Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers File Extension association in CDE Post 301 by me2unix on Monday 20th of November 2000 03:20:37 PM
Old 11-20-2000
MySQL

Thank you!
I asked this question on other places and thought I'd never get an answer.. Smilie
was close to this file but not close enough...
thanks again, I'll check it out first thing in the morning when I get to work.

Hezki

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Association b/w sockets & processes

Hi, Is there any way i can know the association between sockets and the processes which created them. :confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: soorajmu
5 Replies

2. HP-UX

Equivalent configuration file for HP CDE?

Hello all - Looking for the equivalent configuration file for X windows using HP Unix / CDE. For example, using BSD Unix and X windows, the configuration file is XF86Config. What is it for the HP Unix systems and the CDE? We have a system where we want to install a touch screen monitor, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdinaz
1 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to migrate Solaris 10 CDE config to HP-UX CDE.

Hello, Do you guys by any chance know what is the best (if any ) way to move CDE configuration from a SOLARIS 10 machine to HP-UX? Just the config (actions, text files etc). Thanks in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary0x01
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use the filehandle stored in a variable without knowing its file association

how to use the filehandle stored in a variable without knowing its file association i.e. the filename code my $logFH = $connObj->get('logFH'); infoPrint("Variable is of type IO \n") if(UNIVERSAL::isa($logFH, 'IO')); infoPrint("$logFH\n"); output == INFO :: Variable is of type... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Connect to SunOS CDE from another CDE

I have two CDE desktop accounts on different server (called this CDE#1, CDE#2) on the same network. However, my current setup is connecting to the Solaris CDE#1,CDE#2 via Citrix. My plan is to connect to CD#1 and then somehow connect to CDE#2. How do I do this? I am just a regular user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tthach830
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File association

Hi, I'm using unix solaris 2.8 with CDE and I would modify the file association in my desktop. I found the file /usr/dt/appconfig/types/C/datatypes.dt from this topic : File Extension association in CDE | Unix Linux Forums | UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers but this file can only be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Toug
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display the .csv extension files based on .done extension fine

Hi All, I want to fetch the files based on .done file and display the .csv files and Wil take .csv files for processing. 1.I need to display the .done files from the directory. 2.next i need to search for the .Csv files based on .done file.then move .csv files for the one directory ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija.g6
2 Replies
explain_close_or_die(3) 				     Library Functions Manual					   explain_close_or_die(3)

NAME
explain_close_or_die - close a file descriptor and report errors SYNOPSIS
#include <libexplain/close.h> void explain_close_or_die(int fildes); DESCRIPTION
The explain_close_or_die function is used to call the close(2) system call. On failure an explanation will be printed to stderr, obtained from explain_close(3), and then the process terminates by calling exit(EXIT_FAILURE). This function is intended to be used in a fashion similar to the following example: explain_close_or_die(fildes); fildes The fildes, exactly as to be passed to the close(2) system call. Returns: This function only returns on success. On failure, prints an explanation and exits. SEE ALSO
close(2) close a file descriptor explain_close(3) explain close(2) errors exit(2) terminate the calling process COPYRIGHT
libexplain version 0.52 Copyright (C) 2008 Peter Miller explain_close_or_die(3)