Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: burning Solaris 8 images
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers burning Solaris 8 images Post 3008 by cubchubby on Saturday 16th of June 2001 09:46:29 AM
Old 06-16-2001
Yes....rename the file with an .iso extension.
In EasyCD you select create cd from image in the
file menu....I think....I'm not looking at EasyCD
now. It tells you on the download instruction
page.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Burning

Hi, I've been tring to find a burning program for Solaris 7. I haven't had to much luck on this so far. What is a program I can use for burning on solaris 7? Thx in advanced. :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
3 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Burning ISO of Solaris 9

Hello, This is my first time setting up a Unix system, and I'm very excited to do so, but I'm run into some problems from the get go! I downloaded Solaris 9 (I specifically need this version of Unix, as I'm gunning for a better position in my company), and got a bz2 compressed image. I intend... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skeet23
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create ghost images of a Solaris system?

Please excuse me if I asked some stupid questions. I know this has been asked and answered, but I didn't get the answer I need yet. How do I create a ghost image of a Solaris system? And if I can do so, how do I restore it? The purpose is (just like in Windows) to restore a clean system when... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: correro
3 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris 8 images

I need a set of CD's for solaris 8 , but for THE PC. if someone could direct where to either download them or share them with me, that would be great. I need to repair a system here for legacy purposes. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Burning Solaris 9 Installation ISOs to bootable CDs

Hi everyone, Im new to Solaris and am just about to install Solaris 9 on an old Sparc based machine with Solaris 8. My friend gave me the ISOs for V9, and now, i have them sitting on my Vista, and i have to start writing bootable CDs of the same. But Im not quite sure how to go about doing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: agummad
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 8 02/04 CD images

Hi all friends of the Forum, i want to ask you if someone would be so kind to provide me the links for Solaris 8 02/04 CD images.. (I can't find them in the Net, maybe my google-fu is weak) (Also i don't have an Oracle Solaris support contract so i can't download them from their site) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk2soldier
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script to find/sort/move images/duplicate images from USB drive

Ultimately, I'm looking to create a script that allows me to plug in a usb drive with lots of jpegs on it & copy them over to a folder on my hard drive. So in the process of copying I am looking to hash check them, record dupes to a file, copy only 1 of the identical files (if it doesn't exsist... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JonaQuinn
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)