Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris8(intel)
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Solaris8(intel) Post 3010 by cubchubby on Saturday 16th of June 2001 10:01:27 AM
Old 06-16-2001
Sorry...forgot about your second issue.
try using init 0 to shutdown or init 6 to reboot.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

downloaded solaris8

i have downloaded 3 zipped solaris ver 8 07/01 installation cd and i want to ask this question: 1. what will i do to burn it? do i need to extract the file and then burn it? what? Note: Those zipped files have only one file each and it has more than 100mb plus. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rodelu
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A problme about solaris8

Hello,I have a problme when log on Solaris 8 ,screen show"DT information system do not startup".what's this.how to do it? thankx. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yeliu
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about grep on solaris8

there is -r switch for grep in linux, but in solaris 8, I found it doesn't support it. But I really need this function to rescue my sub-directories, so anybody can help me?thanks!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cooldown
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Segmentation fault in solaris8

hi, I am running solaris8 under E220R. While adding the user system show the following error message. How can i overcome this error?. anyone plz help me. bash-2.03# passwd raja New Password: Re-enter new Password: Segmentation Fault Thanks muthu (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: muthulingaraja
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris8

What is the max file system that I can create. Is the max 2TB? I trying to connect a iscsi device and Solaris can only see 999 GB. Do I have to change sector size? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmcguinn71
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Help for add disk on solaris8

Hi, boss i have a question about the system add the new disk. I add 6 disks in Sunfire 880, i want to put these 6 disks in to service but i do not want re-install the system, some guys can give me some advie on this case? thanks very much the follow is detail 0. c1t0d0 <SUN72G cyl... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: surainbow
3 Replies

7. Solaris

netsnmp on solaris8 sparc

hello, I installed netsnmp 5.6 on solaris 8 (sparc). now I want to have cpu, memory and disk used, for this when i execute: snmpwalk -v1 -c public localhost memory it displays me: End of mib please tel me how to do, to have this information (cpu, memory and disk used). thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamou23
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.profile in solaris8

question: why is that when I created a user under solaris8, i got two lines before the login.. sample: login as: user1 user1@1.1.1.1's password: Last login: Fri Feb 25 17:00:52 2011 from 12.0.0.5 Sun Microsystems Inc. SunOS 5.8 Generic February 2000 Sun Microsystems Inc. SunOS... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
0 Replies

9. Solaris

wxWidgets on Solaris8

hello, i am trying to compile wxWidgets on a Solaris8 box, but get this message: checking for XML_ParserCreate in -lexpat... yes checking for mspack.h... no checking for X... no configure: error: X11 not found, please use --x-includes and/or --x-libraries options (see config.log for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Norman Khine
0 Replies
hal-find(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      hal-find(1M)

NAME
hal-find, hal-find-by-capability, hal-find-by-property - search HAL global device list SYNOPSIS
hal-find-by-capability --capability capability [--help] [--verbose] [--version] hal-find-by-property --key key --string value [--help] [--verbose] [--version] DESCRIPTION
The hal-find commands, hal-find-by-capability and hal-find-by-property, search the Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) device list by speci- fied criteria and displays results on the standard output. hal-find-by-capability searches by capability, such as volume or block. hal- find-by-property searches by property, such as block.is_volume or volume.disc.has_audio. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --capability capability HAL device capability to search for. --help Display list of options. --key key The key to the property that is the basis of the search. --string value The string value associated with the property that is the basis of the search. --verbose Verbose mode. --version Display version and exit. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWhalr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
hald(1M), attributes(5), hal(5) SunOS 5.11 22 Aug 2006 hal-find(1M)