Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: creating jfs
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers creating jfs Post 30169 by Kelam_Magnus on Thursday 17th of October 2002 03:48:27 PM
Old 10-17-2002
Wait a minute... I wouldn't want to give credit improperly.

Maybe I am confusing you with: Livin"ask a question get a research paper"Free. Smilie

How long have you been involved with Linux/Unix. I thought you had been doing Admin work for a while.

I've been at it for about 6 years.

Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

jfs (jfs2) for AIX versus Veritas

Hi there, Can anyone tell me the advantages that jfs has over Veritas (if any)?? Cheers. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich
5 Replies

2. AIX

Can not extend a JFS file system

Hi, I am getting an error message when i try to increase the size of a filesystems under AIX 4.3.3: chfs: 0506-932 Can not extend a JFS file system with nbpi = 4096 and frag = 4096 past 134217728 (512 byte blocks). -> Characteristics Journaled File System ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Can
4 Replies

3. AIX

JFS and JFS2

hi all, can sumbody give me a link which gives the basic layout of JFS, JFS2 and the veritas file system. and i also want to know about the data structures used in this filsystem thanx in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anwerreyaz
0 Replies

4. AIX

160G SAN FS on JFS

Hi All, I can't create a FS from a SAN VG with size of 160G on JFS (NOT JFS2, requirement with application) with large file enabled. It only let me create 64G in maximum size. The actual size of SAN VG is also 160G, the FS can be smaller than 160G because of the inode allocation. Please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed with creating challenging bash script with creating directories

Hi, Can someone help me with creating a bash shell script. I need to create a script that gets a positive number n as an argument. The script must create n directories in the current directory with names like map_1, map_2 etcetera. Each directory must be contained within its predecessor. So... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
7 Replies

6. AIX

Cannot grow jfs file system on AIX 5.2

Hello all, I'm trying to grow a file system by 500MB using SMIT on AIX 5.2 but I receive this error: "0516-404 allocp: This system cannot fulfill the allocation request. There are not enough free partitions or not enough physical volumes to keep strictness and satisfy allocation requests.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: need2bageek
3 Replies

7. AIX

Jfs and jfs2

Hi all, Can anyone define the difference between jfs and jfs2 filesystem as well as usage of jfs log files.... Thanks.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumathi.k
7 Replies

8. AIX

Help with jfs

how to change the filesystem from jfs to jfs2 in ibm aix6.1 please tell me command for that. thank you, paandu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paandur
2 Replies
PAPERINFO(3)						     Library Functions Manual						      PAPERINFO(3)

NAME
paperinfo, paperwithsize, paperfirst, paperlast, papernext, paperprev - return informations about a paper SYNOPSYS
#include <paper.h> const struct paper* paperinfo(const char* papername) const struct paper* paperwithsize(double psw, double psh) char* papername(const struct paper*) double paperpswidth(const struct paper*) double paperpsheigth(const struct paper*) const struct paper* paperfirst(void) const struct paper* papernext(const struct paper* pinfo) const struct paper* paperprev(const struct paper* pinfo) const struct paper* paperlast(void) DESCRIPTION
paperinfo() returns a pointer to a struct paper containing informations about the paper with name papername paperwithsize() looks for a paper whose width and height is psw and psh in PostScript points, and return a pointer to a struct paper corresponding to the paper found. papername() returns the name of a paper described by an opaque struct paper object paperpswidth() returns the width, in PostScript points, of a paper described by an opaque struct paper object paperpsheight() returns the height, in PostScript points, of a paper described by an opaque struct paper object paperfirst() and paperlast() return the first and last entries for papers. Iteration from one entry to the next or the previous one can be done with papernext() and paperprev() respectively. SEE ALSO
paperinit(3), paperdone(3) defaultpapername(3) papersize(5) 24 September 1996 PAPERINFO(3)