provide the server name user name and password and connect to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
2 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

SFTP without passing the password

Hi All, I am trying to do SFTP without passing the password. I did it by generating the Key pair on both source and destination servers but the problem is My script is running with BATCHADM user whereas I am doing SFTP using another username (sftp user1@destinationServer) due to which it is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaurr06
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing password for ssh in Script

I want to do following 2 commands via script: 1) eval `ssh-agent`2) ssh-add /export/home/sufuser/.ssh/id_rsa When asked for passphrase enter "passwordpassword1234 but whenever I run the script it stucks after "ssh-add /export/home/sufuser/.ssh/id_rsa" command and asks fro... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogeshpawar
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing password with SSH command

Hi Experts, I have specific requirement where I want to pass the password with the ssh username@hostname command . I dont want to use RSA public and private keys also. Because that will be on production server and no one wants to give access like that. Second thing it is production... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
14 Replies
UNBUFFER(1)						      General Commands Manual						       UNBUFFER(1)

NAME
unbuffer - unbuffer output SYNOPSIS
unbuffer program [ args ] INTRODUCTION
unbuffer disables the output buffering that occurs when program output is redirected from non-interactive programs. For example, suppose you are watching the output from a fifo by running it through od and then more. od -c /tmp/fifo | more You will not see anything until a full page of output has been produced. You can disable this automatic buffering as follows: unbuffer od -c /tmp/fifo | more Normally, unbuffer does not read from stdin. This simplifies use of unbuffer in some situations. To use unbuffer in a pipeline, use the -p flag. Example: process1 | unbuffer -p process2 | process3 CAVEATS
unbuffer -p may appear to work incorrectly if a process feeding input to unbuffer exits. Consider: process1 | unbuffer -p process2 | process3 If process1 exits, process2 may not yet have finished. It is impossible for unbuffer to know long to wait for process2 and process2 may not ever finish, for example, if it is a filter. For expediency, unbuffer simply exits when it encounters an EOF from either its input or process2. In order to have a version of unbuffer that worked in all situations, an oracle would be necessary. If you want an application-specific solution, workarounds or hand-coded Expect may be more suitable. For example, the following example shows how to allow grep to finish pro- cessing when the cat before it finishes first. Using cat to feed grep would never require unbuffer in real life. It is merely a place- holder for some imaginary process that may or may not finish. Similarly, the final cat at the end of the pipeline is also a placeholder for another process. $ cat /tmp/abcdef.log | grep abc | cat abcdef xxxabc defxxx $ cat /tmp/abcdef.log | unbuffer grep abc | cat $ (cat /tmp/abcdef.log ; sleep 1) | unbuffer grep abc | cat abcdef xxxabc defxxx $ BUGS
The man page is longer than the program. SEE ALSO
"Exploring Expect: A Tcl-Based Toolkit for Automating Interactive Programs" by Don Libes, O'Reilly and Associates, January 1995. AUTHOR
Don Libes, National Institute of Standards and Technology 1 June 1994 UNBUFFER(1)