Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Run a program and feed her parameters automaticly Post 30129 by roco on Thursday 17th of October 2002 06:10:38 AM
Old 10-17-2002
Run a program and feed her parameters automaticly

How can I run a program ('prog') through perl (in unix) and feed her required parameters?

system ("prog \n"); ?????????

now 'prog' ask for parameters and I want the perl script to give them automaticly without humen intervention?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

parameters from my program in c to a .ksh script

hi.. this is my question: it is possible transfer parameters from my program written in C to a .ksh script? how can i do it? i have a program in C, what is called from a .ksh script, and i need what the C program returns some values (parameters) please, help me - any idea thanks ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
2 Replies

2. Programming

Passing Parameters and getting values back from a c program to Shell script

I am having a shell script which has to be called from a C program. I have to pass two parameters to this script. HOw can I do that? eg: int main() { char st1; char str2; // call a shell script call_sh(str1,str2) where call_sh is the name of the shell script. then i need to get the return... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeshsu
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a same script in parallel with diffs parameters

i have script say some_script.ksh that takes an argument I need to run some_script.ksh in background parallely at the sametime with different arguments. Once all the background jobs complete, i need to run this script again in parallel with another 5 set of arguments. Would really... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hyennah
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH: how to launch a program with parameters

Hi, I'm a pretty big fan of BASH scripting. I've got a bunch I use for random things and lately a couple issues have been plaguing me. Both are somewhat related, in that they deal with filenames with spaces and "escaped" characters and with launching a program with command line arguements... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinCanFury
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace last form feed with line feed

Hi I have a file with lots of line feeds and form feeds (page break). Need to replace last occurrence of form feed (created by - echo "\f" ) in the file with line feed. Please advise how can i achieve this. TIA Prvn (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run SQL with parameters from a file

Hello, I need to run a SQL which will get parameters from a .txt file. Basically I need to run following query select * from a table where identity_id in <list of values in A.txt file> A.txt file is having values 1 2 3 4 5 I need the SQL to pick the values from the file and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asdban
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run crop with php get parameters

Hail i have a big problem to run cron job with get parameters. My cron path in application is: http://example.org/index.php?module=cron&code=123456 How can i run the cron this path? Help me soon as possible. :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sweb
1 Replies

8. Programming

IO Error - xmal feed wont run

Keep getting IO Error and •nonnumeric port: '' (InvalidURL; misconfigured server?) This in relation to RSS feeds. We have done a load of work to try to get RSS feeds working. Now they work. But they wont validate. http://www.ukcitymedia.co.uk/news/rss.php?feed=New_News ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alankeys
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run csh environment parameters from k-shell script?

Hi Guys, I need to run an alias from a k-shell script ,for example 10204, which points to : source $ORACLE_BASE/scripts/cshrc/10204/.cshrc Meaning , I need to run in my k-shell script with the env settings parameters of the alias. How to do it in k-shell? Thanks in advance, Nir (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a program-print parameters to output file-replace op file contents with max 4th col

Hi Friends, This is the only solution to my task. So, any help is highly appreciated. I have a file cat input1.bed chr1 100 200 abc chr1 120 300 def chr1 145 226 ghi chr2 567 600 unix Now, I have another file by name input2.bed (This file is a binary file not readable by the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
7 Replies